• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, I don't even care if someone does think it's a crossover. But man are people being so condescending that it is, especially when it comes to ganging up on one person.
It's ganging up on one person because it's basically only one person continuing to argue one side of an argument no one was having.

The debate itself is dumb and I'd like it if we moved on before feelings start getting hurt. Somehow. Because that's what happens on the internet.

D

Deleted member

The Civil War movie may have less characters than the comic, but at least they write the ones they use right. There isn’t any scene where you go “Wait, why did X character do something it would never do!?”. It also develops the main conflict better.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really despise the first Civil War because the conflict was started by something that goes against the personality and attitude of many characters and because it wrote characters like Reed Richards or Peter Parker doing stuff they would never do in any other comic. I even prefer the MCU movie way more.

You are right about the last Secret Wars doh.
Bright side for Peter is what’s going on now...aka Marvel and crew erasing OMD from the history books slowly
possibly even getting ready to kill off Aunt May due to her having cancer
But he did nothing wrong.
He made Spidey not feel so good...that alone makes that purple ****er the bad guy
I don't recall Marvel ever billing infinity as a crossover though. Almost like it makes no sense as all of those characters meet up in the same universe casually anyway especially in the comics. Movies of course are a lot more limiting in who you can just casually hanging around, but still.
The reason Marvel considers many of the teamups as a crossover is due to them mainly doing their own things (Spidey taking care of the streets, X-Men dealing with human/mutant equality, Howard the Duck being a lawyer, Avengers doing whatever the **** the want, etc.), so whenever they come together it’s more special (or atleast sometimes is...Marvel kinda abuses it now ever since the Avengers movie came out)
It's ganging up on one person because it's basically only one person continuing to argue one side of an argument no one was having.

The debate itself is dumb and I'd like it if we moved on before feelings start getting hurt. Somehow. Because that's what happens on the internet.
I am unbreakable

D

Deleted member

That makes no sense. It takes at least two people to argue. Especially since people were initially making non-arguments by saying "Yeah we're right because no one agrees with you".

D

Deleted member

Bright side for Peter is what’s going on now...aka Marvel and crew erasing OMD from the history books slowly
possibly even getting ready to kill off Aunt May due to her having cancer

He made Spidey not feel so good...that alone makes that purple ****er the bad guy

The reason Marvel considers many of the teamups as a crossover is due to them mainly doing their own things (Spidey taking care of the streets, X-Men dealing with human/mutant equality, Howard the Duck being a lawyer, Avengers doing whatever the **** the want, etc.), so whenever they come together it’s more special (or atleast sometimes is...Marvel kinda abuses it now ever since the Avengers movie came out)

I am unbreakable
I have to admit that the Spider-Man comics finally got good again ever since Dan Slott stopped writing them.

A shame that he had to show his hate for the character in a certain wedding comic released recently, doh.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That makes no sense. It takes at least two people to argue. Especially since people were initially making non-arguments by saying "Yeah we're right because no one agrees with you".
> Hey guys. Did you know the sky isn't blue?
> Uh. Yeah it is. Anyway--
> No really. It isn't!
> Look. It is. Now as we were--
> No really if you look at it through this specific pair of red glasses it's not blue anymore!
> ...are we really having this argument?

This is how the last two pages have looked to me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have to admit that the Spider-Man comics finally got good again ever since Dan Slott stopped writing them.

A shame that he had to show his hate for the character in a certain wedding comic released recently, doh.
I wouldn’t say he hates Spidey (he’s done way more good than bad, and fortunately OMD wasn’t apart of the bad), but that wedding comic was reasonable (some people just want a normal party))

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Are people really saying Infinity World isn't a crossover?

That's hilarious.
It's kind of a weird thing because all those characters exist in the same world to begin with and several have already appeared in each others movies. The characters themselves all exist in the same universe so in the story sense there isn't really any crossing over. Though on the meta outside the movie sense it's putting all the movie licenses together so it's a crossover in that way.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I care about regarding Thanos is that Death Battle got it right for once.

Darkseid would beat the **** out of Thanos, no contest.
Still confuses me why they didn’t use Darkseid in Justice League. I get that they want to build him up, but when you’re going to try and compete with the MCU, you pull out the big guns.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Still confuses me why they didn’t use Darkseid in Justice League. I get that they want to build him up, but when you’re going to try and compete with the MCU, you pull out the big guns.
Plot twist: Because they're gonna use Mr. Mxyzptlk instead.

D

Deleted member

> Hey guys. Did you know the sky isn't blue?
> Uh. Yeah it is. Anyway--
> No really. It isn't!
> Look. It is. Now as we were--
> No really if you look at it through this specific pair of red glasses it's not blue anymore!
> ...are we really having this argument?

This is how the last two pages have looked to me.
Are you tone death? You're clearly siding with the people calling the other person a moron for reasonable thinking, hey, maybe this movie with characters from the timeline leading the events of this movie, ISNT a crossover. Nor has it been called a crossover by Marvel from anywhere I've seen. I can see the perspective on why people would call it a crossover in that it's characters not meeting before meeting. But it's also pretty naive to shut out the other subjective view of it not being a crossover and saying "I'm right because more people in this thread agree with me".

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Same reason Avengers 1 didn't use Thanos.

Justice League could have and should have been much cooler. The villain was a primary problem but that came down to the writing. Swapping in Darkseid wouldn't have fixed it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I watched that with some friends for ****s and giggles and when I actually learned who the hell Darkseid is I audibly yelled "**** comics"
The fact that I live in a world in which the copy is more well known than the original is something.

D

Deleted member

Same reason Avengers 1 didn't use Thanos.

Justice League could have and should have been much cooler. The villain was a primary problem but that came down to the writing. Swapping in Darkseid wouldn't have fixed it.
That’s fair, I’m talking more about a marketing perspective though. I’m just not sure DC has the leeway to try and build up a villain, especially when infinity war was just around the corner.

D

Deleted member

Oh no I just don't know much about DC at all. Despite that I really want them to make good movies, where the **** is my Jaime Reyes movie and who the **** will be involved with it?
i just want a another good batman movie

is that so much to ask????

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i just want a another good batman movie

is that so much to ask????
Honestly I'm tired of the typical Batman stuff that they keep cramming out all the time, it's part of why I'm excited for the Beyond movie because that's actually very different from normal Batman.

Also didn't Justice League's post credit scene hype up ****ing Deathstroke? Deathstroke's cool and all but Slade isn't the kind of villain you hype up for the goddamn Justice League

Pakky

Smash Hero
Oh no I just don't know much about DC at all. Despite that I really want them to make good movies, where the **** is my Jaime Reyes movie and who the **** will be involved with it?
I kinda just want Superman to be a dude from Kansas and not Jesus cuz that **** is cringy.

Also Lex Luther is not Mark Zuckerburg… DC is terrible...

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I'm tired of the typical Batman stuff that they keep cramming out all the time, it's part of why I'm excited for the Beyond movie because that's actually very different from normal Batman.

Also didn't Justice League's post credit scene hype up ****ing Deathstroke? Deathstroke's cool and all but Slade isn't the kind of villain you hype up for the goddamn Justice League
Wait really? Most of the Justice League could tear Slade apart, a good chunk literally.

I kinda just want Superman to be a dude from Kansas and not Jesus cuz that **** cringy.

Being jesus I agree with being bad but honestly Superman should never be a dude from Kansas. A huge point of his character is how alien he feels on earth and him trying to find a legitimate place in earth's society. Making him a dude from Kansas would ironically take away one of his most human aspects, the want to belong

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Are you tone death? You're clearly siding with the people calling the other person a moron for reasonable thinking, hey, maybe this movie with characters from the timeline leading the events of this movie, ISNT a crossover. Nor has it been called a crossover by Marvel from anywhere I've seen. I can see the perspective on why people would call it a crossover in that it's characters not meeting before meeting. But it's also pretty naive to shut out the other subjective view of it not being a crossover and saying "I'm right because more people in this thread agree with me".
I'm not tone deaf. And I have not called anyone a moron. You're being antagonistic and putting words in people's mouths to fuel the fire. Please stop.

I like @GothFluttershy and he's by absolutely no means a moron. I'm not shutting out his subjective point of view. I've listened to it, considered it, and deemed it incorrect because it's an incredibly limited viewpoint made to be different with no other intention but to be different. As you said, it's subjective. Not objective. And this conversation is dumb because it's applying the subjective to an objective and expecting the objective to consider subjective objective. This isn't some turning point where we see the limitations of a word or a line of thinking and learn from it. This is bull**** made out of thin air. He and anyone else can feel free to continue to have the opinion, as it is their right, but no one else has to incorporate that opinion into his or her view. At all.

And frankly, saying that I'm on "this side" due to conformity and "everybody agrees with me" shows that you don't know me or what the argument even is.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel didn’t pull out their big gun for a decade...they decided to make it bigger while making other guns large aswell. Gotta constantly bring the hype
Antony Del Rio/:ultpit: for the live action role of Blue Beetle (he already voiced him in Injustice...how he looks alone would literally be a great choice)
Man, who changed this thread's title from Superhero Comics to Smash Bros Ultimate?

Zinith Zinith , how many accounts do you need?
U changed it...obviously
what even started the crossover topic anyway?
a person saying Infinity War wasn’t a crossover

D

Deleted member

what even started the crossover topic anyway?
Kingdom Hearts discussion, somebody brought up Warner, somebody brought up shared universes, somebody said Infintiy War isn’t apart of the crossover community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I kinda just want Superman to be a dude from Kansas and not Jesus cuz that **** is cringy.

I'm a complete baby when it comes to Superman but I feel you kind of NEED Superman to be a boyscout. One of the most powerful comic pages I saw was Superman stopping a train from crashing and immediately flying to a random building because he heard a phone conversation of a psychiatrist held up by the train and someone about to commit suicide, he proceeds to just hug the poor kid who's troubled and consults them. THAT is Superman

D

Deleted member

I want a good Green Lantern movie DC.

The Animated Series was a step in the right direction.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Wait, I thought they were setting up Deathstroke for a solo Batman movie? He's one of my favorite DC villains, but yea, he is not a great pick for a Justice League movie.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm a complete baby when it comes to Superman but I feel you kind of NEED Superman to be a boyscout. One of the most powerful comic pages I saw was Superman stopping a train from crashing and immediately flying to a random building because he heard a phone conversation of a psychiatrist held up by the train and someone about to commit suicide, he proceeds to just hug the poor kid who's troubled and consults them. THAT is Superman
And that is why I love Superman in contrast to most comic characters.

He's at his best when he's an ideal no one can match. It makes you feel like you want to match him.

I wish I could like this post twice.

D

Deleted member

You know who actually did nothing wrong?
Queen Chrysalis
@Mr. Wario help me out, I gotta go
Eeeeeehhhhh She's kinda sorta one of the most irredeemable villains from MLP, IMO. The comics make her look even worse.

Sure, Discord did some pretty bad stuff too, but he was never near as ruthless and cruel as Chrysalis. Discord used manipulation and trickery, while Chrysalis was outright gonna straight up kill anyone who got in her way. Like, Cadance probably would've died if Twilight didn't find her in those caves.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think you can kiss whatever DC movie plans you thought you knew goodbye. Just hang on and enjoy the ride :p

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wait really? Most of the Justice League could tear Slade apart, a good chunk literally.

Being jesus I agree with being bad but honestly Superman should never be a dude from Kansas. A huge point of his character is how alien he feels on earth and him trying to find a legitimate place in earth's society. Making him a dude from Kansas would ironically take away one of his most human aspects, the want to belong
I meant like in terms of having down-home values and a real simple southern attitude . Of course you shouldn't take away his feelings of alienation or his strict measures on having constraint when it comes to villains.

D

Deleted member

I'm not tone deaf. And I have not called anyone a moron. You're being antagonistic and putting words in people's mouths to fuel the fire. Please stop.
You called someone a moron through your own example of how you view the topic. You don't actually have to state it for me to get the memo. Maybe it wasn't your intent, but if it wasn't, it was sure a terrible example as it completely contradicts what you're trying to say.

I like @GothFluttershy and he's by absolutely no means a moron. I'm not shutting out his subjective point of view. I've listened to it, considered it, and deemed it incorrect because it's an incredibly limited viewpoint made to be different with no other intention but to be different. As you said, it's subjective. Not objective. And this conversation is dumb because it's applying the subjective to an objective and expecting the objective to consider subjective objective. This isn't some turning point where we see the limitations of a word or a line of thinking and learn from it. This is bull**** made out of thin air. He and anyone else can feel free to continue to have the opinion, as it is their right, but no one else has to incorporate that opinion into his or her view. At all.

And frankly, saying that I'm on "this side" due to conformity and "everybody agrees with me" shows that you don't know me or what the argument even is.
And again, I'm gathering what I'm saying considering who you're going after and who you put in such a shining light. Not the words that you're trying to convey because you can say whatever you want to sound like you aren't trying to be antagonistic or defending those who were trying to belittle. You say that this is a subjective discussion, which it is. But defend the people who think it's objective in your example as if they weren't trying to belittle ghothfluttershy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The thing about Superman is that he has a ton of avenues to be an interesting character but it feels like the movies go in the worst direction, and the comics only occasionally indulge. Superman’s purpose is to be a physical beacon of hope, and in the increasingly cynical and miserable world we’re living in, a character like that finds a whole new context. It’s a challenge to be so optimistic and hopeful. Besides, not every character has to be Frank Castle.
Oh, uh, Smash am I right lads?

D

Deleted member

I am also glad about the fact that this song is in a Godzilla movie, and a great one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom