• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In person I’m the kinda guy who feels weird saying “ma’am” and “sir” because that’s just strangely uncomfortable with me, it’s kinda stuffy and formal and I’m not a super formal dude with anything other than some of my favorite outfits sometimes

I’m also very visibly distressed recently and I’m getting fatter and tend to think outloud

If I know you and am excited to see you I’m typically more “alert and awake” and stop being on cloudy autopilot to talk to you

I like people watching sometimes and like I’ve said before I appreciate the human body, but I don’t really do that for sexual reasons. I just think the different shapes and sizes and stuff people come in are fascinating

I have an identity crisis that’s mostly actually fueled by my lack of money- I want to get clothes to make myself feel like something other than the least amount of effort, but it’s a bit expensive to buy decent clothes, and I haven’t had luck with thrifting recently

Uh let’s see what else

I find japan, Japanese culture, and the Japanese language pretty fascinating. Not in a weeby sort of way honestly, I’m happy with who I am and I’m not interested in living there, but the language is both practical and fun for me, and the culture and history is so... vivid and interesting. And terrifying.

Current favorites:
Youtuber: BrutalMoose
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and Torna)
Movie: Endgame, but I’m also not really good or well versed at movies usually so it usually ends up being whatever I recently enjoyed
Sweet treat: cheesecake
Drink: iced green tea
Meal: ribeye steak in nearly any configuration , medium rare
Developer: Sakurai
Pokémon: Mimikyu, Chandelure, Aegislash, Mega Gallade, Decidueye
Activity: currently, drawing and playing games

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
1) Fates isn't a sequel so free to explore its own themes
2) The core was thematically "making your own Fate"
The core was thematically all over the place. After the initial decision to "make your own fate" (Nohr/Hoshido./**** all y'all) it plays out much more like a destined hero tale. Corrin is given everything and is followed/endorsed by almost every person she comes in contact with after either a) showing off her Yato that literally flew into her hand to choose her as the hero, or b) not being a ****.

It's not a direct sequel in the usual sense, no, but it was a clear followup to Awakening, so much so that it recycled multiple characters and designs from Awakening in its main cast and made references back to Awakening through their dialogue. The Awakening-specific DLC even implies that the worlds are linked as Chrom knows all about the famed Nohr and Hoshido kingdoms.

Like I said, this simply bothered me.

Shroob

Sup?
In person I’m the kinda guy who feels weird saying “ma’am” and “sir” because that’s just strangely uncomfortable with me, it’s kinda stuffy and formal and I’m not a super formal dude with anything other than some of my favorite outfits sometimes

I’m also very visibly distressed recently and I’m getting fatter and tend to think outloud

If I know you and am excited to see you I’m typically more “alert and awake” and stop being on cloudy autopilot to talk to you

I like people watching sometimes and like I’ve said before I appreciate the human body, but I don’t really do that for sexual reasons. I just think the different shapes and sizes and stuff people come in are fascinating

I have an identity crisis that’s mostly actually fueled by my lack of money- I want to get clothes to make myself feel like something other than the least amount of effort, but it’s a bit expensive to buy decent clothes, and I haven’t had luck with thrifting recently

Uh let’s see what else

I find japan, Japanese culture, and the Japanese language pretty fascinating. Not in a weeby sort of way honestly, I’m happy with who I am and I’m not interested in living there, but the language is both practical and fun for me, and the culture and history is so... vivid and interesting. And terrifying.

Current favorites:
Youtuber: BrutalMoose
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and Torna)
Movie: Endgame, but I’m also not really good or well versed at movies usually so it usually ends up being whatever I recently enjoyed
Sweet treat: cheesecake
Drink: iced green tea
Meal: ribeye steak in nearly any configuration , medium rare
Pokémon: Mimikyu, Chandelure, Aegislash, Mega Gallade, Decidueye
Activity: currently, drawing and playing games
Yup, we're friends now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Current favorites:
Youtuber: Ramboraph4life
Game: God of War games
Movie: Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Sweet treat: Doritos
Drink: Mountain Dew
Meal: Subway sandwiches
Developer: N/A
Pokémon: N/A
Activity: Watching movies and shows, playing video games, hiking, kayaking

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's just a quirk of mine and I know it.

You know that feeling you get when playing through the original Pokemon Red/Blue and you're going through Mt. Moon and every Zubat that forcefully stops your progress increasingly makes you want to chuck your Gameboy across the room?

That's the feeling I get for almost every traditionally structured JRPG I have ever played with fights/encounters separate from the main world/progress. Pokemon was the exception because I was hooked on the trend as a kid. But for every sudden encounter where I see a screen splash and suddenly appear on a grid and have to go through menus for gameplay I get another step closer to giving up on the game. I feel as though I'm missing out on a long list of experiences you all enjoy but goddamn is that not fun for me.
Actually, no, I've never played Pokemon. But it's the same thing with Megami Tensei and lower level demons you have to fight a hundred times just to get from one part of the map to another. I guess I like Persona and Devil Survivor better because you can actually choose to engage in a fight or not.

Though, now I wonder what you think about Xenoblade's gameplay.

Fun fact: Persona 3's initial gameplay involved no splash screens. You were just going to encounter with enemies on the map and start fighting. It was scrapped for unknown reasons, likely budget.

D

Deleted member

Also it's offically been 5 months since I joined the site and I know this is a bit cliche to ask but since it's that time I would like to know what do you all think of me?

Cause uh I'm really self-conscious about myself and I feel like I made a bad impression so I would like to see if that's true or false because from my POV I feel like I either made a bad impression or no impression.

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, no, I've never played Pokemon. But it's the same thing with Megami Tensei and lower level demons you have to fight a hundred times just to get from one part of the map to another. I guess I like Persona and Devil Survivor better because you can actually choose to engage in a fight or not.

Fun fact: Persona 3's initial gameplay involved no splash screens. You were just going to encounter with enemies on the map and start fighting. It was scrapped for unknown reasons, likely budget.
fc4.jpg

If Noipoi were here rn he'd be having an existential crisis.

Double K

Smash Lord
The core was thematically all over the place. After the initial decision to "make your own fate" (Nohr/Hoshido./**** all y'all) it plays out much more like a destined hero tale. Corrin is given everything and is followed/endorsed by almost every person she comes in contact with after either a) showing off her Yato that literally flew into her hand to choose her as the hero, or b) not being a ****.
That's not abandoning the thematic core though, that's just Fates having ass writing, which almost nobody will dispute. The point of there beieng three games is that Corrin has a destiny to fulfill, but they can choose it however they want.

It's not a direct sequel in the usual sense, no, but it was a clear followup to Awakening, so much so that it recycled multiple characters and designs from Awakening in its main cast and made references back to Awakening through their dialogue. The Awakening-specific DLC even implies that the worlds are linked as Chrom knows all about the famed Nohr and Hoshido kingdoms.
Suikoden 2 takes place about 7 years after Suikoden 1, reuses about 1/4 of the cast and despite this, it isn't a sequel in the way that FE7 is a prequel to FE6, or how Thracia is a sequel to Genaology.

Another example is like comparing Xenogears to Xenosaga to Xenoblade. All same franchise and ostensibly in the same universe while sharing some story elements and imagery, but all of them are their own thing. So on and so on.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

So, I haven't played XC1 or XC2, just XCX. And I liked it.

The big difference for me is that a) the creatures are an active part of the world that I can choose to engage with or not, b) when I engage with one I'm not teleported to a magical grid where I have to navigate menus for primary gameplay, and c) my movement isn't restricted and the battle is still real time, even if the way you battle draws from JRPG menu setups.

Another good example of a game I liked despite the issue is Child of Light. The "teleport to battle area" thing wasn't a big issue because the timing aspect kept me engaged, the music often changed to avoid getting repetitive, item micromanagement and currency weren't things I had to keep track of and I could choose to avoid creatures in the main world if I didn't want to fight. Random encounters can go eat ****.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
If I ever make a Tinder profile it's gonna have the weirdest ****

Like, pictures of me being choked by a guy in a Tellytubby suit.
1545221028330.jpg

Also it's offically been 5 months since I joined the site and I know this is a bit cliche to ask but since it's that time I would like to know what do you all think of me?

Cause uh I'm really self-conscious about myself and I feel like I made a bad impression so I would like to see if that's true or false because from my POV I feel like I either made a bad impression or no impression.
Neutral impression from me.

You seem alright, just don't have something in my mind that sticks out about you yet.

And by no means is that a bad thing; something'll stick someday, don't sweat it.

So, I haven't played XC1 or XC2, just XCX. And I liked it.

The big difference for me is that a) the creatures are an active part of the world that I can choose to engage with or not, b) when I engage with one I'm not teleported to a magical grid where I have to navigate menus for primary gameplay, and c) my movement isn't restricted and the battle is still real time, even if the way you battle draws from JRPG menu setups.
If those are your criterion, the other XC games should do you alright.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah wanna fight by the flagpole outside of school at noon tomorrow
stop telling people not to listen to me mate the truth isn’t that unbearable

You're on.
btw I don't mean to be condescending in my pieces if I do that's not my intent and it's my bad as a writer if you really believe that then I'll try to do better in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's not abandoning the thematic core though, that's just Fates having *** writing, which almost nobody will dispute. The point of there beieng three games is that Corrin has a destiny to fulfill, but they can choose it however they want.

Suikoden 2 takes place about 7 years after Suikoden 1, reuses about 1/4 of the cast and despite this, it isn't a sequel in the way that FE7 is a prequel to FE6, or how Thracia is a sequel to Genaology.

Another example is like comparing Xenogears to Xenosaga to Xenoblade. All same franchise and ostensibly in the same universe while sharing some story elements and imagery, but all of them are their own thing. So on and so on.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying. I feel like we're saying the same thing to make two separate points.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are we doing ten questions? That sounds fun.

Current favorites:
Youtuber: PixxelTrixx
Game: I'll go with Persona 3 FES/Persona 4 Golden or Sonic Unleashed. Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Bayonetta 2 are up there.
Movie: Hard to say, maybe Kill Bill?
Sweet treat: Peanut butter
Drink: Lemonade, it's heavenly when it's good
Meal: Mantı, google it.
Developer: Sakurai.
Pokémon: A tie between Psyduck and Munclax
Activity: Reading

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

You're on.
btw I don't mean to be condescending in my pieces if I do that's not my intent and it's my bad as a writer if you really believe that then I'll try to do better in the future.
I was just messin’ with ya bud you’re fine

osby

Smash Obsessed

You seem like a sweet, if somewhat awkward guy. No bad impressions on this front.

If Noipoi were here rn he'd be having an existential crisis.
I love Pokemon world, but its gameplay is really isn't my thing.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's a known quirk of mine. I tend to avoid movies where dogs die on-screen or movies about dogs regardless they live or die because I don't have the emotional capability to watch them without crying.

I know it ain't real but I still can't stomach it. Doesn't help too I'm a huge animal lover especially towards dogs.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I love Pokemon world, but it's gameplay is really isn't my thing.
That’s fair enough

I really like the ins and outs of gameplay and a lot of the world

If there’s one thing in Gen I that I really like it’s Team Rocket

Also your stance on it reminds me of mine on FNAF. Story and lore of it is (for the most part) interesting but man I really strongly dislike the gameplay and approach to horror

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Two things:

1) I probably wouldn't ask that question.
2) To actually answer the question, you're a good guy and playing arenas with you was fun.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

What is it with y'all and suddenly worrying about how people see you? Like, I haven't seen anything that implies anyone around here is outright hated or anything. Like, I understand low self-esteem and being self-conscious, don't get me wrong. But it comes across as worrying for nothing.

To answer your question, though, you're a pal of mine. I like havin' ya around.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What is it with y'all and suddenly worrying about how people see you? Like, I haven't seen anything that implies anyone around here is outright hated or anything. Like, I understand low self-esteem and being self-conscious, don't get me wrong. But it comes across as worrying for nothing.

To answer your question, though, you're a pal of mine. I like havin' ya around.
Mate sometimes it just comes out because your ability to control not giving into to the temptation to find out buckles under the pressure you put on yourself through intrusive thoughts

But **** if it really annoys ya I can stop too

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You're on.
broke: posting a gif that's too big for the site to handle
woke: posting a video of the gif you find on Youtube in 2 seconds with a curse word in the title
bespoke: HAVING A MOD REPLACE THE VIDEO WITH A GIF THAT THE SITE CAN HANDLE AND SAVING IT TO YOUR COMPUTER SO YOU CAN USE IT LATER

:drifloon:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly I don't ever think my dream game will come to be.
How much experience do you have with game development? And how many people have you got with your team?

I remember you mentioning some RPG with Cryptids or something. Either way, never give up on your dreams, which I know sounds cheesy, but it's true aim for the sky.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That’s fair enough

I really like the ins and outs of gameplay and a lot of the world

If there’s one thing in Gen I that I really like it’s Team Rocket

Also your stance on it reminds me of mine on FNAF. Story and lore of it is (for the most part) interesting but man I really strongly dislike the gameplay and approach to horror
I have very few games I'm invested in its lore but won't play because of how the game itself plays, mainly Xenoblade. Very few, because I'm a weirdo who prioritizes story and presentation over actual gameplay in most cases.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Cleaning out my image folders again.

Finding stuff. Reminiscing.

Can't share this with who I'd like to the most, but I can share it with y'all.

Q57LKxL.jpg

No reason but the chuckle. Hope you get one too.

D

Deleted member

Current favorites:
Youtuber: AVGN or Vinny
Game: Chrono Trigger and A Link's Awakening
Movie: Kung Fu Hustle
Sweet treat: Honey Donuts
Drink: Frappuchino
Meal: Anything with seafood
Developer: Suda51
Pokémon: [insert any turtle/tortoise Pkmn here]
Activity: Gunpla

I think you're a nice guy, you need to work a bit on your self-confidence as I believe you can do a lot of stuff that you overthink a bit sometimes.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

stop that.jpg

You're fine my guy. You certainly haven't made a bad impression, and you haven't not made an impression, if that makes any sense. Also, you joined 5 months ago. No user is going to make that large of an impression in that short of a time. Don't stress too much about it.

Personally, I think you're a cool dude. You show a drive to improve yourself with your postings, and I like seeing you around.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Quick question, Dharkon theme or Galeem theme and am I the only one who thinks the latter is a lot more catchy?

Cleaning out my image folders again.

Finding stuff. Reminiscing.

Can't share this with who I'd like to the most, but I can share it with y'all.

No reason but the chuckle. Hope you get one too.
I did, thanks.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Mate sometimes it just comes out because your ability to control not giving into to the temptation to find out buckles under the pressure you put on yourself through intrusive thoughts

But **** if it really annoys ya I can stop too
I mean I ain't sayin' completely stop. Like I said, I get where it's comin' from, I've had the same thoughts before.

But I'm just saying, this is the second time this week someone has asked this question. Like, y'all good?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh boy it's one of those getting to know you trends. Don't mind if I do.

Current favorites:
Youtuber(s): Defunctland, videogamedunkey, Alpharad
Game: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
Movie: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer
Sweet treat: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Drink: Water, Coffee or (recently) Crisp Pear Red Bull if it's one of those days
Meal: Yogurt w/Granola and Berries
Developer: Sakurai, Nintendo
Pokémon: Infernape or Gallade
Activity: Fencing and working out, maybe reading

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Current favorites:
Youtuber: Killian Experience
Game: Metroid Prime
Movie: The Grand Budapest Hotel
Sweet treat: Tompoezen
Drink: Drambuie
Meal: Meze
Pokémon: Sandshrew, Camerupt, Aggron, Beheeyem, Dusknoir, Heatran
Activity: Badminton, Video Games, Drinking with friends

Shroob

Sup?
Current favorites:
Youtuber: Killian Experience
Game: Metroid Prime
Movie: The Grand Budapest Hotel
Sweet treat: Tompoezen
Drink: Drambuie
Meal: Meze
Pokémon: Sandshrew, Camerupt, Aggron, Beheeyem, Dusknoir, Heatran
Activity: Badminton, Video Games, Drinking with friends
That is some good taste.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
*sigh* All right then...

Current favorites:
Youtuber: RedLetterMedia
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Movie: The Terminator
Sweet treat: Yes
Drink: Yes
Meal: Yes
Developer: Nintendo
Pokémon: Sobble
Activity: Moving my arm to move the mouse

:yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Quick question, Dharkon theme or Galeem theme and am I the only one who thinks the latter is a lot more catchy?
I'm not sure if "catchy" is the word I'd use to describe it but I love the Galeem theme more. The way the tone shifts makes it feel more interesting and dramatic to me, unlike Darkhon's theme which, while still good, sounds more the same throughout.

I guess it helps that I'm not a huge fan of metal.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I love these kinds of memes.

Current favorites:
Youtuber(s): Vinesauce, Alpharad, SimpleFlips
Game: Catherine
Movie: Inside Out
Sweet treat: Vanilla cake
Drink: Milk or Pepsi
Meal: I'm so picky, my favorite meal changes so often.
Developer: Sakurai, Nintendo, PlatinumGames
Pokémon: Gardevoir and Misdreavus
Activity: Arts and crafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom