• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, what?
View attachment 210246
Who are those fans saying that? DB is everything but a humorless show, quit the opposite in fact, even toward the latter half, there is still some humor here and there.
Honestly, I just got that vibe when people make DB seem like a show that's just 100% fighting and when people make Goku seem ultra serious, when in reality he's a pretty goofy guy.

It's kinda like FF7 in that regard, I was surprised to learn that Cloud wasn't some edgy emo teen and instead was a goodball.

D

Deleted member

Yo, does the game consider Joker's knife a sword attack? Trying to build a Spirits setup for him but I don't know if sword attack buffs would help him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait, what?
View attachment 210246
Who are those fans saying that? DB is everything but a humorless show, quit the opposite in fact, even toward the latter half, there is still some humor here and there.
To someone on the outside looking in, it would seem like Dragon Ball is a serious show.

Because most of the time the only think people talk about is the action.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I just got that vibe when people make DB seem like a show that's just 100% fighting and when people make Goku seem ultra serious, when in reality he's a pretty goofy guy.

It's kinda like FF7 in that regard, I was surprised to learn that Cloud wasn't some edgy emo teen and instead was a goodball.
Even in Z, Goku is still a very goofy character aside from spoilery moments. OG DB does get more serious even by the third proper arc though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

To someone on the outside looking in, it would seem like Dragon Ball is a serious show.

Because most of the time the only think people talk about is the action.
Yea, but he was (or I thought atleast) talking about Dragon Ball before Z. Which was much more focused around comedy for some time, before slowy turning into a more serious story with time, Z being the moment where the series began to take itself more seriously, and the part everyone know and talk about.

In that case, yeah, I understand the whiplash you had MightyP, if someone were to start at the very beginnig instead of the begining of Z (which is how most peoples in the world started the series), then yeah, you see that DB was really something else before turning about El Hermano story to beat El Grande Padre with the help of Gohan Blanco to save the multiverse.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me: oh boy i dont have to do anything on good friday, i hope i wake up at a reasonable hour

also me waking up at noon after sleeping for 13 hours:

1496473662359.jpg

D

Deleted member

I know this was made for a joke, but you should sell those spirits or use them for amiibos.
Unless if you want some strange collection.
I stole it off of Reddit lmao

Futaba isn't even the most attractive Persona 5 character anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom