• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm

Lol just wait until the court case. Funimation are afraid that the truth will finally be revealed and their monopoly comes crashing down
Thats... really close to what people said about my dad...
There have been countless witnesses over the years, testimony from coworkers and an imvestigation by Funimation itself. The fact many studios were so quick to drop him is just proof the whole thing was already an open secret inside the industry and there's absolutely no reason for there to exist some sort of evil conspiracy against Vic that's been going on for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I already posted this in the Banjo thread, but in relation to the Duck Hunt/Swordfighter creashes a few patches ago, is there a possibility that Joker wasn't based off either now that we have a clear image of how he plays? He doesn't seem to correlate to Sword at all, being more similar to Sheik and Cloud. I'm thinking Swordfighter may be a base for Erdrick instead.

D

Deleted member

there's absolutely no reason for there to exist some sort of evil conspiracy against Vic that:s been going on for years
this is the kicker for me

why would so many people want to destroy his integrity and career for no apparent reason

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
There have been countless witnesses over the years, testimony from coworkers and an imvestigation by Funimation itself. The fact many studios were so quick to drop him is just proof the whole thing was already an open secret inside the industry and there's absolutely no reason for there to exist some sort of evil conspiracy against Vic that:s been going on for years.
I haven't been keeping up with the Vic thing, but I can say that I've seen people make other allegations against him years before the whole thing with Monica Rial. As a result, the more recent accusations aren't surprising for me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I already posted this in the Banjo thread, but in relation to the Duck Hunt/Swordfighter creashes a few patches ago, is there a possibility that Joker wasn't based off either now that we have a clear image of how he plays? He doesn't seem to correlate to Sword at all, being more similar to Sheik and Cloud. I'm thinking Swordfighter may be a base for Erdrick instead.
I don't know much about modelling, but does gameplay really matters much? I think characters' proportions are a bigger priority, like how muscular characters like Simon or Little Mac shares animations with Captain Falcon even though their playstyles couldn't be more different.

Miis have have cartoony characters, so I imagine they wouldn't be used as a base for a semi-realistic character like Joker anyway.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I don't think the Duck Hunt/Swordfighter theory holds any water to begin with.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Or maybe swordfighter isn't a base for anyone at all, and this theory was pretty much bunk in the first place

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So uh has anyone considered the possibility Jane might refer to Arsene
We already know Arsene's filename, and it isn't Jane
Thanks to Teeb in the Joker thread we know that Arsene's model was codenamed "Doyle" - a reference to Sherlock Holmes author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as well as a reference to Detective Conan who has a rival based on Arsene Lupin named Kaito Kid.

Also the model is gorgeous.

View attachment 210256

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
There have been countless witnesses over the years, testimony from coworkers and an imvestigation by Funimation itself. The fact many studios were so quick to drop him is just proof the whole thing was already an open secret inside the industry and there's absolutely no reason for there to exist some sort of evil conspiracy against Vic that:s been going on for years.
Nope the investigation was a farce as revealed in public documents.

And yes there's a conspiracy don't be naive, those senior positions that VIC had have now been taken over by the people accusing him.

Also funny you mention the companies like rooster teeth firing him because now there's some controversy there too and the CEO has stepped down.

As I said VIC is lawyering up abd tbe public documents have already been incredibly damming.

Cons are picking Vic up again and his career is back on track 100% he is the victim of a conspiracy against him

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone!
Today is a nice Monday, considering I am in a nice Spring Break.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Dont you know, its Guilty until proven innocent now not Innocent until proven guilty
Polpo.png

That's the thing.
A conspiracy between numerous voice actors including A Listers like Monica Rial and Chris Sabat, countless numbers of fans, Funimation and Sony that's gone on for over a decade is so ****ing whack.

D

Deleted member

I'm placing my bets on Jane being an Echo that's coming later down the line. I always thought Echo DLC made a ton of sense, so I wouldn't be too shocked if we saw a few be implemented as free bonuses.

osby

Smash Obsessed

And yes there's a conspiracy don't be naive, those senior positions that VIC had have now been taken over by the people accusing him.

Also funny you mention the companies like rooster teeth firing him because now there's some controversy there too and the CEO has stepped down.

As I said VIC is lawyering up abd tbe public documents have already been incredibly damming.

Cons are picking Vic up again and his career is back on track 100% he is the victim of a conspiracy against him
I have my doubts about the case but I really don't think there's a large scale conspiracy against a single voice actor.

Either way, I'd use 100% cautiously because nothing's set in stone yet.

D

Deleted member

Anyone ever heard of Moomin? They've been everywhere on my social media recently for some reason and now I want to watch it because it seems really damn cute
e7137b39-d63c-4c62-9803-9f67702463ba.png

D4BoenCWkAAelDC.jpeg

D

Deleted member

No honestly...
Hey man, if you need to talk about anything feel free too, we're here for ya.
Oh.
Jane could end up being a FeMC echo of Joker. I feel like that if it isn’t unused data then that’s the only thing it possibly could be.
Has the theory that it was just the team testing a ponytail model on Joker and that it's leftover from that been debunked yet?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 211257

That's the thing.
A conspiracy between numerous voice actors including A Listers like Monica Rial and Chris Sabat, countless numbers of fans, Funimation and Sony that's gone on for over a decade is so ****ing whack.
hey bruh, I said all I wanted to say on that so Im ready to move on to the next topic

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lol just wait until the court case. Funimation are afraid that the truth will finally be revealed and their monopoly comes crashing down
I'm not sure you understand what constitutes a monopoly or what a lawsuit for wrongful termination actually accomplishes.

D

Deleted member

If "Jane" is not mentioned all, then that basically deconfirms Jane in Smash, right?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So while i’m vacationing in Atlanta, I started playing Yoshi’s Crafted World. It’s a nice, laid back game. It doesn’t require a ton of brain power or concentration from me whatsoever.

I mean, i’m not currently going for 100%. That may be a Summer project.

In terms of sexual assault and the ongoing conversation this morning, I would simply say to listen to what the accusers have to say and that if there’s enough substantiated evidence, move forward with charges and what not. That should go without saying, but I do see why people would question the methods of people in authority when in previous situations, folks have gotten away with stuff they shouldn’t have.

However, I don’t agree with the “guilty until proven innocent” stuff either. That’s, like, the exact opposite of what we should be striving for. If we want a more “just society”, then the plan should be to bring more attention to it, and bring about justice the right way.

On the flip side, I’m really glad these issues are being brought more in the open because while it’s not something i’ve had to deal with, folks trying to succeed in the same field, place, or community I am shouldn’t have this sort of behavior impairing their daily lives, or viewed as acceptable. Unfortunately I think we’ll need more societal change before it really changes, and less of the “angry social media name calling” that actually makes things worse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uhh... why?
If Jane is not mentioned in the Persona showcases, then she is not going to be a main character, and Joker is the main character of his series.
If Jane is not a main character in the new game, then why put her in Smash over that new main character?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Jane is not mentioned in the Persona showcases, then she is not going to be a main character, and Joker is the main character of his series.
If Jane is not a main character in the new game, then why put her in Smash over that new main character?
I read deconfirms as confirms. My bad lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The fact that they teased her in the P5R reveal means that she's definitely gonna have a pretty big role in the game, and'll probably be prominently featured in the showcase.

D

Deleted member

The fact that they teased her in the P5R reveal means that she's definitely gonna have a pretty big role in the game, and'll probably be prominently featured in the showcase.
Wait, they did?

If so, then that makes Jane guaranteed for the main character slot of that said game!

D

Deleted member

She will most likely have some important role. She appears as the focus of P5R's teaser, she's not gonna be a random NPC.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone in here actually know vaanrose? I played mafia games with him in the past, and I remember he was making this game. He was a good sculptor.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and praline praline can confirm this. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom