• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
To all of you saying you'd launch the penny into space: While that doesn't completely solve the problem, it does give more time to figure out a more permanent solution, so I'll give you points for that.
Does it have the properties of a normal penny?

If so, just shoot it into the sun. It'll melt.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Tfw no Faygo awake to tell us he would shove the penny up Thanos' butthole.
Screenshot_2019-04-01-10-37-22.png

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To all of you saying you'd launch the penny into space: While that doesn't completely solve the problem, it does give more time to figure out a more permanent solution, so I'll give you points for that.
What if we just sent it into the sun?
Full on Broly style.
Do this. Send a Rocket to get it into space, and then nuke it to send it flying into the sun. The sun would disintegrate it faster than it could grow.

Humanity wins 8/10, with the 2/10 for the Penny being if NASA can't get their **** together in time or if another country interferes for some reason.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
But then you just have two halves that grow in size every day. You've doubled the problem and now have half as much time to solve it.
okay then, I ask Phil Swift to melt it into it's chemical components. Either a: since it is no longer a penny, it stops growing, or b: I just proved some major scientific laws wrong, so I could likely fund a mission to send most of it to space. Scientests can keep some for studies.

why couldn't you just let me do "funny" meme.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
okay then, I ask Phil Swift to melt it into it's chemical components. Either a: since it is no longer a penny, it stops growing, or b: I just proved some major scientific laws wrong, so I could likely fund a mission to send most of it to space. Scientests can keep some for studies.

why couldn't you just let me do "funny" meme.
BECAUSE THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION, AND I ONLY WANT SERIOUS ANSWERS.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Btw, last night you guys said you were kind of interested in my X Rotation playthrough.

I'm at the first gym and currently this is my team.

This is just a start. Many more will join them.

I wanted to use Pokemon I've never used before and I'm just picking Pokemon I think are cool and Pokemon that seem fun to use.

Any questions?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If you launch it so it reaches enough velocity to leave the solar system and eventually the galaxy, it'll be travelling through infinite space which can deal with it infinitely doubling.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Clearly this penny isn't operating under natural penny laws. I say we try to exorcise it and see how well that goes.
I considered making a clause that "the penny also cannot be destroyed", but that got rid of, like, 90% of the answers.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Is it the molecular components what makes the penny double in size or does the object have to be in a certain state for it to expand. If the former, than melting it would still only make the various components expand even it's no longer copper or even in a solid state.

Either way, Yoshi stomach is the way to go :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Btw, last night you guys said you were kind of interested in my X Rotation playthrough.

I'm at the first gym and currently this is my team.

This is just a start. Many more will join them.

I wanted to use Pokemon I've never used before and I'm just picking Pokemon I think are cool and Pokemon that seem fun to use.

Any questions?
What is "Pokemon Rotation"?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Is it the molecular components what makes the penny double in size or does the object have to be in a certain state for it to expand. If the former, than melting it would still only make the various components expand even it's no longer copper or even in a solid state.

For the sake of the argument, let's say the penny doubles in size only when it is still recognizable as a penny.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Then it'll expand until Yoshi explodes from the inside, last i checked copper doesn't get melted my stomach acids.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For the sake of the argument, let's say the penny doubles in size only when it is still recognizable as a penny.
So if it's only observed by people who've never seen a penny, does it stop doubling in size?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here's a question for you.

Say you had a penny that doubled in size every day. Eventually, this penny would obviously grow to a point where it got too big for the Earth to handle it.

The question is, what would you do to or with the penny to prevent such a scenario from happening?

this post brought to you by: it's almost 1 am and i'm runnin on very little sleep so i'm delirious
Low earth orbit is 2000km
The diameter of a penny is about 19.05 mm or 0.0001905 km
0.0001905 * 2^x = 2000
2^x =~ 10498687.66
Log2(10498687.66) = ~23.32

So it would take 23.32 days for it to reach low earth orbit, if rested on its edge. Hopefully my sleepy half deluded mathematics isn’t wrong but it almost certainly is lol

Of course, it would get “too big” before then, so maaaaaybe take away like, 5 days. So, 18 days to figure out what to do with it

The answer, obviously, is to put it in Thanos’s asshole

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So if it's only observed by people who've never seen a penny, does it stop doubling in size?
By "recognizable as a penny", I mean recognizable as a concept.

Even if nobody on Earth recognized it as such, it is still a penny, and thus would continue to double in size.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question for you.

Say you had a penny that doubled in size every day. Eventually, this penny would obviously grow to a point where it got too big for the Earth to handle it.

The question is, what would you do to or with the penny to prevent such a scenario from happening?

this post brought to you by: it's almost 1 am and i'm runnin on very little sleep so i'm delirious
I would find a way to destroy it. I would put it under extreme heat and pressure.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay, then it seems to be relatively easy to take care of. Just melt it...

Then it'll expand until Yoshi explodes from the inside, last i checked copper doesn't get melted my stomach acids.
I should remind you that depending on the game, Yoshi can just eat thingss endlessly without it affecting his size (implying hammerspace), or they get turned into different properties (Star Bits, Power Moons, etc.) :yoshi:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, hard mode: Assume the penny cannot be destroyed. No matter what you do to this thing, it will still be a full, intact penny, and thus will continue to double in size.

What do you do then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom