• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I met her at the college I used to go to before I dropped out (I transferred into a new one later). She was my “friend”’s girlfriend at the time; said friend is a little twerp and treated her nasty and we ended up getting close.

After a long process of me screwing up over and over because of my difficulties that I developed in the process of growing up, I bought her a stromboli one day and the rest is history

What kind of monster would put milk first

Cereal first is my answer
Glad you asked.

D

Deleted member

Oh, don't look at my old posts.
You will literally feel your life being ripped out of you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've got some time to kill so I made a first attempt at a Fire Emblem Fighters roster:
Since there are so many Fire Emblem games I tried to keep it down to around four-six fighters per game for a total of 55 characters. Obviously there'd be a lot of assist characters. The Altea, Tellius, and Jugdral games are combined since they're direct continuations of one another and don't add many characters (except Radiant Dawn), making the total amount of games 12. Blazing Sword and Binding Blade are also semi-combined for a total of 9 characters between them.

Altea
  • Marth (Rapier Sword)
  • Caeda (Wing Spear)
  • Tiki (Young Manakette)
  • Linde (Elegant Light Mage)
  • Camus (Cavalry Lance)
  • Hardin (Armor Lance)
Jugdral
  • Sigurd/Seliph (Cavalry Sword)
  • Diedre/Julia (Divine Mage)
  • Lewyn (Wind Mage)
  • Arvis (Hell Fire Mage)
  • Lief (Single-Handed Light Sword Wielder)
  • Finn (Cavalry Lance)
Tellius
  • Ike (Two Handed Broadsword)
  • Sothe (Knives)
  • Micaiah (Explosive Light Mage)
  • Black Knight (Armor Sword)
  • Tibarn (Falcon Shapeshifter)
  • Nephenee (Infantry Lance)
Awakening
  • Chrom (Rugged sword)
  • Lucina (Mix between Marth and Chrom)
  • Robin (Jack of all trades - alternates between weapons/classes)
  • Frederick (Cavalry Axe)
  • Tiki (Aged Manakette)
  • Owain (Showy Sword, think Shonen anime hero swordfighter)
Valentia
  • Celica (Magic Sword)
  • Alm (Sword and Buckler)
  • Berkut (Heavy Cavalry Lance)
  • Saber (Dagger)
  • Faye (Rugged Archer)
  • Mae (Fast Lightning Mage, some attacks involve forcing Boey, who uses heavy wind magic, into the fight)
Fates
  • Corrin (Dragon Sword)
  • Azura (Dancing Lance)
  • Camilla (Flying Axe)
  • Takumi (Formal Archer)
  • Felicia (Maid Dagger/Knife)
  • Leo (Cavalry Nature Magic)
Blazing Sword/Binding Blade
  • Lyn (Samurai-esque Sword, has Bow Attacks)
  • Eliwood (Alternates between Rapier and Heavy-One Handed Sword)
  • Hector (Fast Armor Axe)
  • Nino (Blade Mage)
  • Athos (Divine Mage)
  • Matthew (Pickpocket Thief - Blade)
  • Roy (Explosive Fire Sword)
  • Lillina (Explosive Fire Magic)
  • Merlinus (Throws **** out of his convoy I don't know he's the joke character)

Sacred Stones
  • Eirika (Thunder Rapier)
  • Ephraim (Fire Lance)
  • Innes (Trap-setting Archer)
  • Lute (Anima Mage)
  • Lyon (Corruptive Dark Mage, uses Formortis for some attacks)
  • Amelia (Trainee, ranks up in battle a lá Frank West in MvC3)

Misc
  • Anna (uses moves from pretty much everyone)
  • Blyeth (attacks with the Three Houses Lords)
  • Kiran (Summons heroes for attacks)
  • Itsuki (Magic Marth)
Thoughts?
Figured I'd go through the whole thing, but it just takes time. :p

First up, Archanea. All of your choices make a lot of sense, but there is one glaring omission, and that's Minerva. Considering how relatively popular and integral she is to Archanea, as well as being the de-facto character for Macedon, I think she should be there. The issue is, of course, six slot syndrome, but at the very least I think she'd out-prioritize Linde. Otherwise Camilla would be the only character fighting on wyvernback, too. And it'd act as a way to get the Whitewings as assists. All in all though, good stuff.

Valentia time. A lot of good stuff here. Three for Celica and three for Alm. Outside of Faye who I touched on before, character selection is on-point. I'd mention Clive since he's really important and I really like him, but my god he's almost embarrassingly unpopular according to CYL. RIP Clive. Only issue is that Saber being a dedicated dagger user isn't great. I swear the Golden Dagger might be one of the worst misnomers they could've given the sword lol.

Jugdral time. For a combined Jugdral roster, it's fine. Main things missing would be Nordion representation in general, be it Lachesis, Eldigan, Ares, or Nanna. But again, six slot syndrome. Though, if you're including Seliph and Julia as, presumably, alts for their parents, you could maybe go the extra mile and add Julius and Ced for Arvis and Lewyn, respectively. :p Julius may be a bit too different though.

I like your choices for a combined Elibe, but Ninian's omission is pretty glaring. She might be able to get a cool ice dragon set, no pun intended. I definitely think she'd out prioritize Matthew at least, but I love him so don't do that lol. Maaaaaybe Athos? I don't know. Honorable mention to Cecilia for being the next best Binding Blade option though.

Magvel, baby. Eirika, Ephraim, Lyon because of course. Innes is there since he's popular and important (I'm assuming Tana's his assist?). Lute is also popular. Not really feeling Amelia considering some of the other characters left out though, like L'Arachel and Joshua. Plus I think the Ram Villager concept you brainstormed would be a better showcase of the Villager class anyway. Other than that, good stuff.

Tellius. Ike, Micaiah, Black Knight, and Sothe are all great picks. Tibarn is a good pick for a Laguz, though Ranulf or Caineghis would work too. And technically he's a hawk not a falcon, lol. Nephenee is really popular and would be the only playable Soldier here, but I can't help but think there were more important characters left out in favor of her, namely Elincia and some of the other Greil Mercenaries like Soren and Titania.

Awakening! Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Frederick, all good picks. Owain is awesome, and a really popular character. I think having both Tikis is also completely justified, but others may disagree. Tenouttaten.

Fates though. Honestly I can't get behind Xander and Ryoma not being there, as the faces of Nohr and Hoshido. That's my biggest issue, I think. Also yay Felicia.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What exactly does that mean?
It means the loss of other alternatives when one alternative is chosen. It's considered as one of the prime reasons of difficulty of making choices in economical psychology.

D

Deleted member

What kind of monster would put milk first

Cereal first is my answer
Anyone who puts milk first probably sleeps on their blanket rather than being covered by the blanket.
I am a cereal first person too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What exactly does that mean?
It’s more valuable to me to spend time doing that in lieu of vouching in favor of the character. Alternatives etc

I would probably be saying the same stuff even if “all signs” didn’t point to Erdrick being in

In other words, I don’t say it as a response to the consensus of everyone else, I say it because I put a little too much value in the brownie points for sticking to my guns and ending up right.

I do typically like to bet on the underdog, but it’s not usually to spite anyone or the consensus, it’s just cause i feel like it’s better use of my speculative time to try and find angles to support an unlikely outcome than harp on about the likely outcome by saying the same things 400 people have said already.

Have you seen the link?

If an opponent on a UNO match is about to win and you have the +4 Card, would you use it against them despite not needing to change color?
It depends on if you’re a god damned square and follow the official rules, or you’re a real gentleman and follow the house rules.

I would in fact use it against them because friends don’t exist in UNO

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It means the loss of other alternatives when one alternative is chosen. It's considered as one of the prime reasons of difficulty of making choices in economical psychology.
Well, right, I've heard of the term, I just don't quite understand how it relates to belief in Erdrick or not.

Like, ultimately whether we believe or not, the next character's just going to come anyway right, regardless of whether it's Erdrick or not.

EDIT: Welp nevermind he just responded to that.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It’s more valuable to me to spend time doing that in lieu of vouching in favor of the character. Alternatives etc

I would probably be saying the same stuff even if “all signs” didn’t point to Erdrick being in

In other words, I don’t say it as a response to the consensus of everyone else, I say it because I put a little too much value in the brownie points for sticking to my guns and ending up right.

I do typically like to bet on the underdog, but it’s not usually to spite anyone or the consensus, it’s just cause i feel like it’s better use of my speculative time to try and find angles to support an unlikely outcome than harp on about the likely outcome by saying the same things 400 people have said already.
I can respect that viewpoint. Certainly feels nice to stick to your guns, especially when that proves to be the right idea in the end.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That would be a weird way to meet you, though we’ve probably crossed paths once or twice
How many people do you think you've already seen for the last time?

How many places do you think you've already visited for the last time?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That would be a weird way to meet you, though we’ve probably crossed paths once or twice
**** fam If we did pass by eachother Im going to have a fit. Tho idk if we went to TCC at the same time. I spent most of my time in the game room though

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
BECAUSE THEY ALL ****ING SUCK AND YOU'RE FORCED TO LISTEN TO THEM WITH NO POSSIBLE WAY TO SKIP THEM, SO YOU JUST HAVE TO SIT THERE AND LISTEN TO HER STUPID ****ING VOICE DRONE ON AND READ HER ****TY WRITING THAT CAN'T EVEN BE CONSIDERED REAL POETRY

View attachment 211206
IT'S AN ENDEARING CHARACTER TRAIT YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, right, I've heard of the term, I just don't quite understand how it relates to belief in Erdrick or not.

Like, ultimately whether we believe or not, the next character's just going to come anyway right, regardless of whether it's Erdrick or not.

EDIT: Welp nevermind he just responded to that.
Yeah it’s more about how I choose to spend my time and less about his actual “chances” or beliefs or whatever. It’s 2 am and I just chose to describe it in economic terms lol

How many people do you think you've already seen for the last time?

How many places do you think you've already visited for the last time?
This is quite a deep set of questions that I can’t give a specific number answer for.

“Very many”? Countless amounts of people, acquaintances included... countless places visited, despite mostly staying in my area...

shiiit fam If we did pass by eachother Im goibb to have a fit. Tho idk if we went to TCC at the same time. I spent most of my time in the game room though
I went to TCC very very briefly, and dropped out cause I oof’d and had a depression spike or something, and it wasn’t the VA Beach campus haha

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
damn, yeah you never saw me them

Yeah I failed math about 5 times. Made me wanna blow my brains out
Lol, surely you go other places than there though that I may have seen you? Like, I am at the mall a lot

Though I would get if you hate malls cause I’m starting to also lmao

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
IT'S AN ENDEARING CHARACTER TRAIT
It's a GIMMICK.

You know what was more of an endearing character trait than Marie's stupid poetry?
Patches the Spider leading me into a trap and kicking me down a hole where he waits for me to get mauled and die so he can loot my lifeless corpse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Goodnight, SmashBoards. I mean EtrainOdysseyBoards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Double K

Smash Lord
It's a GIMMICK.

You know what was more of an endearing character trait than Marie's stupid poetry?
Patches the Spider leading me into a trap and kicking me down a hole where he waits for me to die to loot my body.
Persona as a series just kind of relies a bit too heavily on gimmicks replacing character traits.

Like Yukiho's laugh

or Ann being American

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Lol, surely you go other places than there though that I may have seen you? Like, I am at the mall a lot

Though I would get if you hate malls cause I’m starting to also lmao
I rarely even leave my house pfff. By mall, do you mean Lynhaven Mall? if so, yeah I dont go there much. If I do, its to Hot Topic or with my friend if we are seeing a movie there

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's a question for you.

Say you had a penny that doubled in size every day. Eventually, this penny would obviously grow to a point where it got too big for the Earth to handle it.

The question is, what would you do to or with the penny to prevent such a scenario from happening?

this post brought to you by: it's almost 1 am and i'm runnin on very little sleep so i'm delirious

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

It depends on if you’re a god damned square and follow the official rules, or you’re a real gentleman and follow the house rules.

I would in fact use it against them because friends don’t exist in UNO

Now for sum more serious stuff.
Considering you are into the drawing world.
Do you have any longterm project? In other words: an ambitious concept you wanna draw but you are pushing foward because you wanna improve on "X" aspect or "Y" technique before tackling the idea in your mind

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Say you had a penny that doubled in size every day. Eventually, this penny would obviously grow to a point where it got too big for the Earth to handle it.

The question is, what would you do to or with the penny to prevent such a scenario from happening?

this post brought to you by: it's almost 1 am and i'm runnin on very little sleep so i'm delirious
give it to NASA so they can shoot it off to space and where it can grow to be its own planet

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona as a series just kind of relies a bit too heavily on gimmicks replacing character traits.

Like Yukiho's laugh

or Ann being American
Yeah man, what was up with those glasses...

Anyway, I will say one thing...
At least it's not XCX Tatsu and Lin making the same joke over the course of a 50 hour JRPG.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Use a press to reshape it like a dong and just let it grow until it ****s this Earth.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Give it to NASA to throw far into space.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now for sum more serious stuff.
Considering you are into the drawing world.
Do you have any longterm project? In other words: an ambitious concept you wanna draw but you are pushing foward because you wanna improve on "X" aspect or "Y" technique before tackling the idea in your mind
Besides the dumb comic I was excited to do for the thread (and am not feeling it anymore since it seems the gimmick’s popularity waned quicker than I expected), I am actually super into my idea of some of the cast of XC2 being in a band, so lots of art for that. Concept art, scenes, even storyboards for when I decide to animate the first video.

I uh... need to work on a lot beforehand though. Anatomy, control, precision, etc

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

I'd find phil swift and ask him to saw it in half as needed.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'd find phil swift and ask him to saw it in half as needed.
But then you just have two halves that grow in size every day. You've doubled the problem and now have half as much time to solve it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a GIMMICK.
*deep breath*

"Gimmick" is just a lazy catch all term for lazy people to describe badly done character traits or character traits they personally don't like.

*deep breath*

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Ever watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Eat it.

Hammerspace works wonders...

Iridium

Smash Hero

I would say burn it, but the law would get me first.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To all of you saying you'd launch the penny into space: While that doesn't completely solve the problem, it does give more time to figure out a more permanent solution, so I'll give you points for that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To all of you saying you'd launch the penny into space: While that doesn't completely solve the problem, it does give more time to figure out a more permanent solution, so I'll give you points for that.
What if we just sent it into the sun?
Full on Broly style.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hand it over to nasa or the Government and hope they deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom