• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I just counted up every series that receives any form of representation in Ultimate as of 3.0. Be it playable fighter, stage, music, spirit, item, or cameo. There are a whopping 189 series that donate at least something to Ultimate. Sadly, five series that have previously received representation in older titles did not receive any form of representation in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

But banjo would be a big reveal because he was abandoned since then when Microsoft bought them and have never been used after the horror from nuts and bolts this is their chance to come back home their return would be huge. Besides there’s no Sony at e3 so neither Nintendo and ms alone together this is the perfect time to reveal them. Also the overshadow part would most likely be Xbox on switch.
Not necessarily, the character seems referred as a blindside, so I dont think its a character that is considered a lot like Erdrick or Banjo. Plus the fact that it is referred as big and would pretty much eclipse any other character, so I say Gordon Freeman and MC fit more that wow factor. This could very well mean that the announcement surrounding the character is something of real magnitude like Half-Life 3 in development or Halo MCC on Switch. I honestly dont really think Banjo would be that big of a deal unless the announcement means something like Threeie being developed by Nintendo or something of the magnitude. We'll see.

No Sony really doesnt affect MS or Nintendo so I dunno why people bring this up, if the announcement is MS and Nintendo related they would announce it even when Sony is present.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just counted up every series that receives any form of representation in Ultimate as of 3.0. Be it playable fighter, stage, music, spirit, item, or cameo. There are a whopping 189 series that donate at least something to Ultimate. Sadly, five series that have previously received representation in older titles did not receive any form of representation in Ultimate.
Those being?

You can't just say "I did this really cool thing" and then not describe it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As expected this happened
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Hbox vs Giant Enemy Crab is a crazy matchup. Interested to see how it evolves in 3.0.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Not necessarily, the character seems referred as a blindside, so I dont think its a character that is considered a lot like Erdrick or Banjo. Plus the fact that it is referred as big and would pretty much eclipse any other character, so I say Gordon Freeman and MC fit more that wow factor. This could very well mean that the announcement surrounding the character is something of real magnitude like Half-Life 3 in development or Halo MCC on Switch.

No Sony really doesnt affect MS or Nintendo so I dunno why people bring this up, if the announcement is MS and Nintendo related they would announce it even when Sony is present.
At the same time, it's also Fatmanonice. I really respect him, don't get me wrong, but he's the one who had us thinking it was between Geno and Sephiroth for the Square Enix rep based on one source that he alone touted as near fact. He further described a face off between Lloyd and Yuri that may or may not have happened, or at the very least hasn't been backed by any reliable insiders.

I wouldn't take his statements with anything less than a grain of salt.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Which five series did not receive representation in Ultimate but did in an older Smash game?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 211214

THE PENNY HAS BROKEN THE THREAD. IT HAS INFILTRATED THE LAYERS OF OUR IMAGINATIONS TO TAKE TANGIBLE FORM IN THIS DIGITAL WORLD. ABANDON ALL HOPE FOR IT IS LOST IN THE FACE OF THE PENNY.
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T TAKE THE PENNY SERIOUSLY

D

Deleted member

At the same time, it's also Fatmanonice. I really respect him, don't get me wrong, but he's the one who had us thinking it was between Geno and Sephiroth for the Square Enix rep based on one source that he alone touted as near fact. He further described a face off between Lloyd and Yuri that may or may not have happened, or at the very least hasn't been backed by any reliable insiders.

I wouldn't take his statements with anything less than a grain of salt.
Im taking it with a grain of salt but unless Im missing something regarding info, I really would think the character would be bigger given the statements. I don't really mind him but at least its interesting to ponder.

I'll trust you on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Those being?

You can't just say "I did this really cool thing" and then not describe it.
Doshin the Giant, Bit.Trip, Thru, Warrior's Way (Streetpass Mii Plaza), and Flower Town (Streetpass Mii Plaza).

All of these series previously had a trophy in Smash. No spirits nor music from their series appears.

Edit: in addition, bit Generations and English Training, which both received stickers in Brawl, are MIA.

Lastly, Bravoman, Tales of, and Shadow Land are missing as well. Bravoman and Shadow Land had music tracks in Smash Wii U, and the Lloyd Irving Mii costume represented Tales. (I presume this will come back at some point, however.)

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's been fun ****posting about pennies for four pages with y'all, but I need to go to bed now. I've got a long week ahead of me.

Wish me luck everyone!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you fools

1555920431807.png

you underestimated the penny, and now the penny has returned to seek its terrible vengeance

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Doshin the Giant, Bit.Trip, Thru, Warrior's Way (Streetpass Mii Plaza), and Flower Town (Streetpass Mii Plaza).

All of these series previously had a trophy in Smash. No spirits nor music from their series appears.
Counting Mii Plaza games seperately is cheating.

Besides, you miseed bit Generations (Art Style) and English Training.

EDIT: And I missed Bravoman, Tales and Shadow Land.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I somehow totally forgot Smash Wii U had a Commander Video trophy.

Also, what's Thru? I don't think I've heard of it. What did it have?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I somehow totally forgot Smash Wii U had a Commander Video trophy.

Also, what's Thru? I don't think I've heard of it. What did it have?
ThruSpace and SpeedThru. They had different names in America, like Ketzal's Corridors.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318

Probably means nothing but its intresting

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I once had neighbors who had a beagle named Penny. Maybe the solution is to give the penny pets and tell it its a good girl.
But then you just have two halves that grow in size every day. You've doubled the problem and now have half as much time to solve it.
Just gonna quickly correct your math here, if you cut the penny in half the total cubic volume between the two should remain the same as if they weren't split, and thus the penny would just continue to grow at the same rate.

The total surface area however would be increased, but that's inconsequential.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Stop abusing your Admin powers to spread lies, getting real tired of this site's staff abusing their powers for personal gain
Let it be known I don't recognize Cyn Cyn as my queen. I never voted for her and she took that position through a coup
Only the weak are voted into power.

I seized my crown from the cold corpse of my master. The rule of two. When the master shows sign of weakness, it is the apprentice’s responsibility to wrest control from them. This is how my order maintains strength; this is how we cull weakness. It would be an insult to be voted queen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

CHRONO TRIGGER CONFIRMED to be referenced by Sakurai

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Wait, why did he pick a stage that reference Chrono Trigger?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Counting Mii Plaza games seperately is cheating.

Besides, you miseed bit Generations (Art Style) and English Training.

EDIT: And I missed Bravoman, Tales and Shadow Land.

This is correct. There are ten series that are missing in action.

I forgot stickers existed because Brawl.

I shall amend my previous statement and documentation.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, my laptop finally broke. Great.

I guess I'm waiting to make that meme I was thinking about all day.

D

Deleted member

Im loving that there are some cool stages referencing older games. I wonder if theres a Lavos one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Edit: in addition, bit Generations and English Training, which both received stickers in Brawl, are MIA.

Lastly, Bravoman, Tales of, and Shadow Land are missing as well. Bravoman and Shadow Land had music tracks in Smash Wii U, and the Lloyd Irving Mii costume represented Tales. (I presume this will come back at some point, however.)
Perfect Daaaaaaaaark

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
First of all, Chrono Trigger recently won a Famitsu poll of 'Favourite video game in the Heisei era' which is really impressive as almost every video game was in the Heisei era so far.

Second, wild how a guy throwing a crab is being considered for a permaban yet **** like Hyuga was only a one year ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom