• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, but the Sonic 06 fandub has firmly established Silver as a twink so he legally can't be a power type.

:p
I thought they estabilished him as a beta cuck but yeah, doesn't change the fact he can't be a power type.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay so why the **** did they decide to use Gangsta's Paradise in the Sonic movie trailer??
Nineties songs are in? No idea.

You'd think a more fast paced rock track would fit Sonic better, but I'm not sure if the studio particularly cares about what fits Sonic.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The Sonic trailer is getting such mixed reactions, that it's causing Detective Pikachu to trend on Twitter

Backfire much?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So what I retained from peoples reaction to my OC drawing is that peoples love thight window and navel window, right?
D2Sf_NpWwAId4wk.png

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Okay so why the **** did they decide to use Gangsta's Paradise in the Sonic movie trailer??
We're all sitting here kind of asking ourselves the same question.

I don't think it's a bad choice per se. Like:

You'd think a more fast paced rock track would fit Sonic better
This, yes, for Sonic specifically, but it doesn't remotely fit the pacing of the trailer or the narrative it's trying to get across, where Gangsta's Paradise at least meshes with that.

I think that's a failure of the trailer rather than the track though. Future trailers should be interesting.

So what I retained from peoples reaction to my OC drawing is that peoples love thight window and navel window, right?
I'm in for those sure.

But really I just kinda like the overall vibe.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nineties songs are in? No idea.

You'd think a more fast paced rock track would fit Sonic better, but I'm not sure if the studio particularly cares about what fits Sonic.
Yeah. I know just the band, too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hot take: The reason people prefer Detective Pikachu over Sonic here is because Sonic's the only one in that style whereas everything in Detective Pikachu has the style which eases everyone in said style more easily
The solution therefore is to make a dozen sonic characters in that artstyle and put them all in the movie.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We're all sitting here kind of asking ourselves the same question.

I don't think it's a bad choice per se. Like:

This, yes, for Sonic specifically, but it doesn't remotely fit the pacing of the trailer or the narrative it's trying to get across, where Gangsta's Paradise at least meshes with that.

I think that's a failure of the trailer rather than the track though. Future trailers should be interesting.

I'm in for those sure.

But really I just kinda like the overall vibe.
...alright, I know it isn't much, but thank you so much for saying this.:4jigglypuff:

Like, the fanservice and the chimera vibe for this character is here due to the fact that she is shapeshifting alien who base her current look around succubus, so if this is the reason why you guys like it, then I'm proud of myself for accomplishing my goal.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The solution therefore is to make a dozen sonic characters in that artstyle and put them all in the movie.
Dude I didn't know you worked at Sonic Team.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s not just my Pokémon bias, right?

Detective Pilachu pulled off bringing these video game characters into a realistic environment way better right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If they did that people would be ****ting on the movie significantly less. Granted this is the internet and something always has to be better or worse than something but these movies aren't competing with eachother. The movie itself looks perfectly fine.

That being said as a TRUE HARDCORE SONIC FAN I object to having Sonic electricity in his spin dash and **** cause he's always been associated with wind

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is it bad that I'm actually getting quite hyped for Detective Pikachu? ;p
No, actually... I'm super excited for it as well.

It actually already had it's it premiere, and was very well received by the people who attended

People are just comparing Detective Pikachu to Sonic in terms of potential quality. Detective Pikachu looks a film with a whole lot of love and passion given to the franchise. Now Sonic on the other hand...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It’s not just my Pokémon bias, right?

Detective Pilachu pulled off bringing these video game characters into a realistic environment way better right?
Yeah, not only design wise but the characters look like they’re physically present within their world. Sonic pretty much resembles all those awful CGI-live action cartoon adaptations from before.

MainJPW

M.T.A
That still doesn’t make sense to me, honestly I think Silver would make the most sense as a Power type.
Her Pyrokinesis amps her striking power so I don’t see why not. Plus, Silver can fly.
...y'know what.

The Sonic talk got me thinking.

View attachment 214071

Think Imma click it.
Just do it.
God speed.

Sonic Forces is hardly the worst Sonic game (you could do way, way worse than Forces, by a long shot), it's biggest failing is the short length of it's levels.
Short levels aren’t the problem, it’s the way they are designed.

Modern Sonic and the custom character's levels are nearly always linear, and branching paths are very short lived leaving a lot to be desired. They crammed in Classic, Boost and Avatar gameplay styles yet none of these features are close to being fleshed out, and particularly in the case of the boost and Classic gameplay styles, they took the already flawed gameplay of Generations and proceeded to make it worse. None of this is even hindered by the fact that the game uses the same engine as Lost World either, the fact is that they chose to have acceleration as a binary setting in Forces, they chose not to implement Sonic's drift move, they choose to have Classic Sonic control the way he does etc etc.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
No, actually... I'm super excited for it as well.

It actually already had it's it premiere, and was very well received by the people who attended

People are just comparing Detective Pikachu to Sonic in terms of potential quality. Detective Pikachu looks a film with a whole lot of love and passion given to the franchise. Now Sonic on the other hand...
Yeah, I'm not even a big Pokemon fan, and I'm still really excited for it haha.

D

Deleted member

The way he re-rated the chances of the characters...this ain’t it chief.

And steve at 100%? wut?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In other news the Sonic 06 Fan dub is hilarious.

Mephiles is the best fortnite gamer of all time.
Ah, yeah, who could forget Sonic iconic catchphrase:

"Hahahaha, One!"

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, not only design wise but the characters look like they’re physically present within their world. Sonic pretty much resembles all those awful CGI-live action cartoon adaptations from before.
Let's stop comparing the Sonic movie to Detective Pikachu and instead compare it to the real next closest thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom