• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, let's not get into a cop debate. Again, what matters is that someone is having a clear mental breakdown live and we don't know what's happening to them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yo modmins what exactly is your threshold for damage control here cause ****s gonna get worse pretty dang soon what with the direction we are headed.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I owe an apology here. REALLY sorry for not being properly informed before speaking. Sorry for being immature.

You can say that but can’t prove it. Is it possible yes? Did they really see the phone? Who knows. They specifically ask to see his hands as they can barely see through the crack of the door. For all they knew if they were racist he had a gun.

But yet they didn’t bust in there. Sure fans tipped them off but whose to say they knew he was streaming still.

Not to mention this looks like an apartment. Cops aren’t about to shoot you a complex and there were likely people nearby watching the cops.

Just because there are racist cops, doesn’t mean they all are. There are still videos were cops are filmed and aggressive. In the end the recording isn’t gonna change their actions if they are truly aggressive. Since we weren’t there and can’t read their minds, we will never know.

I would bet that given the video the cops weren’t about to go light him up if he dropped it though.
Etika said something along the lines of “I’ve got nothing. Just the phone,” so they knew.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It is a mental health condition (they're not referred to as illnesses anymore). Thank you for describing the Psychology 101 definition of a mental disorder in general.

Also, how about instead of playing armchair psychologist we just hope he gets the help he needs; it doesn't matter what he has, just that he needs help. He's human like the rest of us.
Sorry. Perhaps you're right. Again, I apologize for the language barrier, but you're right in the fact that we should hope that he gets help. I'm just genuinely worried for him, so I really don't know what to do.

I'll just pray for him, and pray to our God he gets better (hopefully).

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yo modmins what exactly is your threshold for damage control here cause ****s gonna get worse pretty dang soon what with the direction we are headed.
Well, I mean, we don't always need mods to strongarm us into stopping a conversation.

I respectfully asked people to stop, and they did.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, I mean, we don't always need mods to strongarm us into stopping a conversation.

I asked people to stop also Hinata don’t you dare take all of the credit

Or pretend it worked for that matter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok, I owe an apology here. REALLY sorry for not being properly informed before speaking. Sorry for being immature.

Etika said something along the lines of “I’ve got nothing. Just the phone,” so they knew.
That’s way after they showed up though. And you can have a phone and not be recording. When the video starts they didn’t have a full view of the situation inside.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there's anything that requires a direct intervention, people act reasonable enough. Just remember not to attack other users while discussing things with them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Yeah instead the mods salaries can fund my future switch purchases because we don’t need them!
:p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
thry seem to let **** go wild before steppin in. Like a mom that steps in onl after the kid tips over a shelf in a store
There is already enough depressing **** in the world and I don't want to look into more of it. That's why I don't know anything about it.
this speaks to me which is why I stop my family from talking to me about politics in thr morning

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah instead the mods salaries can fund my future switch purchases because we don’t need them!
:p
Oh, sure, we'll give the salaries of all the mods directly to you.

Would you like your $0.00 in cash, or deposited into your Paypal?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just because there are racist cops, doesn’t mean they all are. There are still videos were cops are filmed and aggressive. In the end the recording isn’t gonna change their actions if they are truly aggressive. Since we weren’t there and can’t read their minds, we will never know.
Never, EVER give a cop the benefit of the doubt when your life can be on the line. You take every single precaution necessary to make sure they don't put a bullet in you. Live streaming in front of a massive audience who can see the cops' faces is one of the best ways to ensure security.

I'm a pasty-ass Irish-Italian guy and I wouldn't give them any wiggle room to put my life in jeopardy, so I would absolutely do the same if I were an actual victim of systemic racism. I've seen firsthand what abuse of power like that did to people I know. Cops aren't your friends. Saying "not all cops" doesn't solve the issue.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sorry. Perhaps you're right. Again, I apologize for the language barrier, but you're right in the fact that we should hope that he gets help. I'm just genuinely worried for him, so I really don't know what to do.

I'll just pray for him, and pray to our God he gets better (hopefully).
It's okay. Just next time, know what you're talking about before speaking to such a sensitive issue.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm trying to come up with words to describe what I'm feeling about this whole Etika situation, but it's freakin' late here and the words just won't come correctly.:drsad:

It's so ****ing crazy, like....man, I cant imagine what Etika fans are feeling right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think there's anything that requires a direct intervention, people act reasonable enough. Just remember not to attack other users while discussing things with them.
I’ll respectfully disagree in this case but you do you.
Also Moydow Moydow I see u liking this post
My militia will be storming the modmin palace at dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom