• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

I don't care about the design or quality. If the Sonic movie gives me **** like this, it was worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

they are not gonna completely fix sonic's design with the movie coming out this year and so much already done lol

D

Deleted member

This has probably already been posted, but oh well.

Serious talk. I doubt it's as good as we're thinking this is going to be. Even if they do overhaul the design, it doesn't really change the awkward setting, plot, average writing, and lack of other Sonic the Hedgehog fanservice stuff like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. Really, the design was the least of my concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Bruh, if they fix the design it could actually be a good movie. Not a really good movie, the jokes and plot are to be expected for the audience it’s aiming for, but I’d consider it a win in the video game movie department if Jim Carrey’s Eggman is as good as we’ve seen it and we get a faithful Sonic design. If they do fix the design and make it much more faithful it’ll probably have to be the ground up which will be hella expensive, but this movie will make gangbusters no matter what so why not please the fans while you’re at it?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How could they not
Nobody would shut up about it for the last few days lol

I’m not confident enough to show anyone lmfao

Not to actually straight up draw it yet

But I’m close

>mfw the wait for the first ToastyLewds officially begins
1546995781414.jpg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Smart, because at least they are trying to make it a good product.
Yes, but you gotta remember that it's likely gonna cost them a fair amount to redesign a character that's gonna be in a good chunk of the movie.

I sure hope the budget doesn't get too bloated, because I'm not even expecting it to do amazing numbers to begin with

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This has probably already been posted, but oh well.

My only issues with Sonic's portrayal are the shoes, the slide he does when holding the missles looking incredibly stiff and how he should be able to emote more. I feel that it's already too late for the writing to get touched on as i's very OK. Not good, not bad, but passable

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Smart, because at least they are trying to make it a good product.
Mmmm... they were trying to do that before. With it this close out, there’s no way they can actually do what they’re implying, and it’ll lead to mass disappointment if they don’t deliver properly even if they didn’t actually mean what it sounded like

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
They'll fix his design by covering him with bandages, Sonic Boom style

That's what the fans want, right?

D

Deleted member

Pyra Pyra , the scammer that he is, didn't show you guys the booby he drew. so i'll show you mine
sketch-1556832652234.png

it's just very zoomed in but trust me

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Okay so I Just bought the New DLC to my good called Spices and guys, holy ****, I can reccomend it!
It's like a whole new gamemode for Just €2,- tops!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Le Morte d'Arthur(Sir Thomas Malory, 1485)

Is there even time for them to fix anything? At this point, the film should be entering its final production stages.
Justice League went through some reshoots in the last few months to patch up the movie but it created problems as Henry Cavill had to grow a beard for his next movie. Considering Sonic is the main draw of the movie that's significantly more extensive. If they start now, I think they're barely going to be able to patch up the design if they work their asses off. Then again the trailer was shown a few months ago privately which leads me to believe this was already an improved version. Perhaps a delay would help, as long as it doesn't go like the Dark Pheonix movie nobody cares about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom