• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright fellas, time to hit up Smash Ultima--

Screenshot (1185).png

...W-What?

Holy. ****. Welcome back, old friend. We missed you.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Someone remind me why it's not Leon who's more recent or Chris who Capcom have been pushing in MvCI and RE7 DLC, but Jill?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I kind of feel like Jill is one of the less likely Resident Evil characters, to be honest. Not that she's impossible just that if she did make it in over Leon, Claire, or hell even Chris I would be surprised.
Not me. I'd argue Jill is the biggest name of RE, and Smash has proven itself pretty platform agnostic when it comes to taking big names.

This actually made me think though.

There is no final fantasy spirits, no battles that use cloud either.

So if we got a square rep would they actually give us spiritbattles? Squares rights to things are more tangled up then we’ll a tangela.

Would we get actual content from them besides the character and stage this time? I feel like probably not so would square not get a board or could it actually get one...

Hm....
Well Sakurai said they'd all come with their own Spirit Board.

And I think it's a good idea to bank on a SE character. Ergo, I guess we're getting some SE spirit battles.

Also, getting more Mii costume stuff isn't out of the question either. We got stuff last time.

And fwiw, there are Cloud Spirit Battles. Zeke from XC2 is one, iirc.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Zeke from XC2 uses Cloud, but that's all I can think of.
Master Edges (the Smash 4 boss) also uses Cloud in the fight.
Edit: :ultgreninja:‘d.

I wonder if there was actually any legal reason behind why they only used Cloud in 2 Spirit fights, or if they simply couldn’t think of very many fights to use him in...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I wonder if there was actually any legal reason behind why they only used Cloud in 2 Spirit fights, or if they simply couldn’t think of very many fights to use him in...
Square probably charged them for every use of his likeness in all honestly

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Every spirit battle based on Cloud cost one million dollars in licensing.

Funny enough, the FF7 soundtrack was dirt cheap. Sakurai just wanted those spirit battles instead.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gotta say i'm kinda surprised they chose the phantom thieves logo when he actually is representing 'persona series' with P3/4

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't believe in dumb luck.

You've been saying this since like, Feb, and suddenly the Mii Theory spawns. :dr^_^:
What if I’m the second coming of Mimique and I’m just really good at speculating?

I’m being honest when I say I know little to nothing about DLC in terms of insider info.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
anyway i'd be lying if i said i wasn't a little bit bummed and also extremely curious (echo fighter maybe? we'll see by the 24th)

but also HOLY **** JOKER IS TODAY I CAN'T BE UPSET AT THAT
They told us we wouldn’t be getting any dlc echo Fighters in the first dlc pack.
Yeah imma pm it
I’m curious about this drawing you’ve made.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
They told us we wouldn’t be getting any dlc echo Fighters in the first dlc pack.

I’m curious about this drawing you’ve made.
they said the characters you're paying for wouldn't just be echoes, but they didn't explicitly exclude the possibility of said characters getting echoes either

that said, i don't expect it - they updated the smash site to fit the four remaining slots, and there's no room for echoes here

1555487749525.png

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I had it pointed out to me that Joker's all-out attack is recorded from Persona 5 and runs at 30fps.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well tonight was a fun night. Didn't have this much since Joker's reveal back in December. Hopefully tomorrow's as fun. Anyways gotta go to bed. I'll chat with y'all tomorrow.

Shroob

Sup?
It's pretty obvious 'for now' they're sticking to the "6 characters and we're done" motif.

That's not to say that there can't be more 'later', but I think that 'for now', speculating on a Fighter Pass 2 should be absolutely last priority now.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
my mood waking up to 16 mentions and a 'rip' message from two friends was yoshi inflicted with eiha

1555487870769.png

Kawaki98

Smash Rookie
they said the characters you're paying for wouldn't just be echoes, but they didn't explicitly exclude the possibility of said characters getting echoes either

that said, i don't expect it - they updated the smash site to fit the four remaining slots, and there's no room for echoes here

View attachment 209402
umm sakurai said non from the dlc will be echoes

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who cares if he knows anything or not?

Time inexorably marches forwards and sooner or later all shall be revealed.

buu waiting.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom