• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
With Pokémon, sonic, and soon mario coming to the big screen. How would you feel if in the next few years we got decent to good movies/tv shows for some big name games which eventually led to super smash bros the movie?
I think they could pull off a Majora's Mask movie off really well.
The condensed time on top of the repeated loops could really do well to imply the passage of time while also being relatively short on screentime.

Kinda like Groundhog Day, but more apocalypse-y.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me: *tries to apply to literally anything*
Staff for sure:
images (25).jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We are talking about smug here?
8f7 (1).gif

Is this smug enough?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, a gif after my own heart... I never thought I'd see the day when someone else would use a ZLS gif on this forum.
Well, I'm glad I made your day better with this gif, somewhat.:ultrichter:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
How come I went through that smug marathon without bringing up SSB64 Yoshi?

Ehh, he looks more like he's gonna say, "Hey bud, how are ya today?" instead of "I MIGHT have poopoo-peepee'd on the castle carpet, but I'll never tell~"

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Its a matter of time until The Legend of Zelda gets a live-action movie. Being Nintendo's next big franchise after Mario and Pokemon I can feel it.
I dunno about the whole Link not talking business though

I suppose they could make him talk, but that's always going to feel wrong

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you know i find it kinda funny that joker's various hunched-down gun stances in smash are nothing like the original stance in p5

1556700792322.png
1556700831082.png

it's almost like

oh

oh god

1556700877681.png

this ****post is only 75% serious

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I dunno about the whole Link not talking business though

I suppose they could make him talk, but that's always going to feel wrong
I think there are ways they could make it work if its just an adaption. No one probably would have ever thought that a live action talking Pikachu would have been a good idea and yet look how that is turning out.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You want to know part of the reason why I've been so impatient for Terraria Switch?

Because I can't flrglblrgn

I can't figure out how to defeat Expert Mode Skeletron with a trackpad.

I can't attack and jump at the same time with either the physical mouse button on my laptop or tap clicking, so if I want to do that I have to map it to another button. But I have to control the cursor with the trackpad regardless hrglblrgl

I've been trying to circumvent the issue by playing Summoner class, but Skeletron just mows me down and kills me hitting me several times in rapid succession before I can even really move

How am I supposed to eventually establish dominance over Hardmode with these kinds of issues

So I've just been

Slowly doing fishing quests

Building a hut on the beach to put all the stuff from them in

Help me

Advice, moral support, physically hauling yourself onto my Terraria map if you're active in a few hours

I'll take

Assistance

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I think there are ways they could make it work if its just an adaption. No one probably would have ever thought that a live action talking Pikachu would have been a good idea and yet look how that is turning out.
I mean it could happen, or they could find some kind of creative workaround, but the idea just doesn't sit right with me as Link is probably the quintessential silent protagonist in videogames

Because of this, I'm sure a lot of fans have wildly different ideas of what he would sound like - Link with any kind of accent would sound wrong to a lot of people and because of his lack of speech, and subsequent lack of characterisation in most Zelda entries, its difficult to imagine what he'd say too: I'd fear they'd give him really hackneyed dialogue

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean it could happen, or they could find some kind of creative workaround, but the idea just doesn't sit right with me as Link is probably the quintessential silent protagonist in videogames

Because of this, I'm sure a lot of fans have wildly different ideas of what he would sound like - Link with any kind of accent would sound wrong to a lot of people and because of his lack of speech, and subsequent lack of characterisation in most Zelda entries, its difficult to imagine what he'd say too: I'd fear they'd give him really hackneyed dialogue
I feel like I imagine him kinda the way BotW presents him in flashbacks mixed with his dialog options.

Kind of just. . .emotionally shut down from the burden of being a hero to the point that he rarely talks.

With him very rarely speaking up to say something important or be snarky. Not CDI/Zelda Cartoon snarky though, just very brief, dry responses along the lines of BotW dialog options. Not exactly mute, but extremely quiet and deadpan. He could get more chatty and cheerful after finally defeating Ganon(dorf) at the very end of the movie just to signify that with the burden lifted he's finally a little less. . .messed up emotionally. But by then there's not much room for dialog to screw up.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You want to know part of the reason why I've been so impatient for Terraria Switch?

Because I can't flrglblrgn

I can't figure out how to defeat Expert Mode Skeletron with a trackpad.

I can't attack and jump at the same time with either the physical mouse button on my laptop or tap clicking, so if I want to do that I have to map it to another button. But I have to control the cursor with the trackpad regardless hrglblrgl

I've been trying to circumvent the issue by playing Summoner class, but Skeletron just mows me down and kills me hitting me several times in rapid succession before I can even really move

How am I supposed to eventually establish dominance over Hardmode with these kinds of issues

So I've just been

Slowly doing fishing quests

Building a hut on the beach to put all the stuff from them in

Help me

Advice, moral support, physically hauling yourself onto my Terraria map if you're active in a few hours

I'll take

Assistance
Define a few hours, flrglblrgn.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I feel like I imagine him kinda the way BotW presents him in flashbacks mixed with his dialog options.

Kind of just. . .emotionally shut down from the burden of being a hero to the point that he rarely talks.

With him very rarely speaking up to say something important or be snarky. Not CDI/Zelda Cartoon snarky though, just very brief, dry responses along the lines of BotW dialog options. Not exactly mute, but extremely quiet and deadpan. He could get more chatty and cheerful after finally defeating Ganon(dorf) at the very end of the movie just to signify that with the burden lifted he's finally a little less. . .messed up emotionally. But by then there's not much room for dialog to screw up.
I guess it kind of depends on the incarnation of Link: the Hero of Time has seen some **** and all of Botw Link's friends are dead, but I'd imagine WW Link and perhaps other incarnations would be chirpier

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So I was flipping through the older Insaneintherain songs I haven't heard yet when I found something Zinith Zinith might enjoy

Theres a really good Flower Garden at about 1:50 in there

D

Deleted member

Me: *tries to apply to literally anything*
Staff for sure:
View attachment 214271
The Staff boards when I do anything:
72e0cf53-a389-4604-b643-06507f4655be.jpg

you know i find it kinda funny that joker's various hunched-down gun stances in smash are nothing like the original stance in p5

View attachment 214275View attachment 214277

it's almost like

oh

oh god

this ****post is only 75% serious
75% is enough for us to base our hopes and dreams on an awkward shooting stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom