• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
So .

Playing Mario party with friends and
DK was in first. He stole a star from me and EVERYONE ganged up on him till he had but 1 coin left.
I had an item to start a duel with by the last turn.

I could have gone for Yoshi and their riches.

But no.

I dueled DK for that one sweet singular coin on and oh boy

how the great fall

View attachment 211245

and I still earned second.
Chaotic good in a nutshell

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Considering lots of other cases of sexual assault, evidence doesn't really matter as people will still go "OH YEAH? I DIDN'T SEE THIS EVIDENCE SO IT MUSTN'T EXIST!" like with **** like Brent Kavanaugh, Vic Mignonga. CK Louis, John Lassiter, Tsunenori Aoki, R Kelly, etc.
Hell in the case of Tsunenori Aoki the guy was caught, got suspended and is now able to get his career back like the Ruoni Kenshin guy
The Rurouni Kenshin guy benefited from very lax laws in Japan regarding possession of that kind of stuff. To my knowledge he got the full extent of the law. The law just doesn't do much.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Really like Joker, not happy with the limited music selection can you unlock more songs?

Side note kingdom hearts 3 is really childish and too easy even on hard Imo. Very disappointed as a huge fan of the first two games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Rurouni Kenshin guy benefited from very lax laws in Japan regarding possession of that kind of stuff. To my knowledge he got the full extent of the law. The law just doesn't do much.
There's also the Toriko guy as he had sex with a minor and Japan outlaws sex with people under 18. He got jailed for it but got out and made a career afterwards

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's also the Toriko guy as he had sex with a minor and Japan outlaws sex with people under 18. He got jailed for it but got out and made a career afterwards
I thought the legal age in Japan was lower.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nope. There are literally countless allegations for well over a decade and they even had multiple "Family Guy makes a joke about Kevin Spacey" things with Sean Schemmel and Sonny Straight having a made-up character who's name is almost identical to Vic's who's a pedophile and the Ghost Stories dub has a character assume one of the teenage girls get knocked up by a 'Vic Mignongna lookalike while yelling "Fullmetal disgusting is what that is!". And again, Funimation did an investigation, meaning if they found he's innocent they wouldn't fire him
There's enough strangeness going on that Vic is suing the company.

For better and for worse it's going to court.

The truth seems to be wrapped in lies. It just needs to be proven who was lying.
I mean, I personally know people who have been harassed by him.
Got a lot of friends who frequent cons, and even at the one I went to that Vic also happened to be at one of my friends told me they witnessed him harassing a high schooler or something
Hmmmmmm...........

Alright, I'm not saying Vic is fully innocent, I still did hear alot of bad stuff about him, but I also heard alot of crappy stuff coming from others parties against him, with lies and made-up stories to make what he did worse than it truly is, so, until he is proved innocent or guilty by the court and more information are up.

I will just say this
and go off this discussion before something bad is said.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Side note kingdom hearts 3 is really childish and too easy even on hard Imo. Very disappointed as a huge fan of the first two games.
Dont worry, Critical Mode is gonna happen "Soon" as they say. Whatever soon is

I think it differentiates between provinces, last I heard

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Yeah kickvic movement got exposed. Just jealous co workers who wanted his job and made up Photoshop to try and discredit him. Fumination already imploding

Dont worry, Critical Mode is gonna happen "Soon" as they say. Whatever soon is
I hope so atm I'm very disappointed

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nope. People gladly push "Lol in Japan they're legal when they're 13" but as it turns out it isn't as no part of Japan actually allows that nasty ass ****. It's similar to "Lol Japan doesn't care about LGBT stuff" when there are multiple LGBT people in the Japanese government as of late (I believe at least 5) and Japanese people are sueing the country for not allowing LGBT marriage.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like Smash, I like anime, I like Japanese music, etc

But there’s a reason why I don’t typically involve myself heavily with the majority of those fandoms or communities, this social thread notwithstanding

*every* community has some proportion of really loud toxic folks, and a lot of the time what they do or how they act is basically inexcusable

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah kickvic movement got exposed. Just jealous co workers who wanted his job and made up Photoshop to try and discredit him. Fumination already imploding
Damn, not even ADV Films had a controversy that bad, and those guys had to split up their own company to evade the bill Sojitz saddled them with.

I like Smash, I like anime, I like Japanese music, etc

But there’s a reason why I don’t typically involve myself heavily with the majority of those fandoms or communities, this social thread notwithstanding

*every* community has some proportion of really loud toxic folks, and a lot of the time what they do or how they act is basically inexcusable
And of course, the toxic people are those that outsiders pay the most attention to.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No idea who the Toriko guy is.

I'm personally against, like, blacklisting convicted felons for life after they've served their time. If the time wasn't enough, change the law. Public figures are different-- giving someone famous their same job is essentially publicly condoning the actions-- but for normal people getting out after a sentence, getting any job is insanely more difficult, voting rights are stripped away in many states, and they're highly more likely to turn back to some sort of crime as a result.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nope. People gladly push "Lol in Japan they're legal when they're 13”
Yikes

Reminds me of the “it’s not weird to be sexually attracted to a child that looks like a child if they’re fictional” crowd except worse cause it’s real kiddos

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
im so sorry. it didnt have to be this way
View attachment 211252
I'd commit suicide too, if the series I was in got crummier animation in later seasons.

Yikes

Reminds me of the “it’s not weird to be sexually attracted to a child that looks like a child if they’re fictional” crowd except worse cause it’s real kiddos
As far as I'm concerned, if the girl isn't old enough to have proper boobs, it's a severe "no touchy". Nuff said.

e75.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope. People gladly push "Lol in Japan they're legal when they're 13" but as it turns out it isn't as no part of Japan actually allows that nasty *** ****. It's similar to "Lol Japan doesn't care about LGBT stuff" when there are multiple LGBT people in the Japanese government as of late (I believe at least 5) and Japanese people are sueing the country for not allowing LGBT marriage.
honestly this **** is so wack

i feel like people associate all the weird **** they see in like

anime

with japan as an actual irl country

it's so dumb

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's false to equate the hair vertex cache with keyframed joints just because they're both related to animation. They are fundamentally different systems.

A vertex cache animation only functions with the specific model it was created for. It cannot be ported to another model. You cannot change even a single vertex in the model, or the cache will break. But a joint animation, by contrast, is easily ported between every skeleton with the same naming convention, and it is standard practice to keep all skeletons in a pipeline built with the same hierarchy for this very reason.

If you've ever looked at modding Smash, you'll see this in action. It's very easy to attach any given model to another skeleton and have them use those animations. But many amateur modders are completely incapable of including face animations in their mods, because those are not handled by the skeletal animations, but instead by vertex shifted blend shapes. These cannot be ported from one model to the next, and have to be created entirely from scratch for the new model.

But it's a moot point, because the file that would be being reused in this scenario is not the animation. The animation is clearly labeled "Jane." It belongs to her. The file that would be being reused here would be Jack's character model, and as stated, that's just not how it works.
I think those are good points. He did add some other things yesterday too..
wilddvine is trying to find a case where they would've copied over the whole thing and used the files without renaming them. or quote:
"The developer working on this particular Jane file doesn't bother to change the Jackc06 file they're working in to simulate ponytail physics because it's still mostly Joker's file, and they're going to rename it to Jane once they're done anyways. However, the new animation is given a Jane name because it's an all-new animation that Joker doesn't have. "

So it's pretty specific and even if it's odd, there could maybe be a way for them to make the model on top of joker's and not bother changing the name of the files. I know it sounds weird, but I'm just trying to entertain the possibility.
Let's say that would somehow be something they somehow do, I suppose in that case it'd be a new model with the old animations aside from it, but I'm wondering what you think about that.

For me it doesn't make too much sense that they wouldn't rename the file even in that case. The development and modeling process is too big of a task and takes long, and especially at certain points they would make different iterations and need to share certain versions with the team, and it'd be confusing if they didn't at least add version numbers. Would they really add that to the file without changing the 'jack' part of the name? That'd be super weird.

And we can see from the file they found itself that there are version numbers and more numbers probably for other distinctions, so I'd find it hard to think that they wouldn't do the same for other character projects they're working on. That's my thought on it right now anyway.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I miss the time when we were talking about a penny and everyone was losing their mind over it.:4wiifit:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

anime

it's so dumb
On the other hand there’s an uncomfortable number of “I wish I was Japanese” weebs that refuse to recognize Japan’s dark past and refusal to acknowledge or apologize for it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

anime

it's so dumb
It'll get funny when next year's Olympics hit, just imagine all the outsiders who expect Japan to be hella weird, only for them to see everything be so clean and normal.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyway.

Check this out:

20190422_080320.jpg

Over a thousand new subs in a month.

And I didn't even post anything. :shades:

D

Deleted member

On the other hand there’s an uncomfortable number of “I wish I was Japanese” weebs that refuse to recognize Japan’s dark past and refusal to acknowledge or apologize for it
on the other other hand there's me

hi

i'm on a hand

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

anime

it's so dumb
everyone knows that if you enroll in a japanese high school and sit at the back classroom window, magical things will happen

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No idea who the Toriko guy is.

I'm personally against, like, blacklisting convicted felons for life after they've served their time. If the time wasn't enough, change the law. Public figures are different-- giving someone famous their same job is essentially publicly condoning the actions-- but for normal people getting out after a sentence, getting any job is insanely more difficult, voting rights are stripped away in many states, and they're highly more likely to turn back to some sort of crime as a result.
Hence the double standard people have in regards to these issues. High profile figures get off so much easier compared to your average person who's life is completely destroyed after something like that. It's so twisted and ****ed up but it still happens in the year 2019.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You really shouldn't use anime or manga of all things as an indication of what a whole nation is like.

D

Deleted member

You really shouldn't use anime or manga of all things as an indication of what a whole nation is like.
Could have told me that earlier, I already wasted my time creating a list of names for when I move to japan and find a Death Note.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Ok just real quick after seeing everything that's come out about DLC before and after Joker I'm just gonna make a hot take and say this is what I think our final DLC pack 1 roster will be:
- Joker
- Luminary (a bit controversial but most of our evidence is pointing to a DQ hero and not specifically Erdrick, and on a financial standpoint putting a more recent hero naked a lot more sense considering people can get the game if they're interested. Thinking this may also be a Corrin-style promotional pick kinda?)
- Leon
- Tales character/Nightmare
- Banjo-Kazooie

Also I'm pissed Vic is still Rohan.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yikes

I don’t get why people think it’s ok to say **** like this these days.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ok just real quick after seeing everything that's come out about DLC before and after Joker I'm just gonna make a hot take and say this is what I think our final DLC pack 1 roster will be:
- Joker
- Luminary (a bit controversial but most of our evidence is pointing to a DQ hero and not specifically Erdrick, and on a financial standpoint putting a more recent hero naked a lot more sense considering people can get the game if they're interested. Thinking this may also be a Corrin-style promotional pick kinda?)
- Leon
- Tales character/Nightmare
- Banjo-Kazooie
Putting in Luminary over Erdrick is like putting in Noctis over Cloud. It really doesn’t make sense, even as a promotional choice.

D

Deleted member

a bit controversial but most of our evidence is pointing to a DQ hero and not specifically Erdrick
what

most of our evidence does point to erdrick specifically

verge, tansut, polarpanda, and the codename

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd be pretty sad if Muppet Vision kicked the bucket, especially considering it was Jim Henson's last major project.
Relevant video for those interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom