• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The important thing about shipping is to have fun with it and not get mad when the series doesn't have the same ones.
The more important thing is to write a fanfic in retaliation to your ship not happening. I know I'd do that.

D

Deleted member

Hey, long time no see!
I've been cripplingly depressed about not having a Switch/Smash Ultimate yet doing fine, what about you? :D
I had a great January month.
I helped people both online and IRL, I went out with my friends a lot, I improved as a person, Fantastic Four Week was a thing, Retro Studios isn’t closing in the near future, and many more things.

At the moment, I am having a mental fight with myself to take off my mind a certain European law that may or may not be passed, but everything else is going better than in 2018 for me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I remember when one WiiU screenshot lead to the default ship in the community being :ultlucina:x:ultpalutena:
The only femslash ship :ultlucina: is getting is Severa and I will defend that to the day I die.

I'm not even a shipper or a femslash enthusiast, whatever the term for that is. They're just perfect and it's my headcanon and shutup.

D

Deleted member

Didn't fanfictions pretty much start like that?
I'd wager for that to be the case. The only non-self-insert ship fic I've heavily disliked is one where Ridley and Samus attends a High School together.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd wager for that to be the case. The only non-self-insert ship fic I've heavily disliked is one where Ridley and Samus attends a High School together.
Self-insert ships generally aren't good anyway unless it's Divine Comedy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't get self-insert fics. You're a dull person from a dull world, let the cool characters from fiction do their thing.

Then again, I have a low opinion of myself so it's probably a mindset thing.

D

Deleted member

I don't get self-insert fics. You're a dull person from a dull world, let the cool characters from fiction do their thing.

Well, I guess you've never had a crush on a fictional character before
I know allllll about that
*cough*
:ultisabelle::ultpikachu::ultyoshi:*cough*

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
:pirateship: The greatest ship of all
A really underated ship is the one from Wuuhu Island. I blame it on the stage taking too long to stop there.

Speaking of, notice how in some Spirit battles stages stay on on part of traveling stages? Why isn't there an option for that in regular battles?

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The sad thing is that there is quite a bit of good fanfiction smothered beneath the fluff fantasy-fulfillment stories.

One of my favorites when I was in college was this, like, forever-long novelization of Mass Effect 1 & 2 that then moved on to their own version of ME3 before that game came out. It was actually much, much better than the real ME3.

I haven't read any fanfiction in years though. It got tiring trying to look for good ones.

Pakky

Smash Hero
"Touch my butt Angela" Wario sighed as he bent his massive posterior towards the young woman.

"So lewd my sweet." cooed Angela as her delicate fingers danced a top the husky man's rear .

(I have no shame only pride in the trash I produce)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, I guess you've never had a crush on a fictional character before
I know allllll about that
*cough*
:ultisabelle::ultpikachu::ultyoshi:*cough*
Oh I've had crushes on fictional characters. But I could never overcome the shattered suspense of disbelief that'd be required to write such a thing.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

I pretty much feel the same way. Self-inserts are so easy to spot too, which makes them even more cringy to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pakky

Smash Hero
Cla stop opressing gamers, they've been discriminated by the US president, nobody else can understand that kind of discrimination
I'll tell you who are more oppressed than Gamers.

Female characters in MK :troll:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The sad thing is that there is quite a bit of good fanfiction smothered beneath the fluff fantasy-fulfillment stories.

One of my favorites when I was in college was this, like, forever-long novelization of Mass Effect 1 & 2 that then moved on to their own version of ME3 before that game came out. It was actually much, much better than the real ME3.

I haven't read any fanfiction in years though. It got tiring trying to look for good ones.
I know that feeling. I once read a "after the game" story for Persona 5 and it was probably better than anything ATLUS can came up with. Though, I usually don't look into canon setting stuff, it's more fun when author has more freedom.

And you know what they say: Only 10% of fanfiction is good and it's worth going through the rest.

D

Deleted member

Smash ships are weird because 90% of the characters either have significant others in their home universes or are animals so these are the characters in Smash you can legally ship without it being weird:
:ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultganondorf::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf:
These characters are all consenting adults who have no canonical relationships. And also aren't animals. Bowser and Wolf are just scaly and furry, respectively, they don't count.
Anyone want to join my arena?
ID: KRJBB
Password: 9538

Rules: Three stock, competitive rules, Random Stage in Battle Field form.
Tagging some people:
@Shishœ @Prince Alucard @faygoshill staindgrey staindgrey
Up to eight players.
Currently out so I can't play right now

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know that feeling. I once read a "after the game" story for Persona 5 and it was probably better than anything ATLUS can came up with. Though, I usually don't look into canon setting stuff, it's more fun when author has more freedom.

And you know what they say: Only 10% of fanfiction is good and it's worth going through the rest.
I've had a Dragon Age II continuation story fully fleshed out in my head for the last, like, five or six years. I really should write it.

I wanted to be a novelist when I was younger. I don't know when that dream died.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash ships are weird because 90% of the characters either have significant others in their home universes or are animals so these are the characters in Smash you can legally ship without it being weird:
:ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultganondorf::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultwolf:
These characters are all consenting adults who have no canonical relationships. And also aren't animals. Bowser and Wolf are just scaly and furry, respectively, they don't count.
Isn't Mac like 17?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Heyyyyyyy

Well, some of us have no hope of getting a real-life boyfriend or girlfriend You're reading a post by one of those people right now
In my experience, that makes every girl at my university effectively a fictional character

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
We doing shipping discussions? In that case *summons Warp Star and flies off*

D

Deleted member

Isn't Mac like 17?
What the ****ing **** I thought he was at least 20 or something in the Wii game. Why the **** have been people shipping him with Samus since Smash 4 then???

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Bowser did have a relationship at one point but is now left as a single father.

Just getting all the technicallities sorted out.

D

Deleted member

Well Bowser did have a relationship at one point but is now left as a single father.

Just getting all the technicallities sorted out.
I know that very well and it's why he's there first because Jr. and his other 7 neglected children need another parent that won't leave them like Miyamoto did.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What the ****ing **** I thought he was at least 20 or something in the Wii game. Why the **** have been people shipping him with Samus since Smash 4 then???
Probably because most people think like you. A lot of people still ship Zelda with adults, even though she's supposed to be a teenager now.

D

Deleted member

Probably because most people think like you. A lot of people still ship Zelda with adults, even though she's supposed to be a teenager now.
This only just hit me but damn Zelda is really ****ing tall then

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that likes TP Zelda over LttP Zelda? I like her more adult and mature look. I also liked her with the purple dress better.

D

Deleted member

Shipping Samus with the killer of her parents (Who also wants her dead) is always a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom