• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sure if Smash 4 lived a while longer, someone probably would have thrown a lobster at a Bayo main by now.

D

Deleted member

Hey ok so the new Scoob and Shag chapter what the **** was that, like, guys??? King Crimson???

View attachment 211223
actually, you're right. i'm sorry, it just slipped out. i'm trying so hard to not let my minority slip out every now and then. the switch from minority to gamer is a tough one. i apologize profusely

D

Deleted member

What the **** were you guys discussing while I slept?
Anyways I would tape the increasing density penny to the increasing size penny and launch it into space. The dense penny would continuously bore into the growing penny so they should hypothetically cancel out.

D

Deleted member

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a crab is a good guy with a crab

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hope Sakurai nerf crab in next patch, Smash 4 Bayonetta? Pfff, what character can actually build percent in real life?

D

Deleted member

y'all sleep on Gun
Honestly, **** the Smash community. I brought out my pocket main, Gun, and only after winning the tournament they decided I should be permabanned. Bunch of babies who don't know how to lose, slowest draw always loses, *****.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey ok so the new Scoob and Shag chapter what the **** was that, like, guys??? King Crimson???
*remembers it exists and reads*

I feel like the author saw the huge number of people rapidly swarming into the fandom hurling guesses at the plot and just rapidfire confirmed every single thing people guessed in the span of a single entry.

. . .Well, not EVERY thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In regards to the crab throwing thing (Jesus I can't believe this is actually a thing)...

I'm fully in support of permabanning the asshole who did it, absolutely. That shouldn't be tolerated at all. But on the topic of "why wasn't X permabanned?" I'm more so happy we're moving toward positive change. I'd rather change the precident of not permabanning people than continue it.
Plus I do think the difference between this and Hyuga is pretty major. There's literal video evidence and dozens of eye witness accounts of this guy throwing a dead crab at Hungrybox, which is an immense safety hazard to not only HBox, but to everyone in the crowd if this manchild missed. Crab shells are sharp and hard as hell. There's also the fact that Vikky seemingly forgave Hyuga and was fine with him returning, so for what it's worth, I can at least see a case for lessening the ban if the victim feels the perpetrator has changed for the better. As much as I'd want him to be permanently banned and publicly shamed, I'm not the victim, so I think the victim should have more of a final say in the matter.

On a more memeworthy side, my favorite comment on the crab situation was when someone said "this is why items are banned at tournaments."

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
In regards to the crab throwing thing (Jesus I can't believe this is actually a thing)...

I'm fully in support of permabanning the ******* who did it, absolutely. That shouldn't be tolerated at all. But on the topic of "why wasn't X permabanned?" I'm more so happy we're moving toward positive change. I'd rather change the precident not permabanning people than continuing it.
Plus I do think the difference between this and Hyuga is pretty major. There's literal video evidence and dozens of eye witness accounts of this guy throwing a dead crab at Hungrybox, which is an immense safety hazard to not only HBox, but to everyone in the crowd if this manchild missed. Crab shells are sharp and hard as hell. There's also the fact that Vikky seemingly forgave Hyuga and was fine with him returning, so for what it's worth, I can at least see a case for lessening the ban if the victim feels the perpetrator has changed for the better. As much as I'd want him to be permanently banned and publicly shamed, I'm not the victim, so I think the victim should have more of a final say in the matter.

On a more memeworthy side, my favorite comment on the crab situation was when someone said "his is why items are banned at tournaments."
Wait. Are we talking about the Crabs from the Mario Bros stage? Wasn’t that stage already banned?

I missed out on this entire issue.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait. Are we talking about the Crabs from the Mario Bros stage? Wasn’t that stage already banned?
No, we're talking about an actual real life crab that was thrown at Hungrybox yesterday after he won Pound 2019.

I wish I was making this up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This crab throwing situation is the reason no crab pokemon has ever made an appearance in smash. How are they gonna be viable if their throws are so bad?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Why Thanos can't just change reality so that he doesn't have a butthole?
why wasn't thanos more specific in his wipe-out-50% snap wish

like 'wipe out 50% of the universe and also those costumed weirdos who will probably try to reverse this if they survive'

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
how do we know if thanos even has a butthole in the first place
If he doesn't have one, then all those memes we made were pretty much for nothing.
472552255560744960.png

What a horrible reality to imagine.

like 'wipe out 50% of the universe and also those costumed weirdos who will probably try to reverse this if they survive'
'cuz luck is the great equalizer.

Atleast that's what I heard from that one guy from DC.

D

Deleted member

Just woke up and this discussion is the first thing I see.

Yeah, seems about right for these parts.

D

Deleted member

This was calculated, this was planned. Guy should definitely be banned, it's completely childish, moronic and disrespectful, but I'd be lying if i said I didn't find this hilarious. Deadass carrying around a crab.

Oh, and sort of lost in this crustacean conundrum, but Leffen's not gonna take Ultimate too seriously anymore.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait. What! What is this, hockey! (Look up octopus and hockey, you’re in for a good time).

But this is just juvenile and wrong.
Oh, trust me. I have a brother who's seriously into hockey, I know all about the octopus throwing.

Anyways, back on the topic at hand, and yes, it is juvenile, wrong and downright uncalled for, and I won't be surprised if said guy is banned from such events in the future.

And for everyone's sake, I hope he is

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it's not like he thinks they're any threat to him

he struggled exactly once when thor rammed an axe through his chest, and that was when he was caught off guard

besides like half of said costumed weirdos are dead because of the snap (including two of their hardest hitters) so they logically should pose even less of a threat

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This was calculated, this was planned. Guy should definitely be banned, it's completely childish, moronic and disrespectful, but I'd be lying if i said I didn't find this hilarious. Deadass carrying around a crab.

Oh, and sort of lost in this crustacean conundrum, but Leffen's not gonna take Ultimate too seriously anymore.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Leffen thinks you can solo main anyone in Ultimate lmao

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Concerning solo maining, I think it's definitely possible with certain characters and win tournaments, but not many. There are a solidified 5 that I think are more solo viable than the rest: Olimar, Wolf, Peach, Pichu, and Lucina.

Characters like Snake and Fox are on the border for me.

Solo maining in ultimate is defo harder than other smash games, but it is still possible for top players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom