• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I will say it again though. Shazam! is what Thor: Ragnarok should had been in terms of not taking things seriously especially in terms of humor and it worked given it was meant to be a take on Golden Age superheroes.
Look Chief...this ain’t it
WHY THE **** ARE THEY MAKING SPINOFF PREQUELS OF ALL THINGS

Agent Carter and stuff like that doesn't count for me. That's not a prequel, that's just filling in the gaps of the time periods we're missing out on. But all of these upcoming films and prequels coming up in a time period before the events of other films; what is possibly crucial that is missing to conlude the Infinity Saga? Everything just has damn near been cancelled at this point, and Disney+ is taking forever to even form.
You still get to have a Ghost Rider show..so it’s a win

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You still get to have a Ghost Rider show..so it’s a win
listen

listen

it aint johnny blaze, so i dont care

robbie reyes can rev up his ghost dodge all he wants but i wont give a damn

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ehhhh, I dunno. Every DC character is a Mary Sue, Yami Yugi esque, can't lose at anything, type character. Flash is CERTAINLY included.

I could go without a Flash movie. But seeing the arc that Magneto finally finds his lost children when he finds Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch and tries to convince them over to his side only to have one choose him and the other choose their Avenger's Family and causing Avengers vs. X-Men to break out is something I would absolutely be day one for.
Dude.

Dude.

Get the **** out of here with that ****. The Flash is a ****ing tragic character. He's created alternate timelines in which he lived just to see his dead mom again, only to have to let her go in order to restore order to the multiverse. He's had to watch her die multiple times when he was too slow to save her, and finally had to kill a man to stop it from happening again. He's failed to save his wife from the same fate against the same villain. He's become death incarnate and isolated himself from everyone he knew to save them from dying at the mere touch of him. He's ****ing broken the DC multiverse. Twice.

And that's just Barry Allen. Don't get me started on Wally West, Bart, Iris II or any of the others.

"Mary Sue can't lose at anything". Bite me.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I will say that Thor 1 is a brilliant movie. It is. But the Thor Comic Book fan in me wanted so much more smashy smashy hammer action and we instead got a Shakespearian love story.

It's still a great movie, and I adore it for that, and I love Kenith Branagh, but DAMN Ragnarok is just so much damn fun. It's just as appropriately ridiculous as Jack Kirby's version of the character and his world and I ****ing LOVE that. Ragnarok adheres more to comics than the other two and that's actually surprising because almost none of it takes place on Asgard.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dude.

Dude.

Get the **** out of here with that ****. The Flash is a ****ing tragic character. He's created alternate timelines in which he lived just to see his dead mom again, only to have to let her go in order to restore order to the multiverse. He's had to watch her die multiple times when he was too slow to save her, and finally had to kill a man to stop it from happening again. He's failed to save his wife from the same fate against the same villain. He's become death incarnate and isolated himself from everyone he knew to save them from dying at the mere touch of him. He's ****ing broken the DC multiverse. Twice.

And that's just Barry Allen. Don't get me started on Wally West, Bart, Iris II or any of the others.

drake and josh.gif

ten characters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hot take: Quicksilver=Flash<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Shulk with Speed Art

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dude.

Dude.

I'm just saying that a character can be tragic and still be rather boring. Tragedy doesn't mark complexity. Moral ambiguity isn't really a problem for Barry. He does the RIGHT thing no matter what. They can come up with these overpowered reasons as to why he's tragic and broken but it always comes down to the fact that he was always "doing the right thing"

I had this same problem with Captain America up until Winter Soldier for real. I don't know ALL that much about The Flash but from what I have seen, I wasn't super impressed, not meaning to sound dismissive here but when the only characters to have moral ambiguity is Batman and The Watchmen, I feel like the characters can get stale rather fast.

Plus, I really REALLY don't like The Flash show. Don't like it. At all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'know, I've wondered what an open-world RPG would be like in the Dragon Ball artstyle and world. Call it some neat **** like Project Z. I always wanted to make that type of game someday, it's games like Spider-Man 2018 that inspire you. I mean, it's not like anyone would-

image.gif

why they always gotta steal my ideas

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'm just saying that a character can be tragic and still be rather boring. Tragedy doesn't mark complexity. Moral ambiguity isn't really a problem for Barry. He does the RIGHT thing no matter what. They can come up with these overpowered reasons as to why he's tragic and broken but it always comes down to the fact that he was always "doing the right thing"

I had this same problem with Captain America up until Winter Soldier for real. I don't know ALL that much about The Flash but from what I have seen, I wasn't super impressed, not meaning to sound dismissive here but when the only characters to have moral ambiguity is Batman and The Watchmen, I feel like the characters can get stale rather fast.

Kind of random, but check out the Justice League animated series, if you can. It's a great show overall, but the Flash is specifically really fun there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TFW advanced tickets are already available for Secret Life of Pets 2 but aren't for Godzilla: King of the Monsters despite the former coming out a few weeks later after the latter. :glare:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

So my last post was hyperbole but for real dude, you need to read more DC comics if that's what you legitimately think.

Barry is absolutely a "do the right thing" golden age relic, in the same line as Superman and Captain America. That's part of what made him possibly the best part of the Injustice comics. But the rest of the Justice League is just as broken and awful as any of the Avengers. Hal Jordan in particular is a total ****head. But sticking specifically to The Flash, Wally West is darker, ****tier and morally ambiguous as all hell. His entire story revolves around hero envy and mentally not feeling that he's ever matched Barry, even after he's proven to have already gone many times faster. The simple rivalry between the Allens and the Thawnes spanning multiple generations and time travel is ****ed up all on its own.

Anyone can have a negative opinion of The Flash but it should be based on something that actually applies to the characters.

"Finally, the Flash's real identity...
I have no idea who this is."
The best line Lex Luthor's VA ever recorded.
EDIT: **** I'm tired that wasn't Lex's VA, duh. That was Wally's.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Y'know, I've wondered what an open-world RPG would be like in the Dragon Ball artstyle and world. Call it some neat **** like Project Z. I always wanted to make that type of game someday, it's games like Spider-Man 2018 that inspire you. I mean, it's not like anyone would-

View attachment 214741

why they always gotta steal my ideas
Is that a lightbulb he threw across the wall? If so, subtle...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So my last post was hyperbole but for real dude, you need to read more DC comics if that's what you legitimately think.

Barry is absolutely a "do the right thing" golden age relic, in the same line as Superman and Captain America. That's part of what made him possibly the best part of the Injustice comics. But the rest of the Justice League is just as broken and awful as any of the Avengers. Hal Jordan in particular is a total ****head. But sticking specifically to The Flash, Wally West is darker, ****tier and morally ambiguous as all hell. His entire story revolves around hero envy and mentally not feeling that he's ever matched Barry, even after he's proven to have already gone many times faster. The simple rivalry between the Allens and the Thawnes spanning multiple generations and time travel is ****ed up all on its own.

Anyone can have a negative opinion of The Flash but it should be based on something that actually applies to the characters.

The best line Lex Luthor's VA ever recorded.
That's fair.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Were all here talking about superhero films yet y'all sleeping on Brightburn.

Granted that's more of a supervillain film.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we’re talking marvel.

I gotta say remy from ratatouille wielding the infinity gauntlet and turn Thanos into his signature dish was a pretty bold move. Who would have thought someone so small and unexpected could save the universe and it not be ant man!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If we’re talking marvel.

I gotta say remy from ratatouille wielding the infinity gauntlet and turn Thanos into his signature dish was a pretty bold move. Who would have thought someone so small and unexpected could save the universe and it not be ant man!
Remy was the rat that got Scott out of the Quantum Realm.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do think Scarlet Witch is about to become a BIG deal post Phase 4 MCU. I imagine she'll be the explanation of the X-Men. Which COULD MAYBE open up the possibility for Quicksilver to return... eh?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I do think Scarlet Witch is about to become a BIG deal post Phase 4 MCU. I imagine she'll be the explanation of the X-Men. Which COULD MAYBE open up the possibility for Quicksilver to return... eh?
Yeah let me poke a few holes in that theory.

And Quicksilver.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been giving it thought and I'm starting to wonder if--

So I just wrote a long Endgame spoiler then backspaced it all out of existence. Just know that I'm been giving it thought.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish I had the energy to get back into the MCU, but fatigue really hit me hard in 2017...
Probably all that chocolate cake you've been eating.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm all for Wanda getting more screen time but I'd rather not movies making her a living reboot continuity changer like they did for a long time in comics.

Also while I dig the design, movie-Quicksilver never did anything much to make me invested in his character for long term.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I wish I had the energy to get back into the MCU, but fatigue really hit me hard in 2017...
yeah same. the only recent marvel movie i really loved was spiderverse, which is very loudly NOT part of the mcu

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm honestly really hoping given how recently its been making a comeback and revival since the 50s especially last year with The Meg and Rampage that giant monsters becomes the next big thing after superheroes.

D

Deleted member

I asked this a few days ago and I would like to ask this again with better phrasing, If I were interested in reading Marvel Comics where should I start?

I am mostly interested in Stories about or that involve Doctor Strange or any of the Characters that may come into the MCU later like the X-Men/Fantastic Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom