• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'll never get why people act as if "cis" is some alien word as if it's not a term used in basic biology you learn during high school.
Only heard LGBTQ+ friends use cis, I get identifying people with “heterosexual” just like bisexual, transexual, homosexual, etc. but I never understood why people just conforming to the gender identity of their birth mattered so much. Like, are we supposed to change our sexual orientation? Why does “cis” matter?

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I keep telling myself that once I get a Switch and Smash Ultimate, I'll post here more often about interesting things. So, in the meantime, every time I post here I find myself with nothing interesting to talk about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here's something interesting. Both of us joined in the first two weeks of Ultimate coming out, which is funny, because that particular time had the least amount of new info besides Joker and not very many people.

D

Deleted member

Do you think that we will get a Direct outside of a Pokémon one this month?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What kind of biology are you guys learning then??
I'unno. My biology teacher was my favorite one. I was a TA for him in my senior year so I sat through his biology class twice.

The dude went to Antarctica to study penguins for six months. And we decked out his car with plastic rims and a stick-on skull on the front after he got engaged. Loved that guy. ...what're we talking about?

Only heard LGBTQ+ friends use cis, I get identifying people with “heterosexual” just like bisexual, transexual, homosexual, etc. but I never understood why people just conforming to the gender identity of their birth mattered so much. Like, are we supposed to change our sexual orientation? Why does “cis” matter?
It's specifically to avoid using the word "normal" to describe people conforming to the societal standard of their gender. Because that implies that anything else is abnormal, thus alienating transpeople. It's just polite to use the dictionary-correct term instead.

Chosen language is important.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Piranha Plant is available for purchase now. She costs $5 so the same as Corrin was in Smash 4.
oh good...you think Petey is a woman still
When was this confirmed
Never
Viridi has a PP obsession
not the best word choice for a sentence
This tweet pretty much sums up my thoughts on that:

68F047C5-EA21-4035-BDFA-FDEF8B76F039.jpeg
That’s frankly disgusting. I feel bad for Square Enix now. This kind of thing is why I hate memes.
Nothing about this calming meme is disgusting nor should it cause anyone to feel bad for SE when they’re not being affected at all
aaaand I just saw :ultpeach:x :ultzelda: fanart in my Twitter feed so that too
That ship seems safe.

:ultzelda: x :4zelda: is way more shocking.
:ultpit: x :ultzelda::ultpalutena::ultbayonetta::ultzss::ultcorrinf::ultpokemontrainerf: are better anyways

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
OMG, I think I know that guy. He's an awesome dude.
Heh, I was wondering if you'd reply to that.

I legitimately learned more about penguins than most high schoolers probably should.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, what kind of Chemistry class did they follow?
Our book had an entire chapter on Cis-Trans-Isomers
To be fair, my chemistry teacher was a football coach who I'm pretty sure didn't know more about chemistry than any of us.

I don't remember **** from that class. I learned nothing.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyone want to join my arena?
ID: KRJBB
Password: 9538

Rules: Three stock, competitive rules, Random Stage in Battle Field form.
Tagging some people:
@Shishœ @Prince Alucard @faygoshill staindgrey staindgrey
Up to eight players.
Thanks for the offer. I'd love to join you guys sometime but I'm currently in a cold warehouse doing monotonous inventory transfers.

Then when I get home I'm totally playing Resident Evil 2. I'm going for the no healing item run.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What kind of biology are you guys learning then??
I mean I learned a ton of latin prefixes in high school 'cis' just wasn't one of them.
I think because things like 'trans' and 'de' are used more in common language where 'cis' really isn't

Like say you have 'transportation or transaction'

Or 'deformed and decapitate'

But 'cis' doesn't really come up.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?!
I mean, maybe it's just because I grew up in the Gundam Wing fandom, but I've long known that anyone will ship anyone with anyone regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

Like, I remember seeing a Treize x Quatre fanfic once and I'm pretty sure those two never even met in the show.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I ignore any "leak" that starts up with something like "You might not believe me..." because that tends to be how younger teens talk, and I doubt a 13-16 year old would have any knowledge about future Smash info.
I generally don’t trust or care about text or picture leaks as a whole. Only leaked videos at best.

D

Deleted member

I'm more surprised that anyone would be surprised that a homosexual ship exists.

Then again, my ex was a rapid fujoshi, so I might just be forever associated with the genre despite the fact that I'm 100% straight. lmao

D

Deleted member

I'm more surprised that anyone would be surprised that a homosexual ship exists.

Then again, my ex was a rapid fujoshi, so I might just be forever associated with the genre despite the fact that I'm 100% straight. lmao
what's a "fujoshi?"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remember when one WiiU screenshot lead to the default ship in the community being :ultlucina:x:ultpalutena:

Side note: Yay we got the alt icons! :ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultcorrinf::ultinklingboy::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrobinf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, maybe it's just because I grew up in the Gundam Wing fandom, but I've long known that anyone will ship anyone with anyone regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

Like, I remember seeing a Treize x Quatre fanfic once and I'm pretty sure those two never even met in the show.
Yeah, it's called crackshipping.

Smash fandom also has a lot of that but... technically all characters know each other, so I guess all ships has at least has some logic.

what's a "fujoshi?"
Girls who like guys on guys.

D

Deleted member

Homosexual ships are as fine as heterosexual ships for me.
In fact, I have a few of them considered.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
was Jared even a fan of KH to begin with? That also plays a part. Yeah it does have its flaws, as every game does but all around, Ive seen positive stuff in combination with talking about the flaws

I noticed a trend in people who never played KH and aren't even fans of KH playing KH3 and saying it sucks
if you have to be a fan of a series to enjoy the game, doesn't the game fail on its own merits?

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, it's called crackshipping.

Smash fandom also has a lot of that but... technically all characters know each other, so I guess all ships has at least has some logic.

Girls who like guys on guys.
Huh. I learned something today.

Not the fujoshi part. My last ex was one of those.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The important thing about shipping is to have fun with it and not get mad when the series doesn't have the same ones.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember when one WiiU screenshot lead to the default ship in the community being :ultlucina:x:ultpalutena:

Side note: Yay we got the alt icons! :ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultcorrinf::ultinklingboy::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrobinf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm:
Smash 4 shipping was weird because after 13 years, we finally got more female characters that wasn't just catsuit Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom