• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A gun really shouldn't be compared to a thrown crab because one is an actual weapon and firing it at someone is outright attempted murder
I agree a gun isn't really comparable, but throwing a crab is still a serious attempt at causing potentially lethal harm. It's still a crime, and should be severely punished.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Question.

Why are we talking about permabanning instead of getting these people charged with criminal offenses?

Like Hyuga had everything needed to go straight to jail and it's not like the victim had qualms about bringing this up cause they did on social media.

Why dont people go to the police in cases like this?
In a lot of cases, in particular something like sexual assault where there usually aren't many eyewitnesses, it often comes down to fear of not believing the victim, in addition to the general growing distrust of the police. Cases like the crab thing where it was at a public event caught on video though, I don't really have an explanation for.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, if it's unintentional then I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. How else would you describe it?
Not everything unintentional is a glitch.
For instance, you ever see those videos in breath of the wild where link is riding on the side of the rock that he launched a long distance?

Not a glitch, but also not put into the game with that in mind. Just taking advantage of the game mechanics and physics.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Which is why I say they should be temporarily banned. It's not a small issue but it's also not an unforgivable one. I didn't even say how long they should be banned either, it could be from 1 to 10 years but permanently seems to be jumping the gun a bit.

A gun really shouldn't be compared to a thrown crab because one is an actual weapon and firing it at someone is outright attempted murder
Okay, I'll admit I might've gone too far with the gun comparison, but the crab still could've caused some serious problems. What if someone was allergic to shellfish? And that's not even mentioning the fact that crabs can be particularly sharp. It's still a crime, at the end of the day and should be punished as such.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We're talking 'bout how someone threw a crab at Hungrybox.

To be honest I feel REALLY BAD FOR HIM. IT WAS DANGEROUS. Aren't some types of crabs POISONOUS?
dead seafood in general is Dangerous pf

case and point, that time in kitchen hell where a person was sent to ER after eating a dead lobster

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

To be honest I feel REALLY BAD FOR HIM. IT WAS DANGEROUS. Aren't some types of crabs POISONOUS?
I... I don't think possible poisoning was the biggest issue in that situation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I mean. Even if they're poisonous that's not gonna be a factor. Poison doesn't affect you if its thrown at you.

The real danger is that it's hard and sharp.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
That opens up the avenue of getting away with attempted murder just because they used a Thinker Clock.
Murder is all about intent. Did the perp intend to kill? If so then it's (attempted) murder.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In a lot of cases, in particular something like sexual assault where there usually aren't many eyewitnesses, it often comes down to fear of not believing the victim, in addition to the general growing distrust of the police. Cases like the crab thing where it was at a public event caught on video though, I don't really have an explanation for.
What about a case like Hyuga where there were witnesses and a confession from Hyuga?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Crabs and Sexual Assault.

The two thing I always expect to see when I come on a forum based off a franchise where Nintendo & others third parties characters fight each others with bananas.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about a case like Hyuga where there were witnesses and a confession from Hyuga?
The only thing I can think of is further fear of victim blaming, as terrible as that is. Like, Vicky gets tons of flack already just for being a commentator who's a woman. If she ended up getting Hyuga to serve time, I honestly worry about what some of the lowlifes in the community would attempt, considering apparently HBox winning a match was grounds for attempted assault.

Then again, it's not really my place to speculate. I'm sure she had her reasons for not pressing charges, so I'd heed to the victim's judgment. Perhaps she thought the year long ban was sufficient enough justice.

Last edited:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
So .

Playing Mario party with friends and
DK was in first. He stole a star from me and EVERYONE ganged up on him till he had but 1 coin left.
I had an item to start a duel with by the last turn.

I could have gone for Yoshi and their riches.

But no.

I dueled DK for that one sweet singular coin on and oh boy

how the great fall

1E380FA3-4A51-4C6E-9D2B-B30EA3D8354C.jpeg

and I still earned second.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering lots of other cases of sexual assault, evidence doesn't really matter as people will still go "OH YEAH? I DIDN'T SEE THIS EVIDENCE SO IT MUSTN'T EXIST!" like with **** like Brent Kavanaugh, Vic Mignonga. CK Louis, John Lassiter, Tsunenori Aoki, R Kelly, etc.
Hell in the case of Tsunenori Aoki the guy was caught, got suspended and is now able to get his career back like the Ruoni Kenshin guy

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So .

Playing Mario party with friends and
DK was in first. He stole a star from me and EVERYONE ganged up on him till he had but 1 coin left.
I had an item to start a duel with by the last turn.

I could have gone for Yoshi and their riches.

But no.

I dueled DK for that one sweet singular coin on and oh boy

how the great fall

View attachment 211245

and I still earned second.
why you gotta do DK like that, He just wanted some Bananas

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Considering lots of other cases of sexual assault, evidence doesn't really matter as people will still go "OH YEAH? I DIDN'T SEE THIS EVIDENCE SO IT MUSTN'T EXIST!" like with **** like Brent Kavanaugh, Vic Mignonga. CK Louis, John Lassiter, Tsunenori Aoki, R Kelly, etc.
Hell in the case of Tsunenori Aoki the guy was caught, got suspended and is now able to get his career back like the Ruoni Kenshin guy
The same can apply for evidence that proves someone's innocent.

The court of public opinion is awful so why not avoid things like that and go to the police? You literally gave them another reason to go to the police.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
atlus gives sakurai the rights to persona 3, 4 and 5 all at once in exchange for one small favor, c. 2018

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The same can apply for evidence that proves someone's innocent.

The court of public opinion is awful so why not avoid things like that and go to the police? You literally have them another reason to go to the police.
Considering my example of Brent Kavanaugh had the White House severely limit the investigation to outright unreasonable **** and the Japanese examples having society seemingly act like nothing happen, it's always troublesome when a celebrity is involved as people who are in charge of that **** let it slide. Hell, Vic Mignonga was investigated and Funimation found evidence that made them want to fire him yet he's still around too

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
vaanrose also kicked down the door about 30 minutes ago and toriyah'd another jane theory
not so much interested in his post as much as I am starting a petition to make toriyah/doriyah a neologism in common lexicon and not just within the smash community

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Vic Mignonga.
Hold the phone up, wasn't the "sexual assault" against him proved to be took off proportion or made up?

Like, I swear I read that a woman that was against him was because he eat something the girl put in her mouth and didn't like it, and after Vic eated that thing, he made a bad, but inoffensif joke about it that caused the woman to take it out of proportion?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hold the phone up, wasn't the "sexual assault" against him proved to be took off proportion or made up?

Like, I swear I read that a woman that was against him was because he eat something the girl put in her mouth and didn't like it, and after Vic eated that thing, he made a bad, but inoffensif joke about it that caused the woman to take it out of proportion?
Nope. There are literally countless allegations for well over a decade and they even had multiple "Family Guy makes a joke about Kevin Spacey" things with Sean Schemmel and Sonny Straight having a made-up character who's name is almost identical to Vic's who's a pedophile and the Ghost Stories dub has a character assume one of the teenage girls get knocked up by a 'Vic Mignongna lookalike while yelling "Fullmetal disgusting is what that is!". And again, Funimation did an investigation, meaning if they found he's innocent they wouldn't fire him

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

There's enough strangeness going on that Vic is suing the company.

For better and for worse it's going to court.

The truth seems to be wrapped in lies. It just needs to be proven who was lying.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I mean, I personally know people who have been harassed by him.
Got a lot of friends who frequent cons, and even at the one I went to that Vic also happened to be at one of my friends told me they witnessed him harassing a high schooler or something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom