• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Of course you don’t care about story. You’re a Nintendo fan.
7F37F840-65EA-47A3-A5B2-232EC4E236A8.gif

at least pyra's **** are big enough to be a stage in the first place

peach has literally nothing. everything under her dress is a void
The void is used to hide the cake...Toad is a lucky ****er
Unfortunately my heart belongs on the Pit/Samus flagship, which seems pretty empty as of late... :( I'd take the joker mask for Pit to wear or something... just something for Pit that would fit me, since he'd look amazing with different outfits and gear. Heck, give Pit a Samus arm cannon. But like I said, my inspiration has been low without help. That Pit in a Joker mask has been pretty good though (and he can cheat by using one side of the bow as a dagger). I just need more so that my creativity can inspire others somehow... someday.
Don’t worry they’d just be great friends
Nintendo has plenty of games with story, though.
Kid Icarus Uprising
View attachment 210213
snake
we ain't doing this today
3rd time this week

D

Deleted member

I was gonna respond to ya’ll but then....

Fayg. Is right. It’s not worth it.

I just wish Smash had a better story to it. That’s all.
I understand, but I feel like a story often just gets in the way of crossover fighters. Like, MVCI had a big budget story mode but it ended up failing to compensate. Maybe just have prefight dialogue like MK so the characters can interact without having to fully in with a story. I think that's why a lot of people like Project X Zone.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Then why would someone complain about it?

Sorry. As an artist it sometimes pisses me off to see the phrase "wasting their talent".
Yeah I feel. I get your point- but honestly in this context I definitely wouldn’t go so far as to personally attack her sense of humor lol...

Especially when I don’t think she was being serious to begin with...

D

Deleted member

Nintendo made Mother 3.

That's all I will say regarding this talk about Nintendo games with plot.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Know how I can get an image with this template?
you go online and click shared content
go to search with x and set search to creators and select the type you. It will show everything you made.

You click on the stage fighter whatever you made and below is a small button that says share. It posts to twitter

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I understand, but I feel like a story often just gets in the way of crossover fighters. Like, MVCI had a big budget story mode but it ended up failing to compensate. Maybe just have prefight dialogue like MK so the characters can interact without having to fully in with a story. I think that's why a lot of people like Project X Zone.
Maybe. But I feel like Project X Zone didn't get the characters that well. There's some funny lines for sure. But most of the time it read like ****ty fan-fiction. And for a big crossover game I have no idea how you avoid that. Not to mention messing up the "LORE" tm on occasion doesn't help.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
you go online and click shared content
go to search with x and set search to creators and select the type you. It will show everything you made.

You click on the stage fighter whatever you made and below is a small button that says share. It posts to twitter
I don’t have a Twitter yet, crap.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah I feel. I get your point- but honestly in this context I definitely wouldn’t go so far as to personally attack her sense of humor lol...

Especially when I don’t think she was being serious to begin with...
I didn't know it was a joke. I see that phase sometimes directed towards me so I get a knee-jerk reaction.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe. But I feel like Project X Zone didn't get the characters that well. There's some funny lines for sure. But most of the time it read like ****ty fan-fiction. And for a big crossover game I have no idea how you avoid that. Not to mention messing up the "LORE" tm on occasion doesn't help.
True. people want to see their favourite characters interact, but a lot of the time it's just poorly written and comes across as fanfiction. I suppose with crossovers that feeling is sorta inevitable.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Don’t worry they’d just be great friends
Works for me, so as long as Pit/Samus is the flagship. o: Honestly I need more inspiration though. It's not the same when you're doing all these alone.

On another note, I try Stage Builder for an hour and I am terrible at it (not just because of my joycon problem). Guess my creativity should stick to snapshots, but the bright side is that said Stage Builder encouraged me to put Smash in the system again (since I was playing MonHun).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just got back from a shower so I don't know what exactly is going on, but if we're talking about Nintendo games with story then I'm gonna throw a curveball and say that the dialog wasn't the only good thing about Kid Icarus: Uprising's writing.

A good chunk of the cast actually has clear character flaws, and I mean real, actual character flaws that aren't superficial or "cool," but they still manage to be endearing and in the case of Pit and Palutena legitimately well meaning despite them. And over the course of the game, a lot of them actually start to work through those flaws slightly, not enough to magically wrap up potentially hundreds or even thousands of years of ingrained mentalities but enough that they're at least starting to make progress in SOME capacity.

There's also bits of foreshadowing here and there that you likely won't catch on to until you replay a level, but when it does click you kind of realize just how much care really did go into the script writing. I think the only other Nintendo game I can think of that really does that is Xenoblade, and considering Xenoblade is a game people love so much for the story that the spoiler culture is STILL heavy duty even years and years after it came out I think that's more than a compliment to just how well Kid Icarus: Uprising handles things.

I love the game for the humor but the hidden depths of the writing are absolutely peachy too. :ultpalutena:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Behold, my greatest creation...a single block floating in the sky.

1555692635563.png

Also made this stage; "Portal Panic." Touching a portal may be hazardous to your health, since most of them warp you below the stage:

1555692698375.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom