• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Who the **** is Carl?
**** you Carl! I know it was you! It's all your ****ing fault! *** hole Carl.
You missed a vital chapter of Smashboards Mythology my friend.

I just picked out a random name to blame it on and it surprisingly caught on really fast.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they can make it work then... sure? I wouldn’t mind.

Also if they can make her and every human in the game look less like E.T.

...I like that it was one-sided. Elise had a crush on him. That was the beginning and end of it. Sure, it helped save his life, but he didn't return her feelings. Albeit, I wouldn't have minded either. I mean, they're both sentient people, so the ship doesn't bother me.

Now the humans being uncanny valley definitely doesn't help. Just fixing 'em up to look more in-line with Unleashed or Shadow's humans would be good. They looked like they're in the same style as is.

That said, Maria, when playable in Shadow, was a pretty simple helper character who could do nothing more than jump and slap. They can make characters who seem like they can do little still pretty fun. In fact, I think she was the only unique character among the helpers, who all played the same. The others played like a downgraded Shadow, while Shadow had two more playstyles for Multiplayer only, with robotic variations of himself.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The more I start thinking about P5 Arena, the more I want P5 Arena.

I want a fighting game where I can main Yusuke and Morgana, dang it.
As a person who played Xrd, and quickly became my favorite fighting game to play, I would love it if P5 Arena has the style of Xrd. I would probably main Ann for aggressive crowd control zoning, since I like both pressure, and zoning.

D

Deleted member

What did Carl do this time?
Well... I just watched this in it's entirety...

How have your nights been?
I remember taking over a party by putting one whole Marble Olympics series on the TV screen and we all got more invested than any Olympic game we ever watched.
Should probably do that again tbh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thing I want the 3D Sonic games to do is make the OG cast relevant again. Despite Tails, Amy, and Knuckles appearing with him since his early days, they're barely relevant plot and gameplay wise, with Tails suddenly forgetting his all his character development come Forces, and Knuckles and Amy just forgetting that they actually did stuff at one point. On top of them, I hope they remember to use Blaze this time around, she's actually one of the best Sonic characters, and they barely use her.

Also, they really need to stop shoehorning Shadow and Silver into places they aren't needed, and can they stop making Silver a into a little ***** every game?

D

Deleted member

One thing I want the 3D Sonic games to do is make the OG cast relevant again. Despite Tails, Amy, and Knuckles appearing with him since his early days, they're barely relevant plot and gameplay wise, with Tails suddenly forgetting his all his character development come Forces, and Knuckles and Amy just forgetting that they actually did stuff at one point. On top of them, I hope they remember to use Blaze this time around, she's actually one of the best Sonic characters, and they barely use her.

Also, they really need to stop shoehorning Shadow and Silver into places they aren't needed, and can they stop making Silver a into a little ***** every game?
Honestly, thats something that Boom had going for it. Sadly we saw how it ended badly due to poor decisions including moving development to the Wii U.

I wish they would just take the SMB2 USA idea of having set gameplay but differentiate the characters to take into account their skills (Talis helicopter tail, Knuckles hovering, Amy hammer, Sonic being the balanced one)

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So any want to fill in on the topic today, or the thread title change? *is curious yet bored*

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m just glad the shipping craze of last week is over.

Next thing ya know, there’s gonna be a huge “adoption war”, where everyone scrambles to adopt or reverse adopt a user.

Me: I’m staying outta this.

D

Deleted member

Next thing ya know, there’s gonna be a huge “adoption war”, where everyone scrambles to adopt or reverse adopt a user.

2 late, ur my son now

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Oddly enough, I’ve been thinking of these exact things and have been trying to work them into the story ideas for my Sonic fighting game. I’d be more than willing to share what I have so far if you’re interested.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So any want to fill in on the topic today, or the thread title change? *is curious yet bored*
No real topic, other than someone making a version of Sonic '06 that's not a trash fire. MainJPW MainJPW was the one who posted it.

The thread title is inspired by Carl the Intern messing up the online even further and falling upwards in the industry.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Is there a culture that you are interested in?

Honestly, I’m gonna be boring, and say I’m interested in Japanese culture, mostly because of their style that is partly with grace, and well as some interesting differences.
Oh, and I’m also a bit interested in both French, and Italian cultures.

D

Deleted member

god i wish i was creative

i got a bunch of character concepts but i wanna play dnd and i'm not good at making characters that would work or feel good in a dnd setting

Noipoi

Howdy!

Honestly, I’m gonna be boring, and say I’m interested in Japanese culture, mostly because of their style that is partly with grace, and well as some interesting differences.
Vikings and Hawaii

No real reasons

giphy (1).gif

stitch clap.gif

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Glad I didn't miss anything.

This thread isn't any less insane than a few months ago, but it's not caught in a web of silly, stubborn theories, so there's that going for it, I suppose.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ha! I liked this. I can't tell who won immediately, which is the best kind of rap battle. Hopefully they make this season less gimmicky, like stopping with the third party crap.
Those can be fun if done well.

Honestly, I truly believe very few Epic Rap Battles are truly bad, and they’re mostly concentrated in the first half of season 3 with a few from the end of season 2.

Also, I know I’m overthinking this. But why is Freddy targeting Wolverine? He seams a little different from the type of person Krueger usually kills. I know the real world reason why, but they gave the battle a bit of story and that story doesn’t make sense when you think about it.

Also, Wolverine won. His burns were the sickest.

Also they should do Walt Disney vs. Shigeru Miyamoto.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I remember taking over a party by putting one whole Marble Olympics series on the TV screen and we all got more invested than any Olympic game we ever watched.
Should probably do that again tbh.
I too was way more invested in the Marble Olympics than any actual Olympics I've ever watched.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like we can weed *cough* out the people raised in Christian families by who actually remembers what the hell this was from.
nah

i grew an irrational phobia of veggietales when i was 5

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

No way in ****ing hell am I gonna play along with that. Already seen that sort of **** on Furaffinity to last a lifetime :yoshi:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
No way in ****ing hell am I gonna play along with that. Already seen that sort of **** on Furaffinity to last a lifetime :yoshi:
Luckily I wasn’t planning on partaking either.

Unfortunately @Shishœ tried to adopt me but I showed the “Get out of adoption free” card.

D

Deleted member

oh **** oh **** oh god uhhh

noi you're mine

gwen be damned

actually gwen you're mine

can't banish your own dad to the eldritch dimensions in the fifth ring

D

Deleted member

There is one thing that worries me about Persona 5:
I hear it has bad writing.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

American. Give me that sweet sound of FREEDOM.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I guess the occult Norwegian. Mysterious for many reasons.

I too was way more invested in the Marble Olympics than any actual Olympics I've ever watched.
I think I actually want to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom