• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It’s the way our ancient order grows more powerful. Inheriting power makes our order weak.
Forceful taking over power probably makes your order weaker. Your order single-handedly destabilizes the power structure at least every year, changes your policy proposals so often nothing actually happens, and failing to be held accountable to the masses makes either tyranny or anarchy exceedly likely. Just get a parliment or something like the other guys.

D

Deleted member

Oh, trust me. I have a brother who's seriously into hockey, I know all about the octopus throwing

Octopus throwing

What sick and twisted villain of pure evil would commit such an unforgivable act?

This goes against everything I stand for!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Should crab guy be permanently banned from events? Yeah. Should he be permabanned? Hell ****ing no. If yeeting one(1) crustacean is enough to get you permabanned from tournaments than half of the Smash community shouldn't even exist. And besides, banning the crab guy before any of the actual dangerous individuals inside the Smash community is a little bit of, uhm, skewed priorities

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It’s the way our ancient order grows more powerful. Inheriting power makes our order weak.
Make those who demand power pass trials of fury and glory to reach it.

A challenge of wits, a challenge of empathy, a challenge of leadership.

Single combat in a gladiatorial arena with a one ton Liger in plate armor.

We could solve a lot of problems with more Ligers.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Forceful taking over power probably makes your order weaker. Your order single-handedly destabilizes the power structure at least every year, changes your policy proposals so often nothing actually happens, and failing to be held accountable to the masses makes either tyranny or anarchy exceedly likely. Just get a parliment or something like the other guys.
Doesn’t work. We used to number many. But there was too much infighting, too many factions watering down our ranks. Unworthy and useless, the weakest of our order, with support of even weaker, would almost see our order destroyed. Power begets power.

You know what? It is way too early for me to be spouting Sith lore. No more responding. Lol.

D

Deleted member

Should crab guy be permanently banned from events? Yeah. Should he be permabanned? Hell ****ing no. If yeeting one(1) crustacean is enough to get you permabanned from tournaments than half of the Smash community shouldn't even exist. And besides, banning the crab guy before any of the actual dangerous individuals inside the Smash community is a little bit of, uhm, skewed priorities
best of both worlds

permaban the crustacean yeeter and the sexual abusers/racists/homophobes/whathaveyou

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Projectiles hurt from a distance. Like, a lot.

Just imagine what would happen if someone came in there with a sniper rifle.
If he shoot you in the game, you die real life.

The Joker/Kirby Joker match-up became much more terrifying.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He absolutely should be permabanned, what the ****. Do you know how sharp crab shells are, even when cooked? He used a dead crab as a weapon. He IS dangerous.

D

Deleted member

anyways crab shells hurt a lot

like damn they sharp as hell and also hard as hell

:ultgreninja:'d by a goddamn marsupial

D

Deleted member

Who even brings a dead crab to a Smash tournament in the first place? You'd have to have super skewed priorities and be super dumb if you did that or you found it at the event, Either way it's super dumb to do that to HBox for only winning a tournament.

Is it the worst thing they could've done? No, Is it messed up? Yes. I don't think they should be permabanned from all events but they be should at be permabanned from this event, That's not a good or even decent thing to do it's disgusting, Dumb and Bad.

D

Deleted member

Oh, then are you willing to duel for the title of "Queen of Evil"?
best of both worlds

permaban the crustacean yeeter and the sexual abusers/racists/homophobes/whathaveyou
Even then I still don't think the crustacean equivalent of a rotten tomato should be worthy of a permaban. It's nowhere near an unforgivable crime.

D

Deleted member

Even then I still don't think the crustacean equivalent of a rotten tomato should be worthy of a permaban. It's nowhere near an unforgivable crime.
crab shells hurt more then a tomato

it's a legit safety hazard

imo nobody who poses a threat to the safety and security of those in the venue should be allowed in said venue

idk if the crab shell hit or not but if it drew blood there would be hell to pay

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Throwing a crab is dumb, but there's been worse actions in the smash community (see: Hyuga's sexual actions toward vikki kitty)
There should be a ban, but it should not be for life. Now if the same person keeps committing the same offense, then consider that more harsh option.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

imo nobody who poses a threat to the safety and security of those in the venue should be allowed in said venue

idk if the crab shell hit or not but if it drew blood there would be hell to pay
Seriously, it's the equivalent of throwing a large jagged stone at someone, not a tomato.

D

Deleted member

I can see why people think what say, Hyuga did was worse, but throwing that crab is a legitimate safety hazard that could have cause some serious harm. Just looking at it on it's own, whoever did it deserves some sort of large punishment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

quick quetion, if one is allergic to crab, wpuld the simple touch of the shell trigger it or does it have to be the meat of the crab?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I thought you were a warrior of light? Besides, you aren’t ready. But I am seeking a powerful apprentice. Come to the dark side, where our coffee is dark and our chocolate is darker.

D

Deleted member

anyways i'm not trying to excuse the actions of sexual assaulters or w/e

imo they should be permabanned just the same as mr. crustacean yeeter

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultgreninja:'d by a goddamn marsupial
I can't say I approve discrimination against marsupials.

Who even brings a dead crab to a Smash tournament in the first place? You'd have to have super skewed priorities and be super dumb if you did that or you found it at the event, Either way it's super dumb to do that to HBox for only winning a tournament.

Is it the worst thing they could've done? No, Is it messed up? Yes. I don't think they should be permabanned from all events but they be should at be permabanned from this event, That's not a good or even decent thing to do it's disgusting, Dumb and Bad.
To be serious, I hope they get permabanned in general. This isn't some minor offense or mistake, there's no reason to give them a chance to repeat this.

D

Deleted member

I thought you were a warrior of light? Besides, you aren’t ready. But I am seeking a powerful apprentice. Come to the dark side, where our coffee is dark and our chocolate is darker.
Light and darkness are merely tools for my own goals. But haha, I do not wish to take any knowledge from you, only your title and your life.

D

Deleted member

quick quetion, if one is allergic to crab, wpuld the simple touch of the shell trigger it or does it have to be the meat of the grab?
as someone who is allergic to shellfish...

i actually have no idea

should probably get an idea before it somehow becomes a problem

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know this is kinda funny because didn't some bigwig in the Smash community say people who get banned for sexual assault or something should be allowed to come back as the ban time could be used to 'reflect on their actions'? What's that guy's take of crab dude?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
melee fans staying classy as ever

yeah, id permaban him
I wonder how much longer it will be till that game dies.

What am I saying. They’ll probably start their own independent businesses to manufacture CRTs and Game Cube controllers, maybe even Game Cubes themselves, to the end of time rather than just move on to the next game in the series.

No other fighting game fandom clings to past installments like that. It’s almost sad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't say I approve discrimination against marsupials.

To be serious, I hope they get permabanned in general. This isn't some minor offense or mistake, there's no reason to give them a chance to repeat this.
While it wasn't the worst thing to happen in the Smash Community (ex: Hyuga's Sexual Assault) I think we should be viewing these offenses in a case to case basis and in that point of view what this person did was not good in the slightest and could be a serious safety hazard, He could've hurt HBox so I say Permaban this man.

D

Deleted member

I wonder how much longer it will be till that game dies.

What am I saying. They’ll probably start their own independent businesses to manufacture CRTs and Game Cube controllers, maybe even Game Cubes themselves, to the end of time rather than just move on to the next game in the series.

No other fighting game fandom clings to past installments like that. It’s almost sad.
To be honest, Melee is definitely a bit of a decline imo, especially with it getting booted from EVO, but it won't die any time soon. The community is passionate, plenty of people are still playing. It will live on.

D

Deleted member

nobody:
idaho:
9109603.jpg

You know this is kinda funny because didn't some bigwig in the Smash community say people who get banned for sexual assault or something should be allowed to come back as the ban time could be used to 'reflect on their actions'? What's that guy's take of crab dude?
"crab man could use the time to reflect on his actions and realize that you must eat the crab and not yeet the crab"

D

Deleted member

I just found this on YouTube:

I'm wheezing right now holy crud.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just don’t know why. What advantages does Melee have over Ultimate at this point.
Melee is already figured out meaning there's nothing new you need to learn. Once they ban Puff for 'not being hype enough' things will change but ironically it'll become more stale, but that just means the stuff that Melee players know works will work better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom