• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was playing with the language options and noticed how crowd in Japanese version calls :ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer: as "Shizue-san" and "Trainer-san" respectively while cheering for them.

That's cute.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
First of all, Chrono Trigger recently won a Famitsu poll of 'Favourite video game in the Heisei era' which is really impressive as almost every video game was in the Heisei era so far.

Second, wild how a guy throwing a crab is being considered for a permaban yet **** like Hyuga was only a one year ban
Yeah they should really be permabanning a lot of people. Apparently also including Hungrybox.

Crab chuck is a pretty hilarious exemplification of how some Smash fans act, though, LOL

D

Deleted member

Agreed..

Yeah..I mean, it'd be one thing if it was Yarn Yoshi, then it would look a lot more different then base Green Yoshi, but Felt Yoshi is just too similar looking to default Yoshi other then being more saturated in colour.
Up shut tennis ball Yoshi is best Yoshi

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Morning yall
Sorry for my tantrum yesterday.
Hope I wasn't Blocked by too many people

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah they should really be permabanning a lot of people. Apparently also including Hungrybox.

Crab chuck is a pretty hilarious exemplification of how some Smash fans act, though, LOL
This on top of commentators at majors booing matches has been making people feel Melee players won't restrain bad behaviour anymore due to EVO. Granted that's a generalization but it's funny stuff like this is happening either way

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can The Penny become the mascot of this thread?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So about the crab chucking guy: who actually thinks that it's a good idea to bring a crab into a Smash tourney, and throw it at a competitor? Crabs are stong as heck, they could kill someone with enough force. What even went through his mind? And thirdly, what was he planning on doing if H-Box lost? Man isn't doing great breaking the "Melee fans" stereoype.

Also, animal abuse.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So about the crab chucking guy: who actually thinks that it's a good idea to bring a crab into a Smash tourney, and throw it at a competitor? What even went through his mind? And thirdly, what was he planning on doing if H-Box lost? Man isn't doing great breaking the "Melee fans" stereoype.

Also, animal abuse.
Apparently the crab was already dead but whether or not that makes stuff better, idk

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Yeah, I wouldn’t mind it either. If the human designs were better I literally wouldn’t care about a potential relationship.

Or just fix ‘em up to look like the Sonic anthro’s and Eggman.

I’m not a fan of the Unleashed humans sorta... Dreamworks style? If the humans were designed by Uekawa then they would fit in stylistically with the, well... Uekawa designed characters.

Here’s what I mean. The characters that Uekawa-san designs a combination of the America “rubber hose” style (the style Ohshima-san created sonic and Eggman in) with a graffiti ideology for the purpose of communicating constant movement and an anime flair.

Look at the Billy Hatcher characters:

They’re designed exactly the same way he would design any Sonic character.
Oshima humans in NiGHTS were pretty alright
20181226180004_1.jpg
20181225175437_1.jpg
20181226182019_1.jpg

I think the cutesy dollish anime NPC characters from sonic adventure were perfectly fine too
Umakoshi would unironically work fine as a human designer since his humans are similar in terms of sonic characters

cddf077ad68ef16ba7073d6c08fe6b5b.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It suffocated on the Melee Stench™
wartime scientists spent years perfecting the deadliest toxic gases and chemical weapons, but little did they know an even deadlier stench could be found localised entirely within a tournament

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This textbook section gave me a bit of a laugh.

If an adolescent boy comes to school wearing a shirt with monkeys on it (as a friend of mine once did), and all his clique friends laugh at him all day (as we did), he will know better than to wear that shirt again (he didn’t) if he wants to remain part of their clique.

Free the monkey shirt.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so hear me out. In the Phineas and Ferb movie they create a dimensional portal device that sets off the whole movie and they have also created some of the most powerful superweapons known to man. Phineas and Ferb would obviously be able to murder thanos with absolute ease using the arsenal of deadly weapons that give them the power of every single avenger combined, such as a off brand Ironman suit or a potion that is so potent it caused the entire universe to be enlarged. They have even made 2 fighting mechs out of a treehouse that are the size of a building. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That depends on whether popularity or consistency reigns supreme, I'd wager.
late reply at this point, but i'd figure simon/richter set a precedent much more for leon/claire than leon/jill - the more unique secondary character, alucard, was relegated to assist trophy

if RE was base game and following castlevania's model, you'd probably see leon/claire with jill in a similar position to alucard

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok, so hear me out. In the Phineas and Ferb movie they create a dimensional portal device that sets off the whole movie and they have also created some of the most powerful superweapons known to man. Phineas and Ferb would obviously be able to murder thanos with absolute ease using the arsenal of deadly weapons that give them the power of every single avenger combined, such as a off brand Ironman suit or a potion that is so potent it caused the entire universe to be enlarged. They have even made 2 fighting mechs out of a treehouse that are the size of a building. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk
This is blatant Doofenschmirtz slander and I will not stand for it. The poor guy solves all their problems and Phineas doesn't even have the nerve to call him 'dad'

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
About my post on @JaiTheGuy about first party RPGs, or even JRPGs in general has gotten me think about Nintendo's track record on their own RPGs. Which is kind of odd since RPGs is a very popular genre in Japan.

It seems that Nintendo in house devs has never been fond with making RPGs, Mother/Earthbound is probably the only RPG that's close to Nintendo in house develop but that game series was handled by HAL and the now Creatures Inc for the most part.

It's shame how Camelot has yet to make another Golden Sun game ever since the DS... and Pokemon was the only RPG blockbuster from Nintendo... for the most part. Fire Emblem did gain popularity thanks to Melee but it was nearly dead until Awakening was released... (I mean Intelligent Systems were being told from Nintendo that if Awakening sold under 250,000 copies they would shut down the series... like seriously?!) so.... yeah...this showed even more how Nintendo was really kind of like EA when it comes to their own RPG IPs...

Therefore it was an intelligent move where Nintendo bought Monolithsoft in 2007 and release Xenoblade Chronicles in 2010 on the Wii. Even though it didn't sold well, it was still one of the best RPG from Nintendo in the 2010s. Then again, Xenoblade Chronicles is an action RPG not a traditional one.

So while Nintendo's only weak spot for now is RPG, this give other studios' RPG shine, especially back in the SNES days with DQ and FF series, and N64 despite it got moderate success... N64 was one of the few Nintendo consoles that actually "failed" in Japan because it lacked any RPGs, GC got Resident Evil sure... but after that there weren't any big RPGs on the console, same with Wii until the very late of its life cycle with Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and Last Story, that also makes me want to mention that Wii U didn't fail because of lacking third party, it didn't get any much Japanese dev support either compare to 3DS.

Regarding Nintendo Switch in my opinion is where RPGs REALLY starts to kick off (Again...) on Nintendo's home console since SNES era, you have Mario + Rabbids which I wouldn't blame anyone mistaken this game as an Nintendo developed RPG and it's one of the best selling third party game and RPG on NS that's not Pokemon. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 by far not only the best selling Xeno game but also the best selling Monolithsoft game. Octopath Traveler exceeded beyond SE expectation to the point where they issue two apologies for whatever reason. Then last year since we get many RPGs from Ys VIII to Valkyria Chronicles... and upcoming games we have the freaking DQ XI (The first NS game to ever be announced on the platform...), Astral Chain (Not really RPG but still) more FF games, and Pokemon Sword/Shield, and I bet they will all sell well on NS.

So when it comes to RPGs, don't count on Nintendo first party please... or not on any kind of genre to be honest...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is blatant Doofenschmirtz slander and I will not stand for it. The poor guy solves all their problems and Phineas doesn't even have the nerve to call him 'dad'
why can't doof just make a thanosdisappear-inator

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Umakoshi would unironically work fine as a human designer since his humans are similar in terms of sonic characters
Huh... now I FINALLY understand why my sis likes those PreCure series because the series and DoReMi are from the same artist... which even I used to enjoy pretty much back in the day.
everyone always asks why the crab-chucker threw a crab

:098::098::098:
melee is dead
:098::098::098:
Is this a Crab Rave meme? lol

D

Deleted member

melee players be like

"yeah melee is the PERFECT viewing experience. nothing can EVER top it. it's such a freeform game that can be played however you want"

*guy plays defensively and becomes the best player on the planet*

"lol let's throw a crab at him"

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
melee players be like

"yeah melee is the PERFECT viewing experience. nothing can EVER top it. it's such a freeform game that can be played however you want"

Minus the crab thing, that's probably a lot of competitive gaming communities.

I don't know if anyone else has something similar but I don't think the crab thing will ever be dropped.

Just hope we get some good memes out of it.

D

Deleted member

Minus the crab thing, that's probably a lot of competitive gaming communities.

I don't know if anyone else has something similar but I don't think the crab thing will ever be dropped.

Just hope we get some good memes out of it.
most fgc are completely and totally okay with different playstyles and don't have that kind of attitude that the game NEEDS to be played how THEY think it should be played

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
melee players be like

Speaking of Melee... my 15 year old GC is literally collecting dust back in my old home... along with Wii... and Wii U until my brother got it back.

As for GC controller status, I got two in my room, bother are still usable but I did use some super glue to glue back some broken parts inside, and it actually worked. I used GC controller for Smash Ultimate and comparing to the Switch Pro there are three things better... :GCN::GCCN: and the:GCA::GCB::GCX::GCY: button GC controller is still the best for Smash hands down. Joy stick on the Switch pro just felt somewhat unstable compare to GC's :GCN:...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
most fgc are completely and totally okay with different playstyles and don't have that kind of attitude that the game NEEDS to be played how THEY think it should be played
You've never heard of anyone complain about camping, spamming, using exploits, using specific characters, weapons or combinations in other games?

D

Deleted member

You've never heard of anyone complain about camping, spamming, using exploits, using specific characters, weapons or combinations in other games?
randos online complain about it but it's like "why tf ganon sword so long" tier complaining not "**** the best player in the world for playing how he wants to be played, let's try and find a way to ban his playstyle competitively"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
randos online complain about it but it's like "why tf ganon sword so long" tier complaining not "**** the best player in the world for playing how he wants to be played, let's try and find a way to ban his playstyle competitively"
I've seen people complain about lots of things in many different communities. It's not even exclusive to multiplayer games now. You cheated the game and yourself and all that crap.

D

Deleted member

Only the weak are voted into power.

I seized my crown from the cold corpse of my master. The rule of two. When the master shows sign of weakness, it is the apprentice’s responsibility to wrest control from them. This is how my order maintains strength; this is how we cull weakness. It would be an insult to be voted queen.
So you consider a forceful overthrowing a legitimate siccession of power?
First of all, Chrono Trigger recently won a Famitsu poll of 'Favourite video game in the Heisei era' which is really impressive as almost every video game was in the Heisei era so far.

Second, wild how a guy throwing a crab is being considered for a permaban yet **** like Hyuga was only a one year ban
Of course Gwen, after all, sexual harassment is nothing compared to... *Checks hand* throwing a crab at someone.
why can't doof just make a thanosdisappear-inator
"Behold, the Thanosdisappear-inator! Honestly, Perry the Platypus, I really don't know why I made this considering just one punch was enough to kill that guy. Didn't even put a self-destruct button this time so maybe I should just use it as paperweight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom