• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Called Nintendo's Customer Service back at their Supervisor number, seems they just needed some extra verification (basically the same things I told the rep originally -_-). They said they'll send the email out within the next day or so.

Corporations are weird, but at the very least the call only took three minutes this time.

D

Deleted member

Called Nintendo's Customer Service back at their Supervisor number, seems they just needed some extra verification (basically the same things I told the rep originally -_-). They said they'll send the email out within the next day or so.

Corporations are weird, but at the very least the call only took three minutes this time.
Glad to know that you will get it for free.

The character is pretty fun and good, so getting It free is nice.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Am I the only one that likes TP Zelda over LttP Zelda? I like her more adult and mature look. I also liked her with the purple dress better.
Absolutely not. I've made my opinion on that abundantly clear, as has CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica and, uh, some other people. Can't remember.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Am I the only one that likes TP Zelda over LttP Zelda? I like her more adult and mature look. I also liked her with the purple dress better.
BOTW Zelda is the best Zelda ... but I get why they didn't include her. Lttp Zelda's a good choice for Smash as she seems fairly 'universal' in terms of how Zelda is normally depicted

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Glad to know that you will get it for free.

The character is pretty fun and good, so getting It free is nice.
How are you supposed to end his neutral combo? I just keep wailing on him until he eventually just kind of falls out. Like, how do you do some sort of ending blow like Little Mac?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How are you supposed to end his neutral combo? I just keep wailing on him until he eventually just kind of falls out. Like, how do you do some sort of ending blow like Little Mac?
I need to check that out, since I don’t remember how to do so.

Edit: I made a new post here explaining how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nope, I prefer her too. I think she was definitely a unique character, giving the impression of a queen and a priestess at the same time, at least to me. I'm also quite fond of Twilight Princess and Brawl and opera gloves, so I'm biased.

That being said, this Zelda is also perfectly fine and she's more of a magic user, which is always welcome.

D

Deleted member

I got it:

You need to stay pretty close to the enemy, and tap fast as many times as you want the neutral attack buttom next to it.

When you want to stop, don’t press the buttom more and it will finish the combo with a final attack.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
BotW Zelda is best Zelda
What kind of biology are you guys learning then??
I took honors biology in my freshman year of high school (2011) and AP Bio senior year (2014). I can say with confidence that I've never heard cis be brought up in a biology class.

D

Deleted member

Anybody want eggman to be the next sonic rep? Because.....well.....you know why:troll:

D

Deleted member

I wish that I could share my favourite Zelda.

Sadly, I only played Hyrule Warriors, BOTW, the tutorial of Phantom Hourglass when I was younger and the Smash Bros games going from Brawl to Melee.

I don’t have enough knowledge of the character to choose my favourite version of her.

Anybody want eggman to be the next sonic rep? Because.....well.....you know why:troll:
Because I am obsessed with playable villains in video games?

D

Deleted member

Best Zelda is Skyward Sword Zelda, who is just above Smash Ultimate Zelda.

D

Deleted member

if you have to be a fan of a series to enjoy the game, doesn't the game fail on its own merits?
I mean, typically, liking something and being a fan of it is a requirement for enjoying anything. If someone doesn't like Kingdom Hearts, they're probably not going to enjoy the latest game in the franchise. That kind of goes for everything in entertainment.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
:ultgnw: x :ultganondorf:

Their love goes beyond the boundaries of dimension. Ganon saw how G&W was the god of his world, and longed to be that. Before he knew it, he no longer wanted to be him... but be with him. Ruling that realm as the undeniable king and queen.

I'll let you guys determine who's queen.
That is legitimately precious, though also hilariously awkward.

And it's a self-inflicted wound because I'm a Zelda main.
I just remembered that Shiek and Zelda are technically the same person. Maybe. They might be different people in Ultimate. Shiek's still a Zelda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

BotW Zelda is best Zelda

I took honors biology in my freshman year of high school (2011) and AP Bio senior year (2014). I can say with confidence that I've never heard cis be brought up in a biology class.
DNA? RNA? You guys learned those things, right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, typically, liking something and being a fan of it is a requirement for enjoying anything. If someone doesn't like Kingdom Hearts, they're probably not going to enjoy the latest game in the franchise. That kind of goes for everything in entertainment.
If you need to be a fan to enjoy something, it also alienates potential newcomers. If KHIII is something only KH fans can enjoy, it can't be my first KH or else I won't enjoy it

D

Deleted member

If you need to be a fan to enjoy something, it also alienates potential newcomers. If KHIII is something only KH fans can enjoy, it can't be my first KH or else I won't enjoy it
On the same token, if it is your first KH and you did not enjoy it, it may also mean you just don't like Kingdom Hearts.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
if you have to be a fan of a series to enjoy the game, doesn't the game fail on its own merits?
Honestly I think considering that KH3 is kind of a big arc wrap up game tmk that a lot of its fun will come down to whether you are familiar with the story or not. Given that the actual story of an RPG is a large part of the enjoyment to be had a person going in on the last chapter is obviously not going to get as much enjoyment out of it as someone who is caught up with it.
Gameplay wise if they dont like it they dont like it, but story wise it makes perfect sense why a newbie going in and not liking it wouldn't exactly mean it's not good by itself.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You really can’t please anyone anymore.

When you do stuff to make it more accessible for newcomers, you’re dumbing it down.

When you just cater to your fan base and what they want, you’re nothing but fan service and not worth people’s time.

And there’s no happy medium between the two.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I would love to buy KH3 just for the gameplay and the Disney Worlds, since I don’t have interest on its story.

However, a huge number of people tell me that I must play the games before even with those things considered, because apparently it is still a bad idea to play it without beating the other games outside of KH2.

So I don’t completely know if I should really pick it, even as someone who just wants to get it for the gameplay and the Pixar worlds.

Pakky

Smash Hero
BotW Zelda is best Zelda

Ditto mostly

Had normal biology like back in 09 or 10 and in my senior year I had honors Anatomy in which I had to buy a 100$ book for.

Never heard of Cis until I was out of college in a random YouTube video.

DNA? RNA? You guys learned those things, right?
Yep learned those in elementary school like the last year. Learned them again in biology though in truth I forgot the purpose of RNA.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You really can’t please anyone anymore.

When you do stuff to make it more accessible for newcomers, you’re dumbing it down.

When you just cater to your fan base and what they want, you’re nothing but fan service and not worth people’s time.

And there’s no happy medium between the two.
Smash Ultimate and the Smash Fanbase's reactions to.... a lot of things, is a prime example of that.

Also the whole KH3 thing of course.

Tbh, I would love to buy KH3 just for the gameplay and the Disney Worlds, since I don’t have interest on its story.

However, a huge number of people tell me that I must play the games before even with those things considered, because apparently it is still a bad idea to play it without beating the other games outside of KH2.

So I don’t completely know if I should really pick it, even as someone who just wants to get it for the gameplay and the Pixar worlds.
Those people are spewing BS. I jumped in on the DS lineup of games and had a perfectly fine time with the game itself despite not understanding half of the story at the time.

The story of KH doesn't matter, because you won't appreciate it if you don't want to do a lot of wiki research. But the gameplay stands on it's own, and I have no idea why people think you need to play older games to appreciate the combat of the newer ones.

Either way, KH3 actually does have a story recap option in the main menu. And the game also recaps to earlier relevant acts as you go along.

I'm saying this as a guy who never played the PS2 games. KH3 as a game stands perfectly fine on it's own.

D

Deleted member

If you don't care about the story, just go ahead and play it. Most people who insist that you play the old ones are kind of being silly if the individual doesn't care about the story.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the same token, if it is your first KH and you did not enjoy it, it may also mean you just don't like Kingdom Hearts.
See, while that's true, let's take a look at a highly anticipated movie, Avengers 4. If that's your first MCU film, you won't understand a thing and most likely won't enjoy it. While one can argue "It's an endgame thing, why would you go for it first?", not only is it still a product being sold for money which means it isn't free from criticism, saying "Go back and spend a ****ton of money, THEN you'll like it!" isn't exactly encouraging either

D

Deleted member

What the ****ing **** I thought he was at least 20 or something in the Wii game. Why the **** have been people shipping him with Samus since Smash 4 then???
Everyone mentions he’s 17, Shish. Also that’s just a weird fetish ship because of the size difference, I mean most if not all smash ships are fetishized in some way now that I think about it as you have to go on physical traits rather than personality. But still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom