• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This **** is crazy. I just thought it was Etika being his usual over-hype self, and people were just goin' along with the bit. But to see something on this scale happen is unbelievable.
Apparently he made threatening tweets to trump on twitter too
Honestly, why does this surprise me? Everyone seems to like Etika until now, but I never thought he was the best guy, personally.

D

Deleted member

This is so surreal to watch
Another update, he's being taken to the hospital

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
  1. Arigarmy - Mauve
  2. Hinata - Pink
  3. Noipoi - Indigo
  4. Zinith - Fern
  5. King Sonnn DeDeDoo - Navy
  6. Iridium - Silver
  7. KarneraMythos - Violet
  8. Idon - Abyss
  9. Blargg888 - Green
  10. ShotoStar - Capri
  11. Tehponycorn - Azure
  12. Zeke the Zekenator - Red
  13. Roberk - Forest
  14. Ultomato - Orange
  15. Faygoshill - Tan
  16. Thesaurus30 - Brown
  17. JDCabrera - Sienna
  18. Smashing Ramen - Teal
  19. Praline - Magenta
  20. GothFluttershy - Lavender
  21. Shishoe - Scarlet
  22. Just a penguin - Gold
  23. Pyra - Black
  24. Staindgrey - Grey
  25. KMDP - Crimson
  26. Gentlepanda - Cyan
  27. UtopianPoyzin - Aquamarine
  28. Onereasonanddone - Yellow
  29. Swamp Sensei - Swamp
  30. Elma - Sky
  31. PsySmasher - Royal
  32. Wademan94 - Jungle
  33. Moydow - Purple
  34. Bolderousness - White
  35. Blade of Evil's Bane - Electric
  36. Osby - Robin
  37. Cyndane - Lilac
  38. GoldenYuiitusin - Goldenrod
  39. Pokechu - Cerulean
  40. Dyllybirdy - Fuschia
  41. Mythra - Ivory
  42. Xiivi - Shadow
  43. NonSpecificGod - Vermillion
  44. SonicSmasher1 - Flame
  45. PeridotGX - Lime
  46. Loz18 - Eggplant
  47. IsmaR - Sea
  48. Z25 - Sycamore
  49. SneakyLink - Amaranth
  50. Freezerburn - Olive
  51. ShinyLegendary - Blue
  52. SnakeFighter64 - Cerise
  53. SoccerStar9001 - Midnight
  54. RandomAce - Brick
  55. DevaAshera - Kelp

NOW this should be the full lineup.

Z25 you subbed in for Cyndane's clone, good job.
Hype, running it right now! (But you all won't know because I need to upload it ;P

D

Deleted member

Honestly, why does this surprise me? Everyone seems to like Etika until now, but I never thought he was the best guy, personally.
I don't think morality has anything to do with whether or not you have mental breakdowns

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait, what?

I thought he was just trying to ‘cause trouble? Is he ok?
No, he's not. He was in the middle of a genuine mental breakdown, and had to be restrained on his way to the hospital.

They're talking about putting him in a mental institution.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly not liking these Etika memes as the guy's clearly troubled. It's like your making fun of him for it
This seems very general. Plenty of people aren't making memes about it.

Apparently the entirety of Downtown Brooklyn has been shut down due to Etika. On his stream he was talking about a revolution, and started screaming joycon boys while being detained.
This has escalated incredibly fast.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My dudes I don’t really watching Etika’s stuff either but no way in hell am I gonna appreciate anyone seeing this and genuinely thinking its some publicity stunt

Dude needs help, and is getting it, and I wish the best for him

D

Deleted member

No dude he’s currently being taken to a hospital
No, he's not. He was in the middle of a genuine mental breakdown, and had to be restrained on his way to the hospital.

They're talking about putting him in a mental institution.
Goodness, I really hope he’s ok. Sorry if I seem rude here. I should’ve asked for more context.

Goodness, it really is.

Also, why are people cheering for him, and why didn’t he put the phone down?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Realest ****ing talk: this just keeps getting ****en sad
Last year Etika was reaching new heights with his content and was actually finishing games.

Sometimes being the entretainer causes you to forget your own well being; it happens to many comedians and performers and most of the time we are never aware of the inner struggles behind the funny antics until it is too late.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
On a lighter note, I've been requesting a song every Saturday at my local classic rock station on Twitter. They have "all request Saturdays" from 7PM to Midnight. A lot of the songs played are rarely played on the station otherwise.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Why he was showing this live is beyond me.

My dudes I don’t really watching Etika’s stuff either but no way in hell am I gonna appreciate anyone seeing this and genuinely thinking its some publicity stunt

I'm not a viewer of his, so I don't really have an opinion on him, but I hope this goes well for him.

D

Deleted member

I never watched Etika's stuff before, but I wish the best for him either way, and he gets the proper help he needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also, why are people cheering for him, and why didn’t he put the phone down?
because an unfortunately high number of people don't treat a guy having a live-recorded mental breakdown as anything more than entertainment

D

Deleted member

I do really want help for him too, and I hope everything turns out ok, but I’m a bad confused as to why he seemed mentally stable when they came in, and kept recording.
Last year Etika was reaching new heights with his content and was actually finishing games.

Sometimes being the entretainer causes you to forget your own well being; it happens to many comedians and performers and most of the time we are never aware of the inner struggles behind the funny antics until it is too late.
Same here.
Guy's gonna need to accept the help they try to give him.
I really hope so.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Guys, this sounds a little too suspicious, actually. To be HONEST:

How did Etika even get crazy like this? Sure, we've seen him get crazy, but it didn't look close to this current situation. But wait one moment before you reply to this question.....

I have a theory, though. There might be something RELATED to this post with Etika.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

the fact "joycon bots" was yelled makes me 100% sure its his job causing him to have these major breakdowns. Getting overloaded and all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

because an unfortunately high number of people don't treat a guy having a live-recorded mental breakdown as anything more than entertainment
Hopefully they thought this was a publicity stunt. I mean, in one of those videos he was smiling at the people cheering him on.

D

Deleted member

He's a black man living in the US. These are cops. Pretty cut and dry.
I know that, just streaming the whole deal comes off as a bit attention grabbing to me, especially if he was as scared as he said he was, but I think his mental health is more important.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cops that could have easily busted right through the door and detained, but didn’t. They wanted it to be peaceful. I get your reasoning but it’s clear they weren’t overly aggressive in that video

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At this point it boils down to probably him thinking: "As long as I have a reaction from my audience it will be fine" that's why he even looked cheerful when arrested.

So yeah, hopefully the isolation from media and some treatment will help him to find the real Desmond he left behind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know that, just streaming the whole deal comes off as a bit attention grabbing to me, especially if he was as scared as he said he was, but I think his mental health is more important.
Jesus Christ where do I begin with this...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
He's having a breakdown and acting irrationally, I doubt he put much thought towards why he was streaming

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At this point it boils down to probably him thinking: "As long as I have a reaction from my audience it will be fine" that's why he even looked cheerful when arrested.

So yeah, hopefully the isolation from media and some treatment will help him to find the real Desmond he left behind.
Yeah probably
Poor dude :/

D

Deleted member

I think his job definitely had an impact on his mental health, but there's only so much you can gleam from behind a screen. We don't know what events have been leading up to this or how long Etika's been suffering. Although I can't imagine constantly having to act excited and energetic to thousands did anything to help.

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ where do I begin with this...
Sorry, never really seen something like this before. Not sure what to say or do. Have I done something wrong?
He's having a breakdown and acting irrationally, I doubt he put much thought towards why he was streaming
Makes sense. (Him not thinking irrationally due to the mental issue, that is.)

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Whenever this type of thing happens it feels to be mostly black people. Why that is is beyond me.

Guys, this sounds a little too suspicious, actually. To be HONEST:

How did Etika even get crazy like this? Sure, we've seen him get crazy, but it didn't look close to this current situation. But wait one moment before you reply to this question.....

I have a theory, though. There might be something RELATED to this post with Etika.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
1556570792945.png

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We lost Faygo (in hell for a week) and we lost Tots

Who is next?

Send in your votes now!
Hinata Hinata is a wise poster who helps others.

Which means she's riddled with death flags. Hopefully I'm wrong like with All Might in My Hero Academia, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom