• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i closed out of smashboards, opened a new tab, and went into smashboards

i'm in too deep, lads

D

Deleted member

Holy **** I was NOT expecting an explanation as to why Toy Story is about hyper-religious cults today and I don't think I was ever prepared for it
I still need to watch his video on that but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 213237
Time to slap a *****. /s
You can’t slap me if I don’t exist
i closed out of smashboards, opened a new tab, and went into smashboards

i'm in too deep, lads
I do the same ****ing ****
Like I’ll be browsing on my phone

Then put my phone down to do something else

And immediately pick it back up and refresh and see if my little red number went higher

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

And immediately pick it back up and refresh and see if my little red number went higher
reasons to live

1556391769477.png

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
That's hilarious
What a interesting and tragic backstory for a pizza.

Also, hello there.
I lied about the story, lmfao. But hey, a picture's worth a thousand words!

Also, a good afternoon to you too, Alice!

Ain't this the truth?
View attachment 213049
Except people would be too busy complaining about King Arthur being a girl as "forced representation" to even notice her armor.
Are we assuming there is a time gap between Tsukihime and- wait no, they mention Kara no Kyoukai here so it's most of Type-Moon. Uhmm, I honestly don't know, though I'd wager that if all of its stories were released this year, I'd probably still find myself attracted to its different lores and characters. Even before the whole "King Arthur is a girl!?!" thing started with newbies, Arcueid and Ryougi existed and they are modest compared to most fanservicey designs since then.

Though if there is one single thing I can see backfiring in this scenario is that Takeuchi's art would be a HUGE point of contention, since you either love it or hate it. This would also mean that his art would probably be based on his recent FGO illustrations as opposed to the way they're drawn in the original visual novels and such. There's an air of nostalgia to them, so frankly I'm happy Type-Moon has been a thing for roughly two decades.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Honestly the Earthbound characters and Little Mac are who I'd argue are the worst Smash characters. Not because of PK Cheese or competitive viability but from a adaptation stand point. Lucas is the stronger of the two and even ignoring how he stole Kumatora's moves he's more of a support in Mother 3, similarly, Ness is rather tanky in Earthbound (Also I think he's meant to be a bit fat which Smash kind of ignores) yet in Smash he's not really tanky at all. Little Mac's gimmick of being incredibly powerful to the point he can shrug off moves is a complete opposite of how he'd need to be strategic and chip away at the right time and earning the right to pull off an incredibly strong hit
Ness/Lucas are strange in that they do a better job representing their game as a whole then they do just themselves. They only have a few things that can be traced to their original characters as they have PSI Magnet, PK Flash, and PK Love in their moves, along with the bats and Yo-Yo, but they also draw from their other party members with the offensive PK moves being drawn from Kumatora, Poo, and Paula while Rope Snake is taken from Duster. This goes even further when you look at their updated PK Starstorm animation in Ultimate as now you have Poo, Paula, Kumatora and Boney all show up and assist with the attack, which puts more emphasis on the team then it does just Ness or Lucas. As a result, it could be said that the party is included into one character and they all play a part in how the they play rather then just focusing on the lead party member.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ness/Lucas are strange in that they do a better job representing their game as a whole then they do just themselves. They only have a few things that can be traced to their original characters as they have PSI Magnet, PK Flash, and PK Love in their moves, along with the bats and Yo-Yo, but they also draw from their other party members with the offensive PK moves being drawn from Kumatora, Poo, and Paula while Rope Snake is taken from Duster. This goes even further when you look at their updated PK Starstorm animation in Ultimate as now you have Poo, Paula, Kumatora and Boney all show up and assist with the attack, which puts more emphasis on the team then it does just Ness or Lucas. As a result, it could be said that the party is included into one character and they all play a part in how the they play rather then just focusing on the lead party member.
Sorry but to TRULY represent the Mother series their moves need to be obnoxiously limited like inventory is in that game

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You can’t slap me if I don’t exist

Smashboards is like a refrigerator. You keep opening and closing hoping there's something for you. That ends up being the case, for the most part.

Why not just post the video here though?

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 3.16.10 PM.png

How can our posts be out-of-context if our lives are out-of-context?

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Actually carrots are too sugary for rabbits. Only reason people think otherwise is because Bugs Bunny eats carrots, which when he was new, was a reference to a popular movie at the time where a character would munch on carrots in a similar way. Coincidentally Bugs Bunny has another example of changing society, Nimrod was a great hunter in folklore or something but ever since Bugs sarcastically referred to Elmer Fudd as such, people believed nimrod was an insult
I just wish the rabbit a good day and happy hops OKAY?

kewl fact tho

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, I really want to play the Wonderful 101, but I don't have the cash to spend on a whole ass Wii-U. I REALLY hope that gets a Switch port. It could definitely do waaaay better on there, but I'm worried the low initial sales will stop it from getting that second chance, unlike with Bayo 2 doing pretty damn well for being a niche game on a niche system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom