• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If you don't care about the story, just go ahead and play it. Most people who insist that you play the old ones are kind of being silly if the individual doesn't care about the story.
Good to know that then.

I just want to explore and fight on the Disney worlds, so I will probably be fine.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd wager for that to be the case. The only non-self-insert ship fic I've heavily disliked is one where Ridley and Samus attends a High School together.
The sad thing is I think I know that one. An old forum I used to hang out at used to joke about it whenever Ridley was mentioned.

Does anyone actually do that unironically?!?
Nothing stops shipping, not even being mortal enemies.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
On the same token, if it is your first KH and you did not enjoy it, it may also mean you just don't like Kingdom Hearts.
you can also think the story in KH is pure trash and still love KHs gameplay, which I have also heard before. "The story is eh but the gameplay is amazing"

I can take that better then "I never played KH before and this **** is horrible"

D

Deleted member

See, while that's true, let's take a look at a highly anticipated movie, Avengers 4. If that's your first MCU film, you won't understand a thing and most likely won't enjoy it. While one can argue "It's an endgame thing, why would you go for it first?", not only is it still a product being sold for money which means it isn't free from criticism, saying "Go back and spend a ****ton of money, THEN you'll like it!" isn't exactly encouraging either
That's a movie, though. The enjoyment of a movie is more closely tied to its narrative than a video game. Kingdom Hearts can still be enjoyed for its gameplay, Disney worlds, and more.

D

Deleted member

saying "Go back and spend a ****ton of money, THEN you'll like it!" isn't exactly encouraging either
I can relate to this statement a lot.

It feels weird when you want to pick a game that looks interesting, but a huge number of people keep telling you to play the games that came before to enjoy it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
you can also think the story in KH is pure trash and still love KHs gameplay, which I have also heard before. "The story is eh but the gameplay is amazing"

I can take that better then "I never played KH before and this **** is horrible"
Mike is all I care about...

I love him so much. No Sully though, he's not as cool (Jk they're both great)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
BotW Zelda is best Zelda

I took honors biology in my freshman year of high school (2011) and AP Bio senior year (2014). I can say with confidence that I've never heard cis be brought up in a biology class.
Cis isnt even A biology term, in sure
do people unironically thinks CIS is a bio term?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I don't get self-insert fics. You're a dull person from a dull world, let the cool characters from fiction do their thing.

Then again, I have a low opinion of myself so it's probably a mindset thing.
I do self-insert, but I don't make myself the main character.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's a movie, though. The enjoyment of a movie is more closely tied to its narrative than a video game. Kingdom Hearts can still be enjoyed for its gameplay, Disney worlds, and more.
I would love Kingdom Hearts 300% more if it used ANYTHING other than Disney. I hate the Mouse and all he stands for.

Like, imagine a Warner Bros Kingdom Hearts.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Waifu Talk never leaves and Genesis 6 is going on now
I remember when one WiiU screenshot lead to the default ship in the community being :ultlucina:x:ultpalutena:

Side note: Yay we got the alt icons! :ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultcorrinf::ultinklingboy::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultrobinf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm:
:4alph:
Smash 4 shipping was weird because after 13 years, we finally got more female characters that wasn't just catsuit Samus.
Smash needs more Samus
What the ****ing **** I thought he was at least 20 or something in the Wii game. Why the **** have been people shipping him with Samus since Smash 4 then???
cause he punched Samus for mocking his height...that’s literally how the ship began
Am I the only one that likes TP Zelda over LttP Zelda? I like her more adult and mature look. I also liked her with the purple dress better.
You’re not...but I prefer LttP/LBTW/Smash Ultimate/Pit’s Waifu Zelda
Best Zelda is one that can approach in neutral.

So none of them.
You ****er
I would love Kingdom Hearts 300% more if it used ANYTHING other than Disney. I hate the Mouse and all he stands for.

That **** wouldn’t be Kingdom Hearts then...go watch Space Jam or go through past DC crossovers if you want a “Warner Bros Kingdom Hearts”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jeez what the actual **** did Disney do to you
Disney’s reputation makes it impossible to compete with it in the industry. And property not associated with Disney is unfairly disadvantaged in pop culture unless it emulates Disney. Even if a Disney film is horrible it will still make bank and Disney Magic(TM) will endure people mindlessly enjoy it for about a decade till the come to their senses.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Really dislike piranha plant's kit. Vertical focus makes it useless on omega stages.

What a shame, but at least it was free.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's too safe

We need an absolutely crazy ship....

Inb4 I come back from work with 10 billion notifications, thanks to this one post
:ultzss: x :ultpichu:

We all knew the :zerosuitsamus: x :pikachu2: marriage was doomed to fail. But not so spectacularly. ZSS felt the creeping chill of monotony and age and decided to work out, surgically install a beauty mark and sport custom-made neon hooker high heels to feel young and attractive again. And with that, her eyes strayed from her partner Pikachu despite his loyalty. She found someone younger, as many in their mid-life crises do, and found... Pichu.

Everyone is here, after all. She's just seizing the opportunity.

D

Deleted member

Cis isnt even A biology term, in sure
do people unironically thinks CIS is a bio term?
Cis is a latin prefix which means "on this side of:", hence why cisgender is used as an antonym to transgender. So yeah, it is a biological term. Perhaps because there's much more to biology than what grade school teaches.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Reslly dislike piranha plant's kit. Vertical focus makes it useless on omega stages.

What a shame, but at least it was free.
Cuz no one jumps over you, hur,hur.

You can down smash into up smash. The kit is solid bro.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That would suck ***. The Disney worlds is what makes it somewhat artistic.
Waifu Talk never leaves and Genesis 6 is going on now

:4alph:

Smash needs more Samus

cause he punched Samus for mocking his height...that’s literally how the ship began

You’re not...but I prefer LttP/LBTW/Smash Ultimate/Pit’s Waifu Zelda

You ****er

That **** wouldn’t be Kingdom Hearts then...go watch Space Jam or go through past DC crossovers if you want a “Warner Bros Kingdom Hearts”
Wow. I REALLY struck a nerve on this one. I mean, what did I expect saying I don’t like people’s god.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
disadvantaged in pop culture unless it emulates Disney. Even if a Disney film is horrible it will still make bank and Disney Magic(TM) will endure people mindlessly enjoy it for about a decade till the come to their senses.
Tell that Black Cauldron who was a major flop apparently

D

Deleted member

I actually agree with this. If you're like me and actually care about the overarching plot, the Disney content is like a 24h long filler episode while I just wanna know what the heck Xehanorty is up to.

But then I see how gorgeous the characters look and remember how nostalgic I am for the movies and also remember that Mickey is kinda cool in this franchise...

I dunno, it's complicated.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Cuz no one jumps over you, hur,hur.

You can down smash into up smash. The kit is solid bro.
Well obviously when people vs me the first tactic they will use is to avoid going above piranha plant and just play the horizontal game.

Two specials that need players above PP to be effective as well as a strange centre of gravity mean PP is not for me

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well obviously when people vs me the first tactic they will use is to avoid going above piranha plant and just play the horizontal game.

Two specials that need players above them to be effective as well as a strange centre of gravity mean PP is not for me
You can angle the ball to the side though. As well was tip yourself over with Down B

D

Deleted member

Companies in the entertainment industry should learn from Nintendo in regards to the quality of their product and marketing. However, they should learn more from SEGA in regards to fan projects.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. One of the few times they failed almost 40 years ago. Modern Disney doesn’t do that.
The live-action remakes outside of Jungle Book are bad when compared to their original counterparts.

And they lack too much in animated movies recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like, here’s a shortlist off the top of my head the properties that could be involved in a Warner Bros KH.

The Matrix
DC Comics
The Lord of the Rings
Beetlejuice
Harry Potter
Gremlins
The Goonies
Looney Tunes
Hannah-Barbara
Tom and Jerry
Cartoon Network
Midway Arcade
The Wizard of Oz

Would that not be awesome!

D

Deleted member

Like, here’s a shortlist off the top of my head the properties that could be involved in a Warner Bros KH.

The Matrix
DC Comics
The Lord of the Rings
Beetlejuice
Harry Potter
Gremlins
The Goonies
Looney Tunes
Hannah-Barbara
Tom and Jerry
Cartoon Network
Midway Arcade
The Wizard of Oz

No it would not

D

Deleted member

The Matrix
DC Comics
The Lord of the Rings
Beetlejuice
Harry Potter
Gremlins
The Goonies
Looney Tunes
Hannah-Barbara
Tom and Jerry
Cartoon Network
Midway Arcade
The Wizard of Oz

It would be dope, indeed.
And if Toho alongside Universal give them the green light, they could add the Legendary Pictures incarnations of Godzilla and King Kong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
DNA? RNA? You guys learned those things, right?
Of course, and never once was the cis-prefix attached to anything. You sure you're not thinking of a chemistry class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom