• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A bit late to the debate, but I don't really think there's an obvious answer as to what icon would be given to Geno.

Yeah, he's a Mario character through and through, but he's not really a long-time recurring character, especially when compared to the current cast. Plus, his only appearances have been in spin-offs; he's never been in any of the mainstream Super Mario games. Sakurai could get away with giving him a Super Mushroom icon, but I really think a unique icon would be a better fit.

And for those of you who are already typing a response before you even finished reading this post, I'd like to point out that I'd do the same for Paper Mario too.
Puh-REACH! Agree 100% on both counts.

Also Luigi should be classified as a Luigi’s Mansion Character.

D

Deleted member

Also
Gonna be honest, I can't hear King Bowser at all. It still sounds like "So long gay Bowser"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also
Gonna be honest, I can't hear King Bowser at all. It still sounds like "So long gay Bowser"
I mean it COULD have been compressed too badly for the N64 I guess but nah I cannot for the life of me hear it

Also to all the people suggesting Geno is somehow special enough to warrant a unique icon despite all Mario spinoffs having the same icon, what would it be?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well I'm gonna be seeing Endgame in a few hours. Might as well post my predictions here for what I think will happen (no actual spoilers just my predictions):

• Captain America, Thanos, and War Machine are going to die. Cap because this is Chris Evans' last film, Thanos because I can't see them letting him live after all of this, and War Machine because I feel at least one other Avenger will die to raise the stakes. All of the other currently alive Avengers will live.
  • Nebula will probably get the infinity gauntlet but will use it for good, since IIRC she does obtain it at one point in the comic storyline that Infinity War is mainly based off of).
  • Snap victims are obviously coming back though they'll probably undo the actual snap itself since so many people died through other causes due to the snap (plane crashes for instance).
  • Everyone that died before the snap (such as Loki and Gamora) are still dead.
  • Iron Man will survive and will permanently retire to live with Pepper.

Here's hoping this finale lives up to the hype.

D

Deleted member

I mean it COULD have been compressed too badly for the N64 I guess but nah I cannot for the life of me hear it

Also to all the people suggesting Geno is somehow special enough to warrant a unique icon despite all Mario spinoffs having the same icon, what would it be?
What if it was the seven stars? Like all of them scattered around for his icon. Or maybe the wind up pattern on his hat.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
this is also still assuming that geno wasn't dead the moment his spirit was revealed

D

Deleted member

this is also still assuming that geno wasn't dead the moment his spirit was revealed
Geno didn't die from his spirit. It was really the Square DLC speculation that killed him... for now at least. Don't think he'll stay dead come Smash 6 or a potential Season 2.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why are we talking about Geno's potential universe icon?

We all know Erdrick is gonna be the Square Enix rep, so why bother?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

this is also still assuming that the image of my dream crossover, the thing that brought on this argument in the first place, was a hypothetical Smash thing
Spoiler Alert: it wasn't

D

Deleted member

Darn it! I guess there's no way to argue with that! Once you're labeled as something, there's no switching over!

...Oh wait.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this guy classified as a Super Mario character at one point?

Warioware, which is what Wario is ultimately based off of, didn't come out until after Melee.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

If he did for some reason get his own icon, the only things I can think of are maybe Exor, or the Star Road?

D

Deleted member

Why are we talking about Geno's potential universe icon?

We all know Erdrick is gonna be the Square rep, so why bother?
"bro why speculate and come up with hypotheticals just keep talking about Erdrick"
Sometimes it's fun to talk about things that aren't likely.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I decided for my next HG sim, it will be a 24 tribute affair.

Only rule is: I got something special planned for Gentlepanda Gentlepanda and Moydow Moydow so don’t request them please?

Other than that, it will be a simple game probably occurring tomorrow night.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Geno didn't die from his spirit. It was really the Square DLC speculation that killed him... for now at least. Don't think he'll stay dead come Smash 6 or a potential Season 2.

Geno's best shot was Ultimate, AKA the game that put a heavy emphasis on choosing popular, highly-requested newcomers over relevancy.

He'll always have a chance, but I don't think his odds of getting added are noticeably better in the next game. Even after Sakurai himself commented on his popularity, he still skipped him over PP. I think that's a testament to how much Sakurai is thinking of the silent majority when he chooses characters, especially those from popular franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom