• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Thor Ragnarok was one of Marvel's best movies, IMO.

Anyone who prefers Thor or The Dark World over Ragnarok is just allergic to having a good time.
thor ragnarok sucks because it completely wasted the opportunity to do world war hulk, and subsequently, worldbreaker hulk

**** universal
**** marvel
i just want this ************ on the big screen

1556774388453.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well does anyone have a guess as to when it will end? Cause it's been going on for about 8 or so years
>4 months ago was the start of basically the D4C of Part 8
>starts with a timeskip 3 days in the future with mega spoilers
>we're 2 days until that timeskip
>we still haven't gone past the first hour

152227701948.png

fun fact, D4C took two years to finish as an entire arc. it had 15 parts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>4 months ago was the start of basically the D4C of Part 8
>starts with a timeskip 3 days in the future with mega spoilers
>we're 2 days until that timeskip
>we still haven't gone past the first hour

View attachment 214730

fun fact, D4C took two years to finish as an entire arc. it had 15 parts.
So basically no? Sounds like it will end years from now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
thats kind of the gimmick with monthly releases

or in the case of berserk, monthly releases followed by like 2 years of a hiatus because the artist just really ****ing loves them JP idols

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well guys, I did it:
D5idKJmXsAEr3Be.jpg

I got Bowser Jr., widely considered one of the worse characters in Ultimate, into Elite Smash.

And ironically, the match that got me in was against a Wolf.

I now have my top 4 characters in Elite and just as an extra measure to make sure I have a shot of staying in Elite while I don't have online, I've won at least one match with each one while in Elite.

But I ain't getting any more characters in Elite. My subscription expires Tuesday, so... this is it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
thor ragnarok sucks because it completely wasted the opportunity to do world war hulk, and subsequently, worldbreaker hulk

**** universal
**** marvel

View attachment 214729
***** tore a whole planet in half.

It's been a minute since I caught up with JoJo. Last part I remember was with an old short dude who had a Stand that looked like a house or something.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't we, like, still not even know who the main villain of Jojolion really is?
what the **** do you mean

why do people ask this

jobin's been there for the past 50 chapters

1496616008044.gif

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
what the **** do you mean

why do people ask this

jobin's been there for the past 50 chapters

View attachment 214733
I just haven't heard anyone call Jobin the "main antagonist". He's certainly one of them, but I've yet to see anyone call him the "main" one.

also i'm kinda behind on jojolion whoops

D

Deleted member

Well guys, I did it:
View attachment 214731

I got Bowser Jr., widely considered one of the worse characters in Ultimate, into Elite Smash.

And ironically, the match that got me in was against a Wolf.

I now have my top 4 characters in Elite and just as an extra measure to make sure I have a shot of staying in Elite while I don't have online, I've won at least one match with each one while in Elite.

But I ain't getting any more characters in Elite. My subscription expires Tuesday, so... this is it.
Congratulations on getting those characters in Elite! Bowser Junior especially.
Also, I am sorry that your subscription will end. I will miss fighting you.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

**** universal
**** marvel

View attachment 214729
The lack of a Mark Ruffalo led Hulk solo film is and will probably always be Marvel's most glaring missed opportunity.

Well, that and the potential they ruined by killing off Quicksilver. Thanks Joss Whedon! You ****.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The lack of a Mark Ruffalo led Hulk solo film is and will probably always be Marvel's most glaring missed opportunity.

Well, that and the potential they ruined by killing off Quicksilver. Thanks Joss Whedon! You ****.
Speedsters always gotta go first.
They are just, at a basic level, too damn broken unless you put some heavy restrictions on them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just haven't heard anyone call Jobin the "main antagonist". He's certainly one of them, but I've yet to see anyone call him the "main" one.
dude

what part of THIS

kool quote.png

WHT.png

DOESN'T SCREAM MAIN VILLAIN IF HE'S

1. GOT A MOTIVE AGAINST THE MAIN PROTAGONIST
2. IS THE ROADBLOCK PREVENTING THE MAIN PROTAGONIST FROM PROGRESSING
3. HAS THE SAME GOAL AS THE MAIN PROTAGONIST
4. IS THE COMPLETE ANTITHESIS OF THE MAIN PROTAGONIST'S BELIEFS

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

There's actually a reason there's no solo Hulk film; due to some tangling rights issues, Universal Studios would stand to make all the profit and NOT Disney; ergo, no solo Hulk movie.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I remember how people thought they were gonna bring Quicksilver back when they undid the snap, because some people said they saw his actor on Endgame's set.

dude

what part of THIS

View attachment 214737

View attachment 214738

DOESN'T SCREAM MAIN VILLAIN IF HE'S

1. GOT A MOTIVE AGAINST THE MAIN PROTAGONIST
2. IS THE ROADBLOCK PREVENTING THE MAIN PROTAGONIST FROM PROGRESSING
3. HAS THE SAME GOAL AS THE MAIN PROTAGONIST
4. IS THE COMPLETE ANTITHESIS OF THE MAIN PROTAGONIST'S BELIEFS
AiThink.png

Hmmm. Nah man, I just don't see it.

i said i was behind on jojolion and i haven't really thought about it recently, but you've made a valid point

please spare me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
***** thanos snapped away half the universe but here they are trying to fix it

if half the population isn't an issue, neither is half the planet.
That was a magic snap. Hulk phyiscally ripped a planet like a phonebook. I'm just saying World Breaker Hulk could do more damage to Thanos' ass than Ant Man.

Or they could introduce Silver Surfer and have put a Black Hole in a dude's head.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 214739

Hmmm. Nah man, I just don't see it.

i said i was behind on jojolion and i haven't really thought about it recently, but you've made a valid point

please spare me

EDIT: Ah, man. Double post.
He's the main ****ing reason the Rock Humans even attack Josuke.

How did Yotsuyu know Josuke was at the estate? Jobin hit him up.
How did Damo infiltrate the Higashikata house at the same time where Jobin and his wife and child, AKA his closest family, had a convenient vacation in another entirely different country? Jobin hit him up.
How did Poor Tom and Dolomiti get hired? Well that one's just obvious, they show you him doing it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Quicksilver has nothing on The Flash.

If he got a solo film before The Flash I would disown comic book movies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

MCU Quicksilver has nothing on the Flash.

But FOX Quicksilver?

yes yes yessss, daddy like

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's actually a reason there's no solo Hulk film; due to some tangling rights issues, Universal Studios would stand to make all the profit and NOT Disney; ergo, no solo Hulk movie.
Oh yeah, believe me, I know the why but it still ****ing sucks that such a great actor that loves this character so much is only allowed to explore it in conglomerate movies with a shared runtime with so many other characters. He's tried, and has done quite well, fleshing out Hulk and Banner as a duo and has succeeded more so than I'd ever expect in these movies but I imagine he could do SO much more with his own film.
I remember how people thought they were gonna bring Quicksilver back when they undid the snap, because some people said they saw his actor on Endgame's set.
Not gonna lie, I kind of wish they had. It would take some serious hoop jumping to explain it but if they had it would've been a bittersweet ending for Wanda. She's lost everyone but Hawkeye at this point and that's fine but seeing someone she thought she lost long ago could've been a very emotional arc for the character. Maybe they can bring him back in Wanda's Spinoff show, hopefully. Since Vision has been rumored to NOT appear in it for obvious reasons.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

**** universal
**** marvel

View attachment 214729
And trying to chase being like Guardians but failing. Oh and the forced cringey humor every five minutes turning Thor into this total buffoon cracking jokes and quips all the time and not letting emotional scenes sink in most notably Korg with Asgard's destruction.

Don't care what people says but Guardians of the Galaxy: Thor is the worst MCU film IMO.

And that's also not getting started how more they ********* him in Endgame becoming this drunktard with a fat beer belly...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And trying to chase being like Guardians but failing. Oh and the forced cringey humor every five minutes and not letting emotional scenes sink in most notably Korg with Asgard's destruction.
Guardians and Ragnarok have obviously different vibes going on. Maybe you're looking so deep that you end up making it simplified beyond belief.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Ehhhh, I dunno. Every DC character is a Mary Sue, Yami Yugi esque, can't lose at anything, type character. Flash is CERTAINLY included.

I could go without a Flash movie. But seeing the arc that Magneto finally finds his lost children when he finds Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch and tries to convince them over to his side only to have one choose him and the other choose their Avenger's Family and causing Avengers vs. X-Men to break out is something I would absolutely be day one for.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guardians and Ragnarok have obviously different vibes going on. Maybe you're looking so deep that you end up making it simplified beyond belief.
One thing I love about the Guardians films is in spite of their campy nature and tone it has a heart especially letting emotional scenes sink in such as Yondu's funeral or Star-Lord finally opening his mother's present at the end of the first film. One reason why I treasure the films.

Guardians is pretty much my Star Wars.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One thing I love about the Guardians films is in spite of their campy nature and tone it has a heart especially letting emotional scenes sink in such as Yondu's funeral or Star-Lord finally opening his mother's present at the end of the first film. One reason why I treasure the films.

Guardians is pretty much my Star Wars.
so your boner for james gunn blinds you to review everything like it's guardians?

fascinating...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I will say it again though. Shazam! is what Thor: Ragnarok should had been in terms of not taking things seriously especially in terms of humor and it worked given it was meant to be a take on Golden Age superheroes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not gonna lie, I kind of wish they had. It would take some serious hoop jumping to explain it but if they had it would've been a bittersweet ending for Wanda. She's lost everyone but Hawkeye at this point and that's fine but seeing someone she thought she lost long ago could've been a very emotional arc for the character. Maybe they can bring him back in Wanda's Spinoff show, hopefully. Since Vision has been rumored to NOT appear in it for obvious reasons.
WHY THE **** ARE THEY MAKING SPINOFF PREQUELS OF ALL THINGS

Agent Carter and stuff like that doesn't count for me. That's not a prequel, that's just filling in the gaps of the time periods we're missing out on. But all of these upcoming films and prequels coming up in a time period before the events of other films; what is possibly crucial that is missing to conlude the Infinity Saga? Everything just has damn near been cancelled at this point, and Disney+ is taking forever to even form.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
is game sonic VA even voicing movie sonic
the voice sounds a lot different
Dewey Duck is playing the role of Sonic
Bold of you to assume that I think before posting
from one **** to another...respeck
Oh yeah, and I did watch Avengers: Endgame and holy **** what a ****ing incredible, outstanding, superb, legendary movie, is all I'll say.
Doesn’t seem like you cried
Yeah it was super duper radical!

I really cried when Superman died

WAIT ****
I cried when Thanos finally found true love
Thor Ragnarok was one of Marvel's best movies, IMO.

Anyone who prefers Thor or The Dark World over Ragnarok is just allergic to having a good time.
Infinity War+Endgame
Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2/Spider-Man 3/Spider-Man Homecoming/Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Winter Soldier
Civil War
GOTG/GOTG Vol.2
Ragnarok

You is right

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I will say it again though. Shazam! is what Thor: Ragnarok should had been in terms of not taking things seriously especially in terms of humor and it worked given it was meant to be a take on Golden Age superheroes.
Yes, but Thor Ragnarok wasn't about Golden Age superheroes, so why are you trying to compare them like it does?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Shazam!, Thor: Ragnarok, and Guardians ALL are completely different movies and that's what makes them all so compelling. If Thor: Ragnarok was the way Shazam! is Shazam! wouldn't be special. Same with Thor and Guardians. They are all tonally different. If you go in expecting something to happen and it doesn't then yeah you're going to be disappointed because the director didn't have the same mind set as you.

This is the reason The Last Jedi is reviled by some. People had THEIR mindset of what SHOULD happen. Except movies are most enjoyable when they subvert expectations. When Rian Johnson did that it didn't align with ANY of the fanbases theories so people were, wrongly, upset. And still are to this day. It's not our job to make the movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom