• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That is a true feeling. I would edit it to day playing Persona 5 as if it were your first runthrough, because that initial game is truly special and it is experience that you can only enjoy once, before you're playing it duplicate times.
That’s genius as ****
I want Link's first line in canon to be "well excuse me princess"

I know you want it :yoshi:
As a black man...I’d prefer to hear Link say the N word
People are recovering from Etika being in a cult
let’s not do that
Ah I needed a bad take this morning.
damn
EAB4A961-4DAB-4A3A-9A42-0A83E5E2203B.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You see what I mean.
Except that post you quoted wasn't ****ting on Sonic, it was just a crazy funny theory about what Sonic action in the trailer would actually do if you think about it hard enough, it's a joke what I'm sayin'.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know. And we hashed all this out yesterday. If the Sonic movie has to be a flop, then I’d rather you all have the mercy to at least let it die quietly out of sight and out of mind and not drag my beloved blue hedgehog through the mud.
gee whiz
how have you gone through life taking everything so seriously

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Except that post you quoted wasn't ****ting on Sonic, it was just a crazy funny theory about what Sonic action in the trailer would actually do if you think about it hard enough, it's a joke what I'm sayin'.
Can we just not. I’m tired. I don’t want to have blood grudges. They’re exhausting. Sure, I could be all “when illumination is done ruining Mario in their movie i’ll Be here to rub it in your faces and then you’ll know how it feels” but I just don’t want to. I just want people to stop talking about it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
gee whiz
how have you gone through life taking everything so seriously
I have a sense of humor. But it’s hard to see it as good natured ribbing when Sonic has a reputation of poor quality and being bad. It feels like they’re just picking on it because they don’t like it, and by extension they’re making fun of everyone who likes that thing because “they like a dumb thing”.

That’s how I was bullied in elementary school. I would try to talk to other kids about the things I liked, and 9 times out of 10 they would start picking on me because “that thing is lame. You should like this other thing instead”. This is probably the reason I resent Star Wars so much. That kind of stuff just, sticks with you.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Can we just not. I’m tired. I don’t want to have blood grudges. They’re exhausting. Sure, I could be all “when illumination is done ruining Mario in their movie i’ll Be here to rub it in your faces and then you’ll know how it feels” but I just don’t want to. I just want people to stop talking about it.
if the mario movie sucked I don't think we would take it seriously. I too, like the sonic series and have an attachment to it. But this film looks bad. The series in general is in a bad place. Sega an the Sonic series deserves and NEEDS all the ridicule they can get.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I know. And we hashed all this out yesterday. If the Sonic movie has to be a flop, then I’d rather you all have the mercy to at least let it die quietly out of sight and out of mind and not drag my beloved blue hedgehog through the mud.
SOmHIWe.png

You know your beloved blue hedgedog is just a fictional character, right? And that if bad thing happen to him you shouldn't take too seriously, right?
You can't stop peoples talking about a franchise as big as Sonic, especially when the thing that just bothered you was a joke. I understand if you don't like seeing that kind of topic, but you must go with a better view about them, or else the next days or maybe weeks are going to be really hard on you to deal with. Plus, this is Sonic we are talking about, lots of peoples are going to talk about it and make jokes about it, because Sega just done so much dirty to this franchise for years (you can't say they haven't done a bad job with Sonic when Rise of Lyric, 06 and probably other bad stuff like that exist) that now Sonic is a easy target for that kind of stuff, so if you don't want to be all grumpy all the time, please take a joke, move on and don't attach yourself too much to a fictional character, it isn't healty, trust me on that.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You see what I mean.
Think of it like this. When someone is ****ting on the Super Mario Bros Movie, you wouldn't say they're ****ting on Super Mario Bros, would you? You wouldn't say someone ****ting on Dragonball Evolution is ****ting on Dragonball. Same logic applies here. Just disassociate movie Sonic from actual Sonic and it's much easier to deal with mockery of the former.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't even plan on watching the movie but I agree that it's getting exhausting seeing Sonic constantly getting mocked and stuff.

That being said I feel VERY nostalgic about Sonic and the Black Knight. Why the **** did With Me and Will To Fight not make it in Smash? Throw What I'm Made Of in there too goddammit

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I'm watching the 3D World SGB let's play. Mother-****ing Elliot is completely going out of his way for the big points. The ******* lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I'm watching the 3D World SGB let's play. Mother-****ing Elliot is completely going out of his way for the big points. The ******* lol.
Did you see the latest part? Elliot somehow does a chainlink platforming section better than everyone else to grab a green star and he didn't even have a ****ing cat suit

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 214314
You know your beloved blue hedgedog is just a fictional character, right? And that if bad thing happen to him you shouldn't take too seriously, right?

You can't stop peoples talking about a franchise as big as Sonic, especially when the thing that just bothered you was a joke. I understand if you don't like seeing that kind of topic, but you must go with a better view about them, or else the next days or maybe weeks are going to be really hard on you to deal with. Plus, this is Sonic we are talking about, lots of peoples are going to talk about it and make jokes about it, because Sega just done so much dirty to this franchise for years (you can't say they haven't done a bad job with Sonic when Rise of Lyric, 06 and probably other bad stuff like that exist) that now Sonic is a easy target for that kind of stuff, so if you don't want to be all grumpy all the time, please take a joke, move on and don't attach yourself too much to a fictional character, it isn't healty, trust me on that.
I know what you mean.

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I mean, I am a Sonic fan, but I know Sonic is in a bad place, and you don't see me complaining about those roasting the Sonic movie. I do think that the criticism towards the Sonic series in general is over the top and full of overreacting, well, a lot of it, anyway, as a lot of Sonic games are not actually that bad. Still, it is hard to control those who pick on Sonic, if it is even possible at all. Sometimes, you just have to live with things, ya know.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Sonic's just such an easy target to dunk on. There's so much material you can chose from.

D

Deleted member

I mean...

I'd say the history at least makes it B tier.
While I'm tempted to agree...

Sales are what determine what is and isn't important to Nintendo as a company. Metroid is barely hanging on, TBH it's a miracle the series didn't go the way of F-Zero. yet

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I don't even plan on watching the movie but I agree that it's getting exhausting seeing Sonic constantly getting mocked and stuff.

That being said I feel VERY nostalgic about Sonic and the Black Knight. Why the **** did With Me and Will To Fight not make it in Smash? Throw What I'm Made Of in there too goddammit
i dont think sonic and the black knight is that bad of a game but shhh dont tell anyone

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Sonic the Black Knight is my jam, like I haven't played in forever, but I'm nostalgic as all hell about it. That, and the music rock like you said and the story is probably one of the best story Sonic ever had, or at the very least, the writting for the characters is really good.

That, and I think this game is one of the many reasons why I love character with big ass medieval armor & character using cool sword.

D

Deleted member

Did you see the latest part? Elliot somehow does a chainlink platforming section better than everyone else to grab a green star and he didn't even have a ****ing cat suit
Dude's clearly taking the initiative and zoning out the other players. The camera follows him the most because he's racing toward those stars.:laugh:

This is a pretty good let's play. Reminds me of the NSMBU let's play they did some years ago, which was one of my favorites.

D

Deleted member

Choke: Sonic is bad
Woke: Sonic games are actually good if divisive.
Bespoke: STFU AND LISTEN TO THE MUSIC

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Which is why it's so tiring. We've all heard it before yet people keep thinking it's a new, undiscovered take
I think a lot of it comes from the fact that this series is surprisingly still going and seems to not be stopping any time soon. It's a fascinating case when you consider that almost half the games in the series are poorly designed. While I think the whole "ha ha sonic sucks" joke is stale, I do think it's interesting to really take a good look at.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sonic Colors is a great game and it's a shame that people forget it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom