• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think what I personally hate most about Forces is the lack of any effort whatsoever from the Dev team The stiff, lazy animations, the mediocre to sometimes bad music, Classic Sonic having some of the the worst physics of any Sonic game ever, and level design so bad that people uploaded footage of themselves making and eating a sandwich while the level completed itself in a double boost segment.

I honestly consider Forces to be one of the worst Sonic games. Only good things about it IMO is Aqua Road is the one good song and the OC creator is neat.
I could go on a long post explaining what I think make Sonic Force is a medicore/bad Sonic game, but I think for my sanity sake, I just link this video for you all to see.
Really show what Sonic Force could have been, instead of the mediocre pile of mess we got instead.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
so um
what have you guys been up to
Agonizing over two D&D characters' backstories and character traits.

I've got to play them both simultaneously and my writer's compulsions are kicking in hardcore trying to make them both compelling characters.

I have a sense of humor. But it’s hard to see it as good natured ribbing when Sonic has a reputation of poor quality and being bad. It feels like they’re just picking on it because they don’t like it, and by extension they’re making fun of everyone who likes that thing because “they like a dumb thing”.

That’s how I was bullied in elementary school. I would try to talk to other kids about the things I liked, and 9 times out of 10 they would start picking on me because “that thing is lame. You should like this other thing instead”. This is probably the reason I resent Star Wars so much. That kind of stuff just, sticks with you.
See I feel this.

I'm weird as ****. I've always been weird as ****, and I always will be weird as ****, because that's how I ****ing like it. I've had to thoroughly embrace the sacred art of not giving a **** about other people's opinions on **** I like - or of me, for that matter - to not just survive but thrive.

That's what I encourage you to do. Love what you love. Let nobody's words wound you. We're a bunch of talking heads on the internet anyway - we hold no power here.

Not sure if this is any kind of hot take or not, buuuuuut I actually think Forces' music was pretty bad.
Pretty hot take by way of my own playthrough so far, yeah.

I'm digging it honestly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Except criticizing and not supporting the franchise isn’t going to make anything better. It’s just going to kill the franchise because the studios aren’t going to see it as profitable anymore. If this keeps up, we’ll live in a world where Sonic media just doesn’t happen anymore. Because SEGA tried and nobody bit the line. That’s how studios work. Sure, sometimes you get lucky and things turn around and a brand makes a comeback, or even gets resurrected from the crypt. But how often does that actually happen. I don’t want Sonic to die. I don’t want to have to go to the plumber for my platforming fix. I don’t want to have to feed my kids to the Nintendo machine. But that’s where this is headed if people don’t stop.
Well, Sonic still makes money, including Forces, as Cutie Gwen said, so so far, Sonic is not going anywhere, not even to the grave. I do think the criticism and over hatred is mentally unhealthy and...unneeded in some aspects, depending on what the case is, but some people just won't listen, sadly enough. I tried telling fellow Sonic fans why they should be less negative, but they just won't listen. It's sad that they seem to be as if they want to be negative. It is sad.

Still, Sonic still has appeal to kids and fans. You worry too much, Snake. Plus, what osby osby said on the last page.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are you honestly suggesting that criticizing a game won't make the developers change the way they design a game? Critical reception is one of the biggest reasons game designers switch up design philosophy in any subsequent games.
Designers. Don’t. Read. Reviews.

Consumers do. Consumers use them to inform their purchase. When they see a bad review, they don’t buy it. THAT’S the data the designer sees. They see that nobody bought it. Don’t know why. Maybe people just don’t like it anymore. Then that franchise dies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Consumers do. Consumers use them to inform their purchase. When they see a bad review, they don’t buy it. THAT’S the data the designer sees. They see that nobody bought it. Don’t know why. Maybe people just don’t like it anymore. Then that franchise dies.
I am sure designers do read reviews, including Sega, or at least take criticism, otherwise, they would not have changed some aspects of future Sonic games. Plus, not everyone reads reviews, or cares for them.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I could care less about the movie tbh, I just want Mania 2. I can’t say I actually enjoyed :ultsonic: as a franchise before and since the original Mania and i’d go as far as to say it’s one of my favorite platformers period. Also Press Garden is pretty.
C306E182-D483-42FF-BD73-F86A080ADE3D.jpeg

D

Deleted member

You're conflating game designers with publishers. A game designer is going to see the poor sales, but they're also going to look at what people didn't like and try and fix it. That's how patches work. A publisher is the one who cares about sales data, but they aren't going to pull the plug on a massive long running multi media videogame series because one entry sold poorly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you know why people dont like her? She is ok to me mostly.

She sounds like an Akechi, West hates him, likes him or just are indifferent while Japan loves the boy
It seems because of a mix of her poems, her being a tsundere and having a crush on the protagonist.

I'm fine with her, too. She wasn't among my faves in P4 but the hate against her is really loud and rarely justified well.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Earthworm Jim is back!

Who’s Earthworm Jim?

D

Deleted member

My favorite Sonic OST is probably Colors. Can't think of a single song from that game I didn't like.

Oh, and I adore Sonic Adventure 1's OST. Mystic Ruin is my jam.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Course they do.

They don't read the piles of "this sucks" but they'll perk up at well-thought-out responses as long as their ego's not too big to get in the way.

Iteration and feedback are the most sure paths to improvement.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
What? Do you have a source on that? I can think of a few examples off the top of my head of game devs changing the way they design things according to reviews. The devs of Star wars battlefront straight up admitted on stage at e3 that they were changing the next game due to the overwhelming negative reception they just got.

Actually, when Rise of Lyric game out, a producer from Sega talked with a few people about why the game was so bad. Which he would only know if he read the reviews.

I mean, do you think these guys just guess what people want for their next game?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Controversial opinion, but I love Sonic Unleashed for the 360/PS3, even the Werehog. But I love the daytime stages most, as they are so fast paced and challenging, and give an adrenaline rush to me. I wish more 3D games were like the daytime stages of Unleashed.

D

Deleted member

Controversial opinion, but I love Sonic Unleashed for the 360/PS3, even the Werehog. But I love the daytime stages most, as they are so fast paced and challenging, and give an adrenaline rush to me. I wish more 3D games were like the daytime stages of Unleashed.
I've only played the Wii version of Unleashed, and it's an alright game. Both versions suffer from atrocious frame rate problems, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Couldn't agree more, it's still my favorite Sonic game. Shame it's so underrated.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Earthworm Jim is back!

Who’s Earthworm Jim?
He is an old character, a superhero who is a worm in a super suit carrying a raygun. Anyhow...

Earthworm Jim for Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've only played the Wii version of Unleashed, and it's an alright game. Both versions suffer from atrocious frame rate problems, though.
Yes, but while true, that didn't stop me from enjoying the game. Just saying.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Earthworm Jim were to join Smash, I'd say his Final Smash should be Cow Rain, where a bunch of cows rain on the sky to damage other Smashers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wii version is a significantly worse game, imo. Less content, worse Were-hog etc.

HD version does the idea behind the game a lot more justice.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Some sort of new console.
Yea-uh huh.

Tommy Tallarico said:
We are creating a console that parents want to buy, not that they were asked to buy.

Most every game being made for the home consoles these days is created with only the hardcore gamer in mind. We see a world where everyone is interested in playing at home and with friends, but this isn’t currently possible because the barrier to entry is nearly impossible for a non-gamer due to the complexity of the controllers, intricacy of gameplay, expense of the hardware and software and steep learning curve with an unbalanced fun factor for the beginner. Our goal was to create a console that both gamers and non-gamers are able to have fun with and play together. The Intellivision Amico is our answer to this gaping hole we see within the current video game industry.
So you want to make a game console for people who don't actually want to buy or use game consoles.

Cool.

Best of luck.

You dip****s.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
He is an old character, a superhero who is a worm in a super suit carrying a raygun. Anyhow...

Earthworm Jim for Smash.
I would actually love it if he made it into smash, great games and great music too
Yea-uh huh.

So you want to make a game console for people who don't actually want to buy or use game consoles.

Cool.

Best of luck.

You dip****s.
Aww so it going to be on some new console, well there goes my hype

D

Deleted member

Oh no Persona 4 Golden Marie lol

Still Not sure why people hate her but they do
I don't hate her, but her role was superfluous and didn't really answer any questions that needed to be answered. I just saw her as another social link, which Kasumi doesn't appear to be, thankfully.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Earthworm Jim is back!

Who’s Earthworm Jim?
Honestly the most worrisome part is the "entire original team." The guy who created Jim turned out to be another Notch so I certainly hope he isn't brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom