• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It would be dope, indeed.
And if Toho alongside Universal give them the green light, they could add the Legendary Pictures incarnations of Godzilla and King Kong.
If they could get Universal on board we could get Back to the Future, Knight Rider, Jurassic Park, E.T., and Woody Woodpecker!

If Sony and Paramount wanted to be part of this we could get even more!

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
you can also think the story in KH is pure trash and still love KHs gameplay, which I have also heard before. "The story is eh but the gameplay is amazing"

I can take that better then "I never played KH before and this **** is horrible"
I am having to go for a hard pass on KH3. I enjoyed the first two because it was the most ridiculous crossover ever. KH3 removed the Final Fantasy characters and killed my interest in it :U

D

Deleted member

Toho made the shared universe stuff in cinema before Marvel.
And they want to do it again after Legendary Pictures finishes the Monsterverse.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine being such a ***** for a single corporation that the idea of competition in the market sounds bad

This post was made by the smart people gang
Did you even read my post? I don’t like Disney because NOBODY CAN COMPETE WITH THEM.

Which is exactly why there doesn't need to be a Warner Bros. Kingdom Hearts.
****ing duh.
Kingdom Hearts has like, a dozen titles. There’s only one LEGO Dimensions.

Plus, not really a fan of the LEGO aesthetic.

Isn’t Kingdom Hearts supposed to have good gameplay? Seems like an immediate difference from Lego Dimensions.
That’s an outright lie! Dimensions is awesome!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Did you even read my post? I don’t like Disney because NOBODY CAN COMPETE WITH THEM.

I was talking to the dude who believes Disney doesn't own enough, not you

D

Deleted member

I liked the Sonic stuff in LEGO Dimensions a lot.
Same with the Midway content.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Marvel:
I'm sick and tired of people calling Infinity War a Crossover.
News Flash: It Ain't
Infinity War is a crossover because it’s numerous different established series coming together. Like, they’re in the same universe, but Iron Man and Captain America are diferent movie series. Would be strange to argue otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ok can the people who were on my side about the Infinity War thing actually support me maybe

D

Deleted member

Like, here’s a shortlist off the top of my head the properties that could be involved in a Warner Bros KH.

The Matrix
DC Comics
The Lord of the Rings
Beetlejuice
Harry Potter
Gremlins
The Goonies
Looney Tunes
Hannah-Barbara
Tom and Jerry
Cartoon Network
Midway Arcade
The Wizard of Oz

Would that not be awesome!
LMAO, Mortal Kombat. Well I guess MK and Scooby Doo would be in the same game. That'd please the memers.

Of course, and never once was the cis-prefix attached to anything. You sure you're not thinking of a chemistry class?
It really depends on the biology class. The subject of sex and/or gender was never touched in middle school or high school biology in my case. I've heard it was for some other people though. Though I really doubt it was taught in biology class at all if you aren't as young as Shish or I or are both 19 and graduated high school under two years ago.

Even then one shouldn't really be grounded to just what your biology class says anyway. As mine in middleschool did the whole evolution is "just a theory" thing.
Speaking of Marvel:
Yeah, they're all in the same canonical storyline so it really makes no sense, especially when the source comics are known to have said characters just casually around eachother. Heck I'd say the old Toho movies were more so crossovers back in the day because the Godzilla timeline was very, very vague.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Of course, and never once was the cis-prefix attached to anything. You sure you're not thinking of a chemistry class?
A quick google of just "cis" brings up nothing but cisgender definitions and chemistry definitions.

So yeah it's probably that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok can the people who were on my side about the Infinity War thing actually support me maybe
Kinda hard when there's nothing to support. You're arguing in favor of a wrong definition.

D

Deleted member

Kinda hard when there's nothing to support. You're arguing in favor of a wrong definition.
or am I?
Yeah, they're all in the same canonical storyline so it really makes no sense, especially when the source comics are known to have said characters just casually around eachother. Heck I'd say the old Toho movies were more so crossovers back in the day because the Godzilla timeline was very, very vague.

D

Deleted member

The users brought good points, tbh.
Although I feel that at best, the crossover is between the Avengers and the Guardians Of The Galaxy, since they never joined forces in the movies that came enough.
And that isn’t the biggest crossover ever, imo.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Infinity War is a crossover because it’s numerous different established series coming together. Like, they’re in the same universe, but Iron Man and Captain America are diferent movie series. Would be strange to argue otherwise.
I think for it to be a full crossover, the characters need to be characters that wouldn’t normally meet in a canonical sense, even if they do live in the same universe.

So, some characters from separate series could be considered crossovers while others interact more frequently and aren’t crossovers. So, it’s kind of muddled.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
people kept saying
Riku and Soras keyblade had a heart on it and I kept saing "************, where?" But then. I looked harder and lo and behold, the ****ing keyblad infact does have a heart on it
My_Great_Capture_Screenshot_2019-01-21_00-18-18.png

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sorry man. You're not on the right side of this battle you just made up.

It's a crossover.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like, the Mario vs Donkey Kong games don't just suddenly not count as crossovers just because Mario and DK exist in the same universe.

D

Deleted member

Like, the Mario vs Donkey Kong games don't just suddenly not count as crossovers just because Mario and DK exist in the same universe.
YES!
Like jeez those games were never crossovers lmaoooo

D

Deleted member

I think for it to be a full crossover, the characters need to be characters that wouldn’t normally meet in a canonical sense, even if they do live in the same universe.

So, some characters from separate series could be considered crossovers while others interact more frequently and aren’t crossovers. So, it’s kind of muddled.
The definition is fairly muddled, but I do think that’s a bit arbitrary. At its core, Inifntiy War is a ton of different properties (key-word there) coming together, therfore it’s a crossover.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine being such a ***** for a single corporation that the idea of competition in the market sounds bad

This post was made by the smart people gang
DFE3107F-FDD2-4DE8-8D36-8DB8424B03BB.jpeg
Speaking of Marvel:
It is...Marvel wouldn’t consider it a crossover otherwise (same with how they treat their comics)
I was talking to the dude who believes Disney doesn't own enough, not you
6B55927F-371A-4CE1-A95C-DA3EBF528109.gif
...boy you really though I was serious...

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense. For the same reason Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. is listed as a crossover for some reason. When Mothra's always a recurring character in the Godzilla series. She has her own films sure. But still.

D

Deleted member

Smash is still 1000000x the crossover Infinity War ever was
just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom