• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Cops that could have easily busted right through the door and detained, but didn’t. They wanted it to be peaceful. I get your reasoning but it’s clear they weren’t overly aggressive in that video
Yeah, they wanted to be peaceful because he had the phone.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Am I REALLY seeing another person who knows nothing of mental illness or psychology suggest that this is faked today?
I just intentionally ignored them because it’s so wildly misguided it isn’t funny

It’s one thing to be a kid and not quite grasp the situation, it’s another to intentionally ignore the situation at hand in favor of conspiracy

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is so surreal to watch
Another update, he's being taken to the hospital
And this whole time I didn't realize that Etika was having a breakdown. So what even happened again?!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hinata Hinata is a wise poster who helps others.

Which means she's riddled with death flags. Hopefully I'm wrong like with All Might in My Hero Academia, but we'll see.
I'm the wise mentor who helps the protagonist learn some powerful technique, and then dies.

Too bad I don't know who the protagonist is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry, never really seen something like this before. Not sure what to say or do. Have I done something wrong?
Nah bro I think some people here forget how young you are but this is a good chance to learn to read the room a bit better and have tact- the dude legitimately had a breakdown and a lot of us are concerned by it, and it’s not the best of times to try and claim even slightly that it’s for attention

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Guys, this sounds a little too suspicious, actually. To be HONEST:

How did Etika even get crazy like this? Sure, we've seen him get crazy, but it didn't look close to this current situation. But wait one moment before you reply to this question.....

I have a theory, though. There might be something RELATED to this post with Etika.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
>Making light of mental illness.

Buzz off.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Am I REALLY seeing another person who knows nothing of mental illness or psychology suggest that this is faked today?
I'm not suggesting that it's being faked, but the things Etika was doing, they really look very similar to the symptoms of a thing called 'mania'. It's basically an mental illness, and it can have negative impact on your ability to do every day things. The signs he's showing looks really similar, and it's getting scary.

I will admit that what he is doing is unbelievable. I hope he can be cured soon. F for him

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm not suggesting that it's being faked, but the things Etika was doing, they really look very similar to the symptoms of a thing called 'mania'. It's basically an mental illness, and it can have negative impact on your ability to do every day things.
Oh.
So the language barrier (TM) this time made your post construed in the opposite way

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If it makes you feel any better, not all cops are like that.
J-Idle3.gif

Shhhhhh. Let's quit while you're ahead, okay, sweetheart? There's no need to start this sort of conversation.

D

Deleted member

Nah bro I think some people here forget how young you are but this is a good chance to learn to read the room a bit better and have tact- the dude legitimately had a breakdown and a lot of us are concerned by it, and it’s not the best of times to try and claim even slightly that it’s for attention
Ok, thanks. Sorry, I’m honestly really confused hear. I didn’t have a lot of context at first, and didn’t know this was a mental issue at first, ‘causing me to think it was a publicity stunt. I now know this is an actual mental issue and have more context. Really sorry. Hope this doesn’t make anyone feel any less of me than they already do.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Oh.
So the language barrier (TM) this time made your post construed in the opposite way
Yeah, if what I was saying made you misunderstand, I apologize for the inconvenience I've made. I was just pointing out what I just learnt from a tweet, and I'm really worried for him. I don't want to make light of him, I'm no expert in medicines but I was trying to say that the 'mania' could be the possible cause for that. emphasis on POSSIBLE. But I know that this was NOT faked, it was real and we should be genuinely concerned for him.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If it makes you feel any better, not all cops are like that.
I just got a "Not all cops" holy ****

Yes, bud. I know not all cops are like that. But there's too many that are, there's too many that get away with their crimes, there's too many who don't commit the crimes but look in the other direction when their buddies do.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not suggesting that it's being faked, but the things Etika was doing, they really look very similar to the symptoms of a thing called 'mania'. It's basically an mental illness, and it can have negative impact on your ability to do every day things.
It is a mental health condition (they're not referred to as illnesses anymore). Thank you for describing the Psychology 101 definition of a mental disorder in general.

Also, how about instead of playing armchair psychologist we just hope he gets the help he needs; it doesn't matter what he has, just that he needs help. He's human like the rest of us.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've heard people say I use my depression as an excuse, etc. and it's one of the worse feelings in the world.

Yup

I'm a hershey
Bad pick up lines for your black loved one #1

Are you a hershey? Because I wan't some kisses.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Yes, bud. I know not all cops are like that. But there's too many that are, there's too many that get away with their crimes, there's too many who don't commit the crimes but look in the other direction when their buddies do.
I said let's not start this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
as much as I love being made aflame by the mental health awareness conversation, it seems like it is branching into other, significantly more controversial yet relatively irrelevant topics relative to the subject at hand

I ain’t gonna minimod or anything cause it’s against the rules but I urge you all to be a little self aware.

D

Deleted member

What matters is that Etika is safe. Nobody would go this far for a publicity stunt. Take a look at any clip from his livestream where the swat team was called and tell me it's for publicity.

D

Deleted member

That’s the sad truth, isn’t it?

I said let's not start this.
ok ill shush now just didnt wanna look bad

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm the wise mentor who helps the protagonist learn some powerful technique, and then dies.

Too bad I don't know who the protagonist is.
We're all the protagonists of our own stories.

Except you, you're gonna die the mentor character.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, dont know who is Etika aside from him being a youtuber. But this **** is so ****ing surreal, hope he gets the help he needs.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We're all the protagonists of our own stories.

Except you, you're gonna die the mentor character.
There are worse ways to die, I suppose.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Stop this conversation. Now.

guys see i did it

i did the mod thing

character arc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, they wanted to be peaceful because he had the phone.
You can say that but can’t prove it. Is it possible yes? Did they really see the phone? Who knows. They specifically ask to see his hands as they can barely see through the crack of the door. For all they knew if they were racist he had a gun.

But yet they didn’t bust in there. Sure fans tipped them off but whose to say they knew he was streaming still.

Not to mention this looks like an apartment. Cops aren’t about to shoot you a complex and there were likely people nearby watching the cops.

Just because there are racist cops, doesn’t mean they all are. There are still videos were cops are filmed and aggressive. In the end the recording isn’t gonna change their actions if they are truly aggressive. Since we weren’t there and can’t read their minds, we will never know.

I would bet that given the video the cops weren’t about to go light him up if he dropped it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom