• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
:ultbayonetta1:: Murder, public indecency
:ultbowser:: Murder, Kidnapping
:ultbowserjr:: Kidnapping, Underage Driving
:ultfalcon:: Speeding
:ultcloud:: Illegal immigrant
:ultcorrinf:: Murder, Incest, Terrorist attacks
:ultdiddy:: Copyright strikes
:ultdk:: Kidnapping
:ultdoc:: Unlicensed medical practice
:ultganondorf:: Murder, unlawful imprisonment, Breaking and entering
:ultgreninja:: Licking random passerby's
:ulticeclimbers:: Throwing his sister tens of feet into the air
:ultincineroar:: Gambling Fraud
:ultisabelle:: Neglicence
:ultjigglypuff:: Murder, drugging people
:ultjoker:: Mind ****, vigilante Justice
:ultkingdedede:: possession of illegal steroids
:ultkrool:: Murder, Terrorist attacks
:ultkirby:: Cannibalism, overthrowing the government
:ultlink:: Breaking and entering, destruction of property
:ultlucas:: Underage drug usage
:ultmario:: Murder
:ultmegaman:: Stealing firearms
:ultmetaknight:: Unlicensed presence in airspace
:ultmewtwo:: Illegal generic experiments
:ultgnw:: Everything
:ultolimar:: Abuse of intelligent alien Life
:ultpacman:: Destruction of military property
:ultpalutena:: Child labour
:ultpeach:: Negligent government
:ultdarkpit:: Desertion
:ultpokemontrainer:: AnImAl aBuSe
:ultridley:: Murder, Terrorist attacks, Torture, Illegal generic experimentation, Orginised crime, Several war Crimes
:ultrobin:: Unqualified to lead an army
:ultsamus:: Vigilante Justice, Ignoring orders from a government officer
:ultdarksamus:: Conquering the universe, Illegal radiation experiments, Illegal genetic experiments, warcrimes, planet-scale genocide
:ultsheik:: Identity Fraud
:ultshulk:: Killing God?
:ultwario:: Cannibalism
:ultwiifittrainer:: Advertisement Fraud
:ultyoshi:: TaX FrAuD
Wario's done a myriad of morally-dubious things and you only pick cannibalism? Also, Cloud did do acts of terrorism.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultbayonetta1:: Murder, public indecency
:ultbowser:: Murder, Kidnapping
:ultbowserjr:: Kidnapping, Underage Driving
:ultfalcon:: Speeding
:ultcloud:: Illegal immigrant
:ultcorrinf:: Murder, Incest, Terrorist attacks
:ultdiddy:: Copyright strikes
:ultdk:: Kidnapping
:ultdoc:: Unlicensed medical practice
:ultganondorf:: Murder, unlawful imprisonment, Breaking and entering
:ultgreninja:: Licking random passerby's
:ulticeclimbers:: Throwing his sister tens of feet into the air
:ultincineroar:: Gambling Fraud
:ultisabelle:: Neglicence
:ultjigglypuff:: Murder, drugging people
:ultjoker:: Mind ****, vigilante Justice
:ultkingdedede:: possession of illegal steroids
:ultkrool:: Murder, Terrorist attacks
:ultkirby:: Cannibalism, overthrowing the government
:ultlink:: Breaking and entering, destruction of property
:ultlucas:: Underage drug usage
:ultmario:: Murder
:ultmegaman:: Stealing firearms
:ultmetaknight:: Unlicensed presence in airspace
:ultmewtwo:: Illegal generic experiments
:ultgnw:: Everything
:ultolimar:: Abuse of intelligent alien Life
:ultpacman:: Destruction of military property
:ultpalutena:: Child labour
:ultpeach:: Negligent government
:ultdarkpit:: Desertion
:ultpokemontrainer:: AnImAl aBuSe
:ultridley:: Murder, Terrorist attacks, Torture, Illegal generic experimentation, Orginised crime, Several war Crimes
:ultrobin:: Unqualified to lead an army
:ultsamus:: Vigilante Justice, Ignoring orders from a government officer
:ultdarksamus:: Conquering the universe, Illegal radiation experiments, Illegal genetic experiments, warcrimes, planet-scale genocide
:ultsheik:: Identity Fraud
:ultshulk:: Killing God?
:ultwario:: Cannibalism
:ultwiifittrainer:: Advertisement Fraud
:ultyoshi:: TaX FrAuD
Objection, your honor.

Mario cannot be convicted of murder because it was done in retaliation of Bowser committing an act of war. Mario's liege and ruler, Princess Peach, was kidnapped by Bowser, so Mario killing members of the Koopa Army falls under the same classification as soldiers do in war. As such, this case cannot be considered murder under the law.

D

Deleted member

Objection, your honor.

Mario cannot be convicted of murder because it was done in retaliation of Bowser committing an act of war. Mario's liege and ruler, Princess Peach, was kidnapped by Bowser, so Mario killing members of the Koopa Army falls under the same classification as soldiers do in war. As such, this case cannot be considered murder under the law.
Explain all the Toads turned into bricks by Bowser that get smashed, then.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Explain all the Toads turned into bricks by Bowser that get smashed, then.
Well for that you'd need to prove intent. It's in the manual, but we have no proof that:

1) Mario is aware of this
2) That there's any way to reverse this
3) That the Toads retain their sentience while in block form

As such, this cannot be used to convict Mario of murder either.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well for that you'd need to prove intent. It's in the manual, but we have no proof that:

To add on, Your Honor, the manual also stated that only Princess Peach had the power to undo the curse put on Toads, and revert them to their original form from bricks. However, in the games today, we still see plenty of bricks. This implies that those bricks are not Toads that are getting smashed, because Peach would have used her power to save all of them. What this also implies is that the Toads turned into bricks that could not be smashed (such as the ones that give you coins if you hit them a few times), and because these bricks could not be smashed, no Toads were murdered by Mario throughout his adventures.

Case closed?

Last edited:

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
Ehhhh a bunch of reasons, mostly thanks to recent insider findings

That and the fact that Minecraft content had been rumored for a bout a year now, with no such thing in sight...

I'd love Steve, but I'm now at peace with the fact that he's probably not gonna make it, and I'm okay with that.

The DLC is gonna be hype worthy regardless
What insider findings?, could you explain them ?, I want to be sure..... o.o

D

Deleted member

Wario's done a myriad of morally-dubious things and you only pick cannibalism? Also, Cloud did do acts of terrorism.
Regarding Cloud, apart from terrorism
Most obvious crime for Cloud would be impersonating a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm not exactly sure if this is actually accurate but you used big words so I trust you

D

Deleted member

Could we consider illegal entry to the kingdoms in Super Mario Odyssey as a crime?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could we consider illegal entry to the kingdoms in Super Mario Odyssey as a crime?
Ordinarily flying through potentially restricted airspace COULD be an issue if the host nation deems it so, but Mario is essentially acting as an emissary of the Mushroom Kingdom, and therefore has diplomatic immunity. The worst they could do is threaten criminal action should he be deemed unsafe and returns, but nothing he's done as of now was illegal.

Considering his potential dual citizenship between the Metro and Mushroom Kingdoms, this should be even less of an issue as far as flying close to a city is concerned, especially with Pauline's blessing.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah, translation can really screw up a character for some audiences.

I'm still salty at ATLUS USA for randomly making some characters like Teddie or Morgana a lot less likable in localization.
Morgana's amazing in English, don't know what you're talking about.

I must be having a stroke but every square I make in stage builder looks slanted and off center
Grid.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But now I'm curious and now I have to watch it.
It's from a guy who's incredibly racist and used very crass and sexual humour. When the video got demonitized the dude changed the thumbnail from Peach in a skimpy bikini to Peach in a Bhurqa because "Youtube are muslims and that's bad" or some ****
Objection, your honor.

Who's going to be the Mushroom Kingdom equivalent of Chealse Manning and expose war crimes?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ordinarily flying through potentially restricted airspace COULD be an issue if the host nation deems it so, but Mario is essentially acting as an emissary of the Mushroom Kingdom, and therefore has diplomatic immunity. The worst they could do is threaten criminal action should he be deemed unsafe and returns, but nothing he's done as of now was illegal.

Considering his potential dual citizenship between the Metro and Mushroom Kingdoms, this should be even less of an issue as far as flying close to a city is concerned, especially with Pauline's blessing.
I love how your replies to ****posts are always super technical and detailed lmao! :laugh:
Yeah totally but hey it’s never too late for more Golden Sun
I'm just hoping the series gets revived within a year or two because it's helluva overdue. The Switch is essentially JRPG heaven so I don't see the hold up.

D

Deleted member

Ya'll are focused too much on Mario's war criminal records but ignoring the fact he was mean to Luigi once so he should be jailed

D

Deleted member

Ya'll are focused too much on Mario's war criminal records but ignoring the fact he was mean to Luigi once so he should be jailed
Luigi is a pure cinnamon roll. Anyone who is mean to him must be punished swiftly and severely.

hqdefault.jpg

Lock him up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
THIS GAME ONLY LOOK BETTER AND BETTER AHHHHHHHHHH

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's from a guy who's incredibly racist and used very crass and sexual humour. When the video got demonitized the dude changed the thumbnail from Peach in a skimpy bikini to Peach in a Bhurqa because "Youtube are muslims and that's bad" or some ****
OOOOOPH.

Yeah I hadn't heard about this but considering how awful the video was in the first place I'm unfortunately not surprised.

D

Deleted member

You know how you defeat puppet fighters in World of Light to free the spirits trapped within them? Could be the same logic.
You’re new profile picture is the best. I was just scrolling but I had to stop and admire it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The more I play of Doom 2016 the more I love it's design as it rewards the player for exploring by giving goodies, upgrades and early access to weapons if you can find them. There's also the fact that every ledge you can grab has some green light around it to let the player know they can get up there without even needing to be told. Also I appreciate the music significantly more know that I can fight while it plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom