• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

this is also still assuming that geno wasn't dead the moment his spirit was revealed
Yeah I really like my dude Geno to the point that he's my most wanted character but there's no way he's getting in, Not this round at least.

But to get into the argument I could see it both ways, Geno is a Mario Character but at the same time he's a Third Party Mario Character so Square might push for Geno to get his own Icon and in that case I think it would be Exor or The Star Road, Probably Exor.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Warioware, which is what Wario is ultimately based off of, didn't come out until after Melee.
But Wario Land had existed long before then. While we have no way of knowing for sure, you could just as easily argue that Sakurai could've added Wario in Melee, based his moveset off of the Wario Land series (which would actually be considerably easier than WarioWare), and still used a "W" as his icon instead of a Super Mushroom.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey, **** off. Mental issues already get stigmatized plenty due to how people don't understand them which is how PTSD has turned into a joke because of haha funny meme. I highly doubt some ****ty Scot The Woz fanboy knows enough about mental illness or psychology to properly diagnose someone they've never met or talked to
While in agreement with you in terms of the stigmas against mental illness, you’ll get more accomplished with honey than vinegar!

If they don’t know enough about it, educate them! Kill em with kindness more than anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While in agreement with you in terms of the stigmas against mental illness, you’ll get more accomplished with honey than vinegar!

If they don’t know enough about it, educate them! Kill em with kindness more than anything.
Again, I recognize the behavioural patterns Etika is displaying and it reminds me of my all-time lows. I'd agree if it's mere ignorance but the wording is incredibly malicious, not going to respect that at all

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pretty sure its "So long-a Bowser" You know, the thing people do with italian accents by adding -a at the end of words
That’s what I hear too but Y’know, the internet exists and misinterpretation can run wild.

Just like those flower pots in Banjo-Kazooie where they say “thank you” but lots of others hear something else...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Again, I recognize the behavioural patterns Etika is displaying and it reminds me of my all-time lows. I'd agree if it's mere ignorance but the wording is incredibly malicious, not going to respect that at all
Pretty much. He was implying he was doing it as a publicity stunt for money. For attention seeking.

The lowest you can go on someone with mental health issues.

D

Deleted member

Geno's best shot was Ultimate, AKA the game that put a heavy emphasis on choosing popular, highly-requested newcomers over relevancy.

He'll always have a chance, but I don't think his odds of getting added are noticeably better in the next game. Even after Sakurai himself commented on his popularity, he still skipped him over PP. I think that's a testament to how much Sakurai is thinking of the silent majority when he chooses characters, especially those from popular franchises.
You're putting off his chances too quickly. One, the potential for a Season 2 chosen by Sakurai is always real, so popular fan demand is still at play if it comes to it. Two, how do you know how Smash 6's newcomers will be decided or how it will be made?

But Wario Land had existed long before then. While we have no way of knowing for sure, you could just as easily argue that Sakurai could've added Wario in Melee, based his moveset off of the Wario Land series (which would actually be considerably easier than WarioWare), and still used a "W" as his icon instead of a Super Mushroom.
Here's my counterargument.

Can't really be too sure what would have happened if Wario was added to Melee because... he wasn't. This whole symbol thing is probably not worth me debating though, so I'm gonna walk out on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Plot twist:

The World Ends With You has an item called BRAVE+ as well as a Bravery stat

Brave is Neku Sakuraba pack it up y’all

I wish... :crying:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So, uh.

While I'm waiting here for my sandwich.

8oxkvyr0iok11.jpg

Anyone find the easter eggs in my messages today, or those just whiff?

Experimentation does no good without data and all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I honestly do think Etika is mentally ill, and I seriously wish he stayed in the hospital longer. He needs help but refuses to acknowledge it. He's acting like his behavior was just some joke when it's known that he was having a serious mental breakdown at the time, which makes it clear to me that he believes he's fine and can stop whenever he wants when that's not the case. He needs a serious intervention, he's acting relatively normal on Twitter now but I know he'll act out again. I'm legitimately worried he'll cut off whatever social contact he has left and sink into a depression that he can't climb out of.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I've been wanting to do a Hunger Games simulation round with custom text.

The catch is this time, the tributes will be potential DLC candidates, and it'll play out like a cycle of Smash speculation, with potential evidence and deconfimrations and the like...

I won't be taking any tributes just yet, but I do need some suggestions for some custom text, so if y'all have any, please tell me. The game probably won't start until either tomorrow or sometime later this week, so y'all got some time

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Regarding multiple topics:

- I swear it's 'so long-a ('longeh') Bowser' much like 'it's a me, Mario'
- Wario's icon in Smash should've been the WarioWare bomb (because it'd look better than a boring W and might as well be the icon given the lack of Land representation)
- If any Mario spinoff got its own icon, it'd definitely be Mario Kart which even gets its own music menu

D

Deleted member

I though they were trying to say "So long, 'ay Bowser?" but the g makes its sound like gay.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I honestly do think Etika is mentally ill, and I seriously wish he stayed in the hospital longer. He needs help but refuses to acknowledge it. He's acting like his behavior was just some joke when it's known that he was having a serious mental breakdown at the time, which makes it clear to me that he believes he's fine and can stop whenever he wants when that's not the case. He needs a serious intervention, he's acting relatively normal on Twitter now but I know he'll act out again. I'm legitimately worried he'll cut off whatever social contact he has left and sink into a depression that he can't climb out of.
I just checked his twitter. I take back that he's acting relatively normal.

I'm depressed honestly. It's a shame what mental illness is doing to him and his platform, he really was building something. I don't think he can ever bounce back from this on social media, but I hope he can get help and rehabilitation regardless. I honestly feel sympathetic, he's probably really lonely right now.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Speaking of icons, any that you'd change?

Honestly I think they all do a great job at capturing the essence of the series they represent, but if I had to pick one it would be F-Zero. The current one makes it all about Falcon when there's more to it. I'd make it a F-Zero machine or the F-Zero logo condensed to fill the role.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In other news, there's a Minecraft anniversary event and Mojang and Microsoft are announcing the creator won't be allowed to come because of 'comments and opinions'. How bad must those have been if they're so bad to the point they won't let Hatsune Miku show up?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Regarding multiple topics:

- I swear it's 'so long-a ('longeh') Bowser' much like 'it's a me, Mario'
- Wario's icon in Smash should've been the WarioWare bomb (because it'd look better than a boring W and might as well be the icon given the lack of Land representation)
- If any Mario spinoff got its own icon, it'd definitely be Mario Kart which even gets its own music menu
Not gonna lie, Mario kart not having it's own symbol is something that always bugged me

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Honestly I think they all do a great job at capturing the essence of the series they represent, but if I had to pick one it would be F-Zero. The current one makes it all about Falcon when there's more to it. I'd make it a F-Zero machine or the F-Zero logo condensed to fill the role.
I'd personally change Mega Man's tbh.

I understand cogs are used to represent the series in Japan, but still, it feels kinda weird. I would've gone for something like an E-Tank or just Mega Man's head

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Fire Emblem would get a different icon. Maybe that would be enough for Sakurai to take a hint and look at other non-sword FE characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wario's icon bugs me, it's so generic. I'd change it to the Wario Bomb or just a bag of treasure to represent the character as a whole.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I would personally change Megaman, Fire Emblem's and Cloud's logos.

The cog just feels kind of boring and I feel like it should have been Megaman's head, you know the extra life item.

In fire Emblem's case wouldn't it make more sense for the symbol to be you know... The fire emblem?

As for cloud, since he only represents FF7 wouldn't the meteor make more sense as his symbol?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Super Smash Bros x PlayStation All-Stars

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. King K. Rool
  10. Link
  11. Princess Zelda
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Samus Aran
  14. Ridley
  15. Kirby
  16. Meta-Knight
  17. King Dedede
  18. Fox McCloud
  19. Pikachu
  20. Mewtwo
  21. Pokemon Trainer
  22. Captain Falcon
  23. Ness
  24. Ice Climbers
  25. Marth
  26. Mr. Game & Watch
  27. Pit
  28. Palutena
  29. R.O.B.
  30. Isabelle
  31. Wii Fit Trainer
  32. Little Mac
  33. Chorus Kids
  34. Sonic the Hedgehog
  35. Bayonetta
  36. Pac-Man
  37. Mega Man
  38. Ryu
  39. Solid Snake
  40. Simon Belmont
  41. Terra Branford
  42. Erdrick
  43. Captain Olimar (DLC)
  44. Duck Hunt (DLC)
  45. Shulk (DLC)
  46. Inkling (DLC)
  47. Spring Man (DLC)
  48. Euden (DLC)
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Kratos
  4. Atreus
  5. Zeus
  6. Parappa the Rapper
  7. Ratchet and Clank
  8. Captain Qwark
  9. Dr. Nefarious
  10. Jak and Daxter
  11. Keira Hagai
  12. Baron Praxis
  13. Sweet Tooth
  14. Calypso
  15. Fat Princess
  16. Nathan Drake
  17. Cole MacGrath
  18. Sackboy
  19. Sir Daniel Fortesque
  20. Zarok
  21. Spike
  22. Specter
  23. Sly Cooper
  24. Toro Inoue
  25. Aloy
  26. Lady Maria
  27. Sofia de la Rente
  28. Joel and Ellie
  29. Q*Bert
  30. Robbit
  31. Dart Feld
  32. Abe
  33. Big Daddy
  34. Isaac Clarke
  35. Joker
  36. Heihachi Mishima
  37. Dante
  38. Jill Valentine
  39. Raiden
  40. Alucard
  41. Cloud Strife
  42. Lara Croft
  43. Colonel Radec (DLC)
  44. Nariko (DLC)
  45. Kat and Dusty (DLC)
  46. Rudy Roughknight (DLC)
  47. Knack (DLC)
  48. Wander (DLC)
I just don't get why Fire Emblem, a soon-to-be-sixteen-game series (not counting spin offs) with consistent releases and a massive cast to pull from, has less characters than Kid Icarus, a three game series with inconsistent releases and a comparatively small cast.

It just seems really disproportionate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom