• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If a supernatural evergrowing penny were to wear pants would it be like this or like this

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alternative question:

If you have a penny that shrinks in size by half every day, yet kept the same mass the whole while, how long until I should be worried? Quick answers appreciated, my kitchen is starting to warp
Have it fight the ever-expanding penny.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo what if Thanos snaps the Penny?
We would have half a coin growing instead or it would disappear as a whole as it wasn't spared?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
oh my god i just looked back we've been talking about this for 3 pages

come on people let's keep the train rollin'

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Could you fuse the shrinking and growing pennies together to cancel both processes out?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alternative question:

If you have a penny that shrinks in size by half every day, yet kept the same mass the whole while, how long until I should be worried? Quick answers appreciated, my kitchen is starting to warp
What is its mass? I need to know if you want me to calculate its Schwarzschild Radius.

Or just multiply it with double of gravitational constant and divide it with square of light speed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yo what if Thanos snaps the Penny?
We would have half a coin growing instead or it would disappear as a whole as it wasn't spared?
I mean usually when I snap a penny the FBI comes to get me for destroying government property, and I’m pretty sure Thanos doesn’t wanna go back to prison

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What is its mass? I need to know if you want me to calculate its Schwarzschild Radius.

Or just multiply it with double of gravitational constant and divide it with square of light speed.
By the time he does that, Virginia Beach would be swallowed up by the penny

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A penny has Lincoln's face on it, so the answer is to have Proto Man shoot it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The ideal scenario in dealing with the penny is as follows:
  • People take it seriously Day 1. Everyone knows there's a penny doubling in size that will threaten humanity if left unchecked.
  • The World Powers agree to work together to deal with the threat.
  • Someone's got a rocket capable of launching the penny into space.
    • If no rocket is on hand humanity is pretty much ****ed.
  • Scientists run path calculations for the penny to send it into the Black Hole at the middle of the universe
  • On Day 1 (or 2, maybe 3) the Penny is launched into space and blasted with at least half the nuclear capacity of the entire world.
    • Instead of one large blast, have there be at least three, with some nukes following the penny far into space to keep it going
  • Hopefully the Penny is blasted far enough to the point where humanity remains relatively safe. Ideally it ends up in the Black Hole somehow.
  • If it ends up hitting some debris (which it surely will) hopefully it's not slowed down too much. Maybe turn some nukes into long range remote detonation missiles to keep it going if the penny slows down.
Of course, this is incredibly unlikely and humanity is likely ****ed if the penny can't be broken down. I give Humanity a 3/10 tops.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Sorry can’t talk right now currently crossing the event hori

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The ideal scenario in dealing with the penny is as follows:
  • People take it seriously Day 1. Everyone knows there's a penny doubling in size that will threaten humanity if left unchecked.
  • The World Powers agree to work together to deal with the threat.
  • Someone's got a rocket capable of launching the penny into space.
    • If no rocket is on hand humanity is pretty much ****ed.
  • Scientists run path calculations for the penny to send it into the Black Hole at the middle of the universe
  • On Day 1 (or 2, maybe 3) the Penny is launched into space and blasted with at least half the nuclear capacity of the entire world.
    • Instead of one large blast, have there be at least three, with some nukes following the penny far into space to keep it going
  • Hopefully the Penny is blasted far enough to the point where humanity remains relatively safe. Ideally it ends up in the Black Hole somehow.
  • If it ends up hitting some debris (which it surely will) hopefully it's not slowed down too much. Maybe turn some nukes into long range remote detonation missiles to keep it going if the penny slows down.
Of course, this is incredibly unlikely and humanity is likely ****ed if the penny can't be broken down. I give Humanity a 3/10 tops.
If the entire Earth took it seriously the second this penny spawned into existence, we might have a chance.

Of course, chances are it'd probably be found by someone who'd be like "oh neat a penny!" and then just keep it, not realizing it's getting bigger until at least day 3.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright guys I’m on the other end of the penny black hole.
Turns out you don’t die, you just end up in a coin jar

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>Penny

dude what the **** are you guys talking about, are you high or insane because you were waiting for 2nd DLC character reveal dont you

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Even if you don't use Yoshi there are other alternatives...

Or Red Mage Statscowski and using his portable a-hole and b-hole, then having them fall into each other so anything in them are removed from the universe entirely.

Don't question the hole names.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>Penny

dude what the **** are you guys talking about, are you high or insane because you were waiting for 2nd DLC character reveal dont you
It's 1 AM and I can't sleep, so now we're talking about a demon penny that'll consume the Earth if we don't stop it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If the entire Earth took it seriously the second this penny spawned into existence, we might have a chance.

Of course, chances are it'd probably be found by someone who'd be like "oh neat a penny!" and then just keep it, not realizing it's getting bigger until at least day 3.
You don't need to call me out.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What if everything is else also doubling in size at the same rate and so no one notices?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>Penny

Okay so consider this
There are two things, each worth one cent (USD)

One of them is quite close to you, and one of them is very far from you.

So the question is, which is the better mode of transportation? The penny near thing or the penny farthing?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What if everything is else also doubling in size at the same rate and so no one notices?
Well then that presents a whole new problem of either humanity becoming too large to live on the Earth, or if the Earth is also doubling in size, us getting too close to the Sun.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Okay so consider this
There are two things, each worth one cent (USD)

One of them is quite close to you, and one of them is very far from you.

So the question is, which is the better mode of transportation? The penny near thing or the penny farthing?
Reported post for inducing eye rolling.

osby

Smash Obsessed
>Penny

Don't know about you guys, but this is infinitely better than "who is Brave" and only slightly worse than "who is Jane".

And it's not rule 34 talk, which always a good thing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well then that presents a whole new problem of either humanity becoming too large to live on the Earth, or if the Earth is also doubling in size, us getting too close to the Sun.
No, everyting in the universe is doubling.
The Earth, the Sun, the Galaxies.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't know about you guys, but this is infinitely better than "who is Brave" and only slightly worse than "who is Jane".

And it's not rule 34 talk, which always a good thing.
Smash speculation? Nah. Let's talk about a penny.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There’s also the problem that humans themselves would just collapse under their own weight after a while.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There’s also the problem that humans themselves would just collapse under their own weight after a while.
A valid point.

So, if the penny's anomalous doubling spread to the rest of the Earth, we'd be ****ed for an entirely different reason.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maximum mass that can be withstood also doubles each time. So everything physical and non/meta also doubles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom