• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of opossums, I actually saw one for the first time while walking home from work today. Didn't know they lived in the city in CA. I would have taken a picture but I didn't know how my longer my phone battery was going to last and I didn't want to look like a weirdo photographing a roadside pest.

They're a lot bigger then I pictured in my head. For some reason I think I was subconciously comparing them to the size of the kangaroo rats I always saw back in AZ. Opossoms are funny looking creatures with their white heads and pink noses, but those teeth are also kind of scary in person.

I then spent part of my trip home thinking about Merric. I've begun to associate Opossum Opossum s with him for some inexplicable reason.

That also makes one opossum and two peregrine falcons that I've seen so far since moving to California.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When possums are named after opossums but opossums aren't possums.
:ghost088:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So just learned the differences between a possum and an opossum

Learn summat new every day

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh there's a human back here somewhere.

But I know fully about and do nothing to dispel the cited illusion.
Using the spellforce of the internet to channel the light and dark powers of parallel realities is a far better investment of resources than the ridiculous stuff some people use it for like anonymously being a jerk.

A furball with sunglasses and the voice of Ryan Reynolds working odd hours in urban Kentucky and playing D&D on his time off is infinitely top tier.

Come to think of it I should really work harder to project the aura of a pubescent squid passive aggressively eating cinnamon sugar coated soft pretzels at a shop with an Amish man for a logo quaintly plugged into the front wall of a Wal-Mart.

There is no freshness here and I must gargle.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
spend long enough on any forum and you'll start associating a person with their avatar to the point of subconsciously forgetting there's a real person with a unique appearance behind it

it's why i just assume redfeatherraven redfeatherraven is an actual pikachu who learned to type
Wait, you're not saying....

are you? :yoshi:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The humanoid animal creatures actually being described as such, and NOT regular humans with animal bits attached on their heads and butts.
I can't tell whether or not that has to due with the rise of demi-humans in anime or the unfortunate association of anthropomorphic animals to furries :yoshi:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
spend long enough on any forum and you'll start associating a person with their avatar to the point of subconsciously forgetting there's a real person with a unique appearance behind it

it's why i just assume redfeatherraven redfeatherraven is an actual pikachu who learned to type
Because as we all know, half of all life is anime-girls
*Sweats nervously, hoping Noone finds out about our advanced Giraffe civilisation*

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Because as we all know, half of all life is anime-girls
*Sweats nervously, hoping Noone finds out about our advanced Giraffe civilisation*
the land of giraffes have kept their necks out of human affairs for thousands of years

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking of that, who else wants Donkey Kong Jr., and Cranky Kong to be in the next Smash as playables?
Jr's give or take, but I'd be glad to see Cranky in there.

So, tell me.

Has the amount of 2B supporters grown in my absence?
I have been rejuvenated. REJUVENATED! REJUVENATED!

Joker is temporary. Yoko Taro is permanent. If you're reading this why are you using something other than the default theme? No offense. Or did you highlight my text? Ignore this part.
Long time no see, Nine, how's life treating ya?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Arigarmy - Mauve
Hinata - Pink
Noipoi - Indigo
Zinith - Fern
King Sonnn DeDeDoo - Navy
Iridium - Silver
KarneraMythos - Violet
Idon - Abyss
Blargg888 - Green
ShotoStar - Capri
Tehponycorn - Azure
Zeke the Zekenator - Red
Roberk - Forest
Ultomato - Orange
Faygoshill - Tan
Thesaurus30 - Brown
JDCabrera - Sienna
Smashing Ramen - Teal
Praline - Magenta
GothFluttershy - Lavender
Shishoe - Scarlet
Just a penguin - Gold
Pyra - Black
Staindgrey - Grey
KMDP - Crimson
Gentlepanda - Cyan
UtopianPoyzin - Aquamarine
Onereasonanddone - Yellow
Swamp Sensei - Swamp
Elma - Sky
PsySmasher - Royal
Wademan94 - Jungle
Moydow - Purple
Bolderousness - White
Blade of Evil's Bane - Electric
Osby - Robin
Cyndane - Lilac
GoldenYuiitusin - Goldenrod
Pokechu - Cerulean
Dyllybirdy - Fuschia
Mythra - Ivory
Xiivi - Shadow
NonSpecificGod - Vermillion
SonicSmasher1 - Flame
PeridotGX - Lime
Loz18 - Eggplant

PeridotGX PeridotGX Who is @Cool Typhlosion?
probably too late, but just an old user I like to meme about.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
A furball with sunglasses and the voice of Ryan Reynolds working odd hours in urban Kentucky and playing D&D on his time off is infinitely top tier.
****, I wish I had Ryan Reynolds' voice.

Will say though. I definitely agree with you that it's better than using my relative anonymity to be an arse, but...very, very rarely, I'm not gonna lie, being behind the mask, so to speak, does get at me. Sometimes I wish I could be taken as me, though I kinda backpedal as soon as I consider all of what "me" entails.

...y'know I could swear that kinda sounds like something but I can't place -
74606bdcc90dc4e7dec144d0091ef37f.png

Oh ****.

D

Deleted member

As someone who's learned a lot about resumes and portfolios, I feel like I can comment at least a little bit on this. Here are some thoughts of mine:
  • You should put your full name on your portfolio. This is something you're sending to companies in the hopes of gaining work, and if they don't even know your full name that's a problem.
  • Also, you might want a headshot of yourself so potential employers know what you look like. I don't know how VA portfolios specifically should look, but general acting portfolios require a headshot so I don't see why this would be any different.
  • You say you're a voice actor in your profile, and of course you're a voice actor. That's why you have a portfolio. It's redundant.
  • You mention you're working with a lot of professional people without naming any of them. When you make statements like that you need to back them up properly.
  • I like the list of clients. I'd expand on that and say what projects you're working on/have worked on with them.
    • With that, I would separate fan work from professional work. All of your fan work is great, but it pales in comparison to any professional work you have.
  • You're on the right track with the recommendations section, but you're likely going to want to change that out for references. You can make up recommendations, but providing references potential employers can go to for information about you is something you can't really make up.
  • I'd remove your Reddit from the contact section unless it's work specific. Your email and discord is enough.
    • More than that, I'd think about maybe getting a professional email for stuff like this.
  • I can't really speak to the voices section, but maybe merge that with the clients section, and instead of saying "voices," use "roles" as it'll sound more professional.
  • Ditch the wix site in favor of a Microsoft Word or Google Drive Document. Again, it's more professional.
For someone your age to have such a large resume is impressive, and for a first resume/portfolio it's not bad, but it could definitely use some improvements. I'd recommend looking up professional VA portfolio examples and basing your's off of that though.
Thanks so much for the advice. It means a lot to me, and I’ll definitely be taking your advice here.

Also, as for tge fan projects, I’m really trying to get out there and not do fan projects, but it’s hard, I admit. xD (Fan projects are still fun, however.) I’ve been working with some game devs with some voice acting. A game recently came out where I do this guy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Soo... are you trying to say that is what he is selling? Hugs? Now I wish there really was a business like that... ;p
Why would I pay for hugs when my cats can give me free hugs? I only need to be okay with them clawing my eyes out.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thanks so much for the advice. It means a lot to me, and I’ll definitely be taking your advice here.

Also, as for tge fan projects, I’m really trying to get out there and not do fan projects, but it’s hard, I admit. xD (Fan projects are still fun, however.) I’ve been working with some game devs with some voice acting. A game recently came out where I do this guy.

Can I call him “Bad touch man”?
Why would I pay for hugs when my cats can give me free hugs? I only need to be okay with them clawing my eyes out.
Cats give the best hugs, man.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it I should really work harder to project the aura of a pubescent squid passive aggressively eating cinnamon sugar coated soft pretzels at a shop with an Amish man for a logo quaintly plugged into the front wall of a Wal-Mart.
excuse me WHAT

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Somehow, I can't help but think he'd be responding to e-mails asking about how he can type with big, attached fingers.
*Flashbacks to Strong Bad emails.

Typing is rarely a problem for fictional characters, even when they basically have boxing gloves for hands.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So I saw we were talking German Club Nintendo earlier. Which thing do you guys wanna see, the Halloween special where Mario meets Michael Myers, or the Detective Kirby comic with actual murder taking place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom