• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, how does one get kidney stones, anyway?
It can sometimes just happen, but diets that consist of a larger than normal intake of sodium and calcium are a big reason from what I'm told.

I'm doing things to help make it...err, "pass" easier right now. Constantly drinking fluids, half a cup of lemon water or more everyday, drinking apple cider vinegar, that kind of stuff.

I appreciate all the get well soon messages from people on here BTW; those coupled with the support I'm getting from family is making this easier to deal with, and I appreciate it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It can sometimes just happen, but diets that consist of a larger than normal intake of sodium and calcium are a big reason from what I'm told.

I'm doing things to help make it...err, "pass" easier right now. Constantly drinking fluids, half a cup of lemon water or more everyday, drinking apple cider vinegar, that kind of stuff.

I appreciate all the get well soon messages from people on here BTW; those coupled with the support I'm getting from family is making this easier to deal with, and I appreciate it. :)
Good luck with getting past this whole thing, then. You'll need it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Game night's one-shot DM was my cousin, a high school madlad. How mad a lad? He provided our side-story characters the opportunity to draw from what was for all intents and purposes a Deck of Many Things.

I drew a Knight.

Then he let the new fighter draw (the madlad!) and lo and behold she pulls a Sun.

So my morning has been spent building a sturdy Tabaxi and explaining the heaps and heaps of handwavium that just appeared.

It's been a fun exercise, so I'm sharing it.

Jewel of the Mountain (Jewel)
5'4"
115 lbs

Stats at Level 1
-------
15 - STR
10 - DEX (+2)
14 - CON
8 - INT
12 - WIS
13 - CHA (+1)

A member of the Roaring Mountains clan, and daughter of Brash Peak, a famed mercenary captain of such towering stature and strength that he is known to most as simply "the Mountain." As the name suggests, Jewel is his pride and joy.

Jewel dreams of one day taking up leadership of her father's company - the Titan Brigade - and she certainly takes to the trade. But her father understands all too well that despite her training and talent, she knows little of the world, and her lack of field experience is liable to put her in serious danger.

-- Meeting River --

One of the Titan Brigade's more recent contracts was defense of a capital city under siege from a ruthless and powerful coalition of bandits.

Their leader styled himself a warlord bent on conquest, and after uniting multiple clans under his command, he began taking over towns and cutting off supply lines, making his way to the heart of the kingdom. He and his clan were acknowledged as a potential threat to the crown itself and no expense was spared against it.

Tactically, the crown understood that the bandit warlord kept his alliance loyal largely through a cult of personality - and, to discourage any potential assassination from his inner circle, he had made it very clear that rule was his and his alone. They surmised that if he was removed the alliance would revert back into smaller, more manageable bandit clans. In order to accomplish this, they set a hefty bounty on the warlord.

River, as fortune would have it, was passing through the area at the time. She leapt at the chance and accepted the contract.

Unfortunately the warlord caught wind of this bounty as well. Partly fearful and partly enraged, he immediately set his forces to march on the capital city. In the dead of night they circled the walls and put the surrounding forests to the torch, the warlord intending to raze the city to the foundations in a display of strength against anyone who would dare oppose his future rule.

The crownsguard, panicking, hired every mercenary company in the area to defend the city. The Titan Brigade was the first to be contacted, and the Mountain and his men successfully held the line at the front gates, saving many lives, but the main path into the city bore the lion's share of the assault and guarding it strained the company to their limits.

River, meanwhile, managed to locate the warlord's camp. As many of the clans under his control operated only when their own leaders ordered it and led them, and the camp needed to be mobile enough to command the front, he had retained only a handful of his handpicked guards for security. It was a risk, and he knew it, but he considered it acceptable to the ends.

He expected at worst some contingent of crownsguard or rag-tag band of adventurers to attempt an assault and be promptly repelled by his powerful guards. He did not expect a very speedy cat exceptionally proficient in stealth to claw through the back of his tent and quickly incapacitate him with stunning strikes and a well-placed Iron Bands of Bilarro.

By the time his guards noticed his absence, River was already sprinting away, carrying his unconscious form through the darkened forest - and their search came too little, too late. River dashed through a secured route through the front lines and delivered her bounty.

The crownsguard promptly executed the warlord for treason, mounted his head on a pike, and marched what was left of him to the front walls of the city. Witnessing their leader's visage held above the city gate - and the rest of the remains, battered and charred to prevent any hope of resurrection, unceremoniously dumped out of it - the bandits' morale was broken and the city's defenders were able to to turn them back entirely.

The Titan Brigade, heavily battered and with several casualties - though thankfully not their healer - nevertheless was able to lead the rout against the shattered alliance. The Mountain attributed the change in the battle's tide entirely to the timely removal of the warlord, and it wasn't long after that he learned of the monk responsible.

River, being River, accepted her bounty and some light thanks for her service and was off. But before she left, the Mountain insisted on meeting with her, and brought Jewel along as well. River's demeanor and skills left the Mountain with a favorable impression. But Jewel, who had never seen any fighter like her - monks being rare in their area - was utterly starstruck.

Several days after River left, Jewel begged her father to let her go after her, convinced she could learn much from such a warrior. Her father, sensing an opportunity, agreed - so long as she provided him with regular updates on her own training and progress. To set his daughter her first goal, the Mountain gifted her with a wondrous item, the Shield of Yggdrasil, charging her to become strong enough to wield it.

Thus Jewel set out on her journey.

-- Joining River --

Unfortunately River travels light and fast, and Jewel almost always found herself a step or two behind. Along the way she also found delays dealing with the kinds of threats only wandering adventurers can. Through these, however, she began growing into her own as a capable fighter, eventually even growing strong enough to master the Shield.

While passing near Zeephos Dirk's church, fate intervened on Jewel's behalf. As River drew the Knight from the Sheath of Many Daggers, Jewel heard and recognized River's voice and burst in the door, fulfilling the dagger's endowment of a loyal associate and Jewel's dream all at once.

Immediately curious to the Sheath, she drew her own - the Sun - and was overcome instantly with a surge of knowledge and tactical experience and left holding a Belt of Storm Giant Strength.

She now pledges her loyalty to River as her apprentice, hoping to master her newfound power and sensing that despite their vastly different approaches to combat (and life in general) she can grow as a warrior under the monk's tutelage.

D

Deleted member

****, that sounds really scary, all that preparation and suspense. I hope you're OK. I wish there was a way I could help, I don't want you to get hurt.

D

Deleted member

Really? Guess I should try it sometime. If it is safe to drink if you're not sick.
There's actually really good health benefits to drinking small amounts of apple cider vinegar daily. You can't go overboard with it (like all things, lol), but intaking the appropriate amount daily can actually be really good for you.

One of the benefits being you'll have a considerably low chance of getting kidney stones.

****, that sounds really scary, all that preparation and suspense. I hope you're OK. I wish there was a way I could help, I don't want you to get hurt.
I appreciate the concern, but I don't wanna worry you. They're not life threatening, just really, really painful, ha ha.

Again though, I do appreciate the concern. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
They're not life threatening, just really, really painful, ha ha.
I mean it's still "ha ha" only in the sense of "ha ha, my **** is actually shrinking into my small intestine in a show of sympathy and fear."

D

Deleted member

I appreciate the concern, but I don't wanna worry you. They're not life threatening, just really, really painful, ha ha.
I mean, I'm already super super super worried. I don't think any further info will change that.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Quick, someone think of a reason for why Phoenix would want to take every individual Smash character to court.
:ultbayonetta1:: Murder, public indecency
:ultbowser:: Murder, Kidnapping
:ultbowserjr:: Kidnapping, Underage Driving
:ultfalcon:: Speeding
:ultcloud:: Illegal immigrant
:ultcorrinf:: Murder, Incest, Terrorist attacks
:ultdiddy:: Copyright strikes
:ultdk:: Kidnapping
:ultdoc:: Unlicensed medical practice
:ultganondorf:: Murder, unlawful imprisonment, Breaking and entering
:ultgreninja:: Licking random passerby's
:ulticeclimbers:: Throwing his sister tens of feet into the air
:ultincineroar:: Gambling Fraud
:ultisabelle:: Neglicence
:ultjigglypuff:: Murder, drugging people
:ultjoker:: Mind ****, vigilante Justice
:ultkingdedede:: possession of illegal steroids
:ultkrool:: Murder, Terrorist attacks
:ultkirby:: Cannibalism, overthrowing the government
:ultlink:: Breaking and entering, destruction of property
:ultlucas:: Underage drug usage
:ultmario:: Murder
:ultmegaman:: Stealing firearms
:ultmetaknight:: Unlicensed presence in airspace
:ultmewtwo:: Illegal generic experiments
:ultgnw:: Everything
:ultolimar:: Abuse of intelligent alien Life
:ultpacman:: Destruction of military property
:ultpalutena:: Child labour
:ultpeach:: Negligent government
:ultdarkpit:: Desertion
:ultpokemontrainer:: AnImAl aBuSe
:ultridley:: Murder, Terrorist attacks, Torture, Illegal generic experimentation, Orginised crime, Several war Crimes
:ultrobin:: Unqualified to lead an army
:ultsamus:: Vigilante Justice, Ignoring orders from a government officer
:ultdarksamus:: Conquering the universe, Illegal radiation experiments, Illegal genetic experiments, warcrimes, planet-scale genocide
:ultsheik:: Identity Fraud
:ultshulk:: Killing God?
:ultwario:: Cannibalism
:ultwiifittrainer:: Advertisement Fraud
:ultyoshi:: TaX FrAuD

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Man Olimar sure has a ton of bugs...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
:ultridley:: Murder, Terrorist attacks, Torture, Illegal generic experimentation, Orginised crime, Several war Crimes
:ultdarksamus:: Conquering the universe, Illegal radiation experiments, Illegal genetic experiments, warcrimes, planet-scale genocide
:ultsonic:: Going over the speed limit.

I just had to add that one in.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Seeing Gentlepanda Gentlepanda now make me think I have made some sort of horrible monster who keep evolving and multiplying as time goes on.
1556355633026.png

Yeah, I think science might have gone too far....

Anyway, how are you going, guys?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why doesn’t :ultpit:have anything?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Last night I actually got friends on to play the Overwatch event. Got the remaining achievements in like 4-6 tries each.

It’s amazing how different it is playing with competent teammates.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm a simple man. I see Golden Sun, I like. :)

GS4 could have been Isaac's saving grace for Ultimate if it was made around 2015-2016. Which, honestly should have been the case as the 3DS was a hotbed for RPG's and that particular time period had so many RPG's out (DQ, BD, among others).
Yeah totally but hey it’s never too late for more Golden Sun

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just draw kind of a wobbly stretched out m-shape.

View attachment 213439
Ignore the voice in your head telling you to care about details for a second and you too can draw seagulls in five seconds!
Don't need details when you got distance.

- This post brought to you by the Perspective Gang.

D

Deleted member

Last night I actually got friends on the play the Overwatch event. Got the remaining achievements in like 4-6 tries each.

It’s amazing how different it is playing with competent teammates.
As a Splatoon player, I can relate to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom