• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yikes.
Couldn't be a worse person to get it from.
No kidding.w
Never, EVER give a cop the benefit of the doubt when your life can be on the line. You take every single precaution necessary to make sure they don't put a bullet in you. Live streaming in front of a massive audience who can see the cops' faces is one of the best ways to ensure security.

I'm a pasty-*** Irish-Italian guy and I wouldn't give them any wiggle room to put my life in jeopardy, so I would absolutely do the same if I were an actual victim of systemic racism. I've seen firsthand what abuse of power like that did to people I know. Cops aren't your friends. Saying "not all cops" doesn't solve the issue.
My dad is a cop. Not sure how I should feel about this.

Not saying anything else.

D

Deleted member

[insert deltarune joke here]

Also, Keem has spoken on the matter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Keemstar is a bad person, do not share content from him in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Bruh

Okay maybe I’m just a liiiittle bit pissed off
My bad for saying anything at all about it lol. Just stressed between my financial issue and the passion I tend to get when people are talking about mental health

I’ll see y’all later I’m just gonna go do whatever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh

Okay maybe I’m just a liiiittle bit pissed off
My bad for saying anything at all about it lol. Just stressed between my financial issue and the passion I tend to get when people are talking about mental health

I’ll see y’all later I’m just gonna go do whatever.
Sorry. I should shut up. Get better soon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Never, EVER give a cop the benefit of the doubt when your life can be on the line. You take every single precaution necessary to make sure they don't put a bullet in you. Live streaming in front of a massive audience who can see the cops' faces is one of the best ways to ensure security.

I'm a pasty-*** Irish-Italian guy and I wouldn't give them any wiggle room to put my life in jeopardy, so I would absolutely do the same if I were an actual victim of systemic racism. I've seen firsthand what abuse of power like that did to people I know. Cops aren't your friends. Saying "not all cops" doesn't solve the issue.
I respect and understand this view but it doesn’t change anything.

So what, someone records one officer once and lives? Then the next guy comes along and doesn’t, is shot and killed. Then what?

It solves nothing by filming them. It’s not gonna change a officer’s beliefs or racism.

While sadly we need these precautions we shouldn’t have to have them. It’s a shame.

We need better screenings and law enforcement period, not cameras.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe my official sponsored hand reveal didn't get billions of likes S M H

I cant imagine what Etika fans are feeling right now.
One of the pinned posts on the subreddit is telling people to ignore Etika's tweets and that he's making up edgy **** for drama, so...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Of all the songs in Alice in Wonderland, I find this one to be the most calming yet also the craziest.

One of these days, I will listen to a live orchestrated version of it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To shift the mood a bit

Xenoblade Chronicles X got released in Japan on April 29, 2015

Happy 4th Elmaniverssary

Underrated ****ing classic, I need a port or sequel ASAP

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry. I should shut up. Get better soon.
It ain’t you and don’t treat it that way man

I don’t like being talked to in certain ways (I have my own problems) and usually I’m able to shrug it off but damn sometimes it’s just hard y’all

D

Deleted member

Well, so much for not spiralling into an unrelated cop debate.
I'm just glad Etika is in a position where he can get help right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To shift the mood a bit

Happy 4th Elmaniverssary

I predict a port announcement at E3

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't believe my official sponsored hand reveal didn't get billions of likes S M H

One of the pinned posts on the subreddit is telling people to ignore Etika's tweets and that he's making up edgy **** for drama, so...
Yup, I think it's my time to go and hope that things will have settle down when I wake up.

Hope you all the best here.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Today marks the second time I observed cops riding horses in person. Neat.

And why are there so many Scott the Woz avatars?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Guys I said stay frosty.

This is like.

Not frosty.

What in the multisplendored cornucopia of **** this is like the polar opposite of frosty.

D

Deleted member

I respect and understand this view but it doesn’t change anything.

So what, someone records one officer once and lives? Then the next guy comes along and doesn’t, is shot and killed. Then what?

It solves nothing by filming them. It’s not gonna change a officer’s beliefs or racism.

While sadly we need these precautions we shouldn’t have to have them. It’s a shame.

We need better screenings and law enforcement period, not cameras.
It's not about making cops not racist but rather protecting oneself and, if that fails, getting the face of whoever harmed you out in the open.
It's not that hard to understand.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Today marks the second time I observed cops riding horses in person. Neat.

And why are there so many Scott the Woz avatars?
Because Tots deleted his account due to personal reasons so people are honoring him with avatars of his persona

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I don’t like being talked to in certain ways (I have my own problems) and usually I’m able to shrug it off but damn sometimes it’s just hard y’all
Sorry if I contributed to that. It wasn't my intention.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
My dad is a cop. Not sure how I should feel about this.

Not saying anything else.
Plenty of cops in my family. I don't think that he meant anything by it- just that recording the incident is a good idea.

I'm not sure if that's why Etika recorded it but, you know.

D

Deleted member

1. Kinda is me. I’ve been immature and un-informed about this situation.
2. Didn’t know about your financial problems until now. Sadly, I can’t donate, but I really wish you the best of luck, man. Stay strong.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh boy... this situation is definitely one that hits home on... a lot of different levels.

To put it simply: I'm black, I have a mental disorder (not gonna specify which one), and I've watched Etika on a semi-consistent basis.

So yeah... this is pretty rough for me.

All I can say is I really hope he recovers. At least he's getting medical treatment. This is definitely not something you can take lightly.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
To shift the mood a bit

Happy 4th Elmaniverssary

Ah yes, nothing like using the Ether blossom build and spamming Ghostwalker.
Also L has the best quotes.

D

Deleted member

Plenty of cops in my family. I don't think that he meant anything by it- just that recording the incident is a good idea.

I'm not sure if that's why Etika recorded it but, you know.
Was referring to the “cops are not your friends” comment.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry if I contributed to that. It wasn't my intention.
Maaaaan I just don’t like when I’m trying to be serious and someone goes and said “nah that’s not necessary right now” like I kinda just mindlessly said something unnecessary- which I’m sure you didn’t mean at all but that’s how it comes across to me, someone who has a metric **** load of self esteem issues both internally and externally mate

I’m not upset at you my friend I’m moreso mad at myself for letting some bull**** get to me again cause I’m in a position where I can’t exactly control it

Anyway I’ll actually make good on my word now and go , feels like I’m fishing for attention just by staying here and explaining myself

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Just heard a rumor that apparently Can You Feel The Sunshine has a remix by Jun Senoue in Super Sonic Racing.
In the second half of the track, it has vocals and it's believe to be sung by Yumi Kawamura (Persona 3 Vocalist).

Also Final Fortress and Egg Reverie have remixes which might mean they are stages

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ah yes, nothing like using the Ether blossom build and spamming Ghostwalker.
Also L has the best quotes.

For me a Gravity Build was my jam, I was also going for a Photon Saber one before my file died too.

We could say "This number... has been... disconnected"

D

Deleted member

All of you saying this discussion is heated are overreacting. There have been no name-callings or insults thrown around and there are plenty of mods/admins online right now that have yet to say a thing. Constantly posting for everyone to "calm down" when no one is nervous just clogs up the thread and makes it seem like a bigger problem than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom