• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
She just went up and said
View attachment 214746

Also, random question for all:
Aside from the obvious people like Zinith Zinith being our resident Yoshiposter and our posthumous comrade TotsBS being our Scottposter, how do you guys identify other people in terms of personality gimmicks? Like, what makes them so ingrained with something that it becomes impossible NOT to associate them with that character or theme?
@faygoshill: ****poster supreme
Mythra Mythra : proprietor of lewds
Noipoi Noipoi : wholesome art lad with a heart of jane
staindgrey staindgrey : defends his waifus jill and midna to the death
redfeatherraven redfeatherraven : he's a shapeshifter, at pika's masquerade

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hinata is best girl.
Oh, you~

In all honesty, though, I've never thought about the "gimmicks" people have in this thread, nor have I given any thought to what mine is.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just found out that sloths that lived in water and dragged themselves along the seabeds with their forelimbs were once a thing.

This mistakenly set off something in the creative side of my brain due to the way sloths eat and act, and now I'm just

Manath Concept.png

imagining theoretical manatees that attended Arm Day and dangle off the seabed by their forelimbs like tied balloons.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Literally the only “gimmick” I have is that my avatars are all wearing glasses. Otherwise what you see is just whatever I feel like posting.
I thought your gimmick was earthworm genocide?

I just found out that sloths that lived in water and dragged themselves along the seabeds with their forelimbs were once a thing.

This mistakenly set off somethingin the creative side of my brain due to the was sloths eat and act, and now I'm just

View attachment 214750

imagining theoretical manatees that attended Arm Day and dangle off the seabed by their forelimbs like tied balloons.
Brooo that's amazing!

I love designing weird creatures!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you joke about CorrinEdea Pt. 2 and you actually end doing it.

1550372840443.png
I just pulled a Dream Theater

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Literally the only “gimmick” I have is that my avatars are all wearing glasses. Otherwise what you see is just whatever I feel like posting.
Not gonna lie, after seeing people and their responses, yours pretty much describes how I feel about myself as well (the latter part in particular). To paraphrase a template that describes a particular personality type...

"Fits into no specific crowd, yet accepted by most."

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
She just went up and said
View attachment 214746

Also, random question for all:
Aside from the obvious people like Zinith Zinith being our resident Yoshiposter and our posthumous comrade TotsBS being our Scottposter, how do you guys identify other people in terms of personality gimmicks? Like, what makes them so ingrained with something that it becomes impossible NOT to associate them with that character or theme?
The thing about me is that I came into this site knowing that Yoshi was the only topic I would ever have any kind of standing to talk about, and this was when figures like memoryman were still on everyone's minds. It may be a gimmick in execution but isn't one in intent :yoshi:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not gonna lie, after seeing people and their responses, yours pretty much describes how I feel about myself as well (the latter part in particular). To paraphrase a template that describes a particular personality type...

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

how grotesque

1556782863363.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just as a warning, I'm going to be changing my theme soon. That means I'm changing my username, avatar and signature.

I gotta check tags first before I do.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just as a warning, I'm going to be changing my theme soon. That means I'm changing my username, avatar and signature.

The power of fluffy boys will no longer shine within you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

It still will be UT/DR themed or Aurachad will return? :V

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

So I guess your online persona is delta-ruined.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The thing about me is that I came into this site knowing that Yoshi was the only topic I would ever have any kind of standing to talk about, and this was when figures like memoryman were still on everyone's minds. It may be a gimmick in execution but isn't one in intent :yoshi:
So for want of a nail, basically. I'm curious at what you would have adopted if you decided against using Yoshi. I mean, not like you don't post non-Yoshi topics, just genuinely intrigued at the alternatives.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
...Huh
61902627_p0_master1200.jpg

BigThink.jpg

imsoshocked.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My "dragon" shtick has died down a little but its still kind of there.

I want the people of this website to know that I'm a proud Charizard loyalist, and that's in part where that shtick came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom