• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, guess what? Mario Kart Tour has been delayed to Summer 2019. Reasoning is so that they can improve on the service and app.

First Metroid, now Mario Kart. Next you're gonna tell me Fire Emblem: Three Houses is gonna be delayed.
How long had that been in development because otherwise I can hope for my boi :ultkrool: making his glorious return in Mario spin-offs since Sluggers.

D

Deleted member

Oh, also in other news, we now have some sales reports from the recent quarter from Nintendo. Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

As of now, the Nintendo Switch has sold 32.27 million units across the world, and 163.61 million software sales to boot, too.
Here are the best selling games on the Switch, too. Updated list.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 15.02 million
Super Mario Odyssey - 13.76 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 12.08 million
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 11.68 million
Pokemon: Let's Go! Pikachu / Pokemon: Let's Go! Eevee - 10 million
Splatoon 2 - 8.27 million
Super Mario Party - 5.30 million
1-2-Switch - 2.86 million
Mario Tennis Aces - 2.53 million
Kirby Star Allies - 2.46 million

And that's it, doesn't go over the others. Gotta say, 10 million Switches sold in less than a year? ****ing impressive.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh, also in other news, we now have some sales reports from the recent quarter from Nintendo. Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

As of now, the Nintendo Switch has sold 32.27 million units across the world, and 163.61 million software sales to boot, too.
Here are the best selling games on the Switch, too. Updated list.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 15.02 million
Super Mario Odyssey - 13.76 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 12.08 million
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 11.68 million
Pokemon: Let's Go! Pikachu / Pokemon: Let's Go! Eevee - 10 million
Splatoon 2 - 8.27 million
Super Mario Party - 5.30 million
1-2-Switch - 2.86 million
Mario Tennis Aces - 2.53 million
Kirby Star Allies - 2.46 million

And that's it, doesn't go over the others. Gotta say, 10 million Switches sold in less than a year? ****ing impressive.
Wasn't expecting Super Mario Party to be there :yoshi:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wasn't expecting Super Mario Party to be there :yoshi:
What's interesting is that they're all first-party games. No third parties in the top ten.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It probably doesn't include digital sales, in which case Fortnite might be up there...
Does a free download really count as a sale, though? You have to pay for the horde mode. Nobody plays the horde mode.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Except at my middle/high school and a few by the slice places I’ve been to where it was all cardboard.
Our middle/high schools had this À la carte menu where they served food from actual places; Pizza Hut, Chick Fil A or whatever it’s called. But you had to, like...have some actual cash on you. It was a vastly different experience than what I was used to prior to moving states. I was having pizza every other day.

Shroob

Sup?
Do we still not have the newest updated version of the banner with Plant added? I know I'm a bit of a broken record but I love that art.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Does a free download really count as a sale, though? You have to pay for the horde mode. Nobody plays the horde mode.
Depends on if its a gashapon or not.
You have noooooooo idea how much whales put into even the crappiest of those.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Depends on if its a gashapon or not.
You have noooooooo idea how much whales put into even the crappiest of those.
Oh I know. But they're counting sales not total revenue. I know how Fortnite makes its money.

Also hey, 4000th post. Woo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do we still not have the newest updated version of the banner with Plant added? I know I'm a bit of a broken record but I love that art.
It's on the blog, but I don't think anyone uploaded the whole pic to anywhere.

Shroob

Sup?
The death of the Wii Shop Channel really, as silly as this is and completely over-dramatic, reminds ya that nothing lasts forever.

That **** was a huge highlight of my teen years, and now it's gone.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
By the way, Vensuar is Spirit #420, just like this page number. Blaze it, or whatever, idc.
Equipping Venusaur always puts me in high spirits.

Yoshi doesn't just hold a monopoly on my heart, he's an all-powerful god who subjugates any other character that enters it :yoshi:
Not only does Yoshi hold a monopoly on Zinith's heart, he also holds a Monopoly on Boardwalk and Park Place.

The death of the Wii Shop Channel really, as silly as this is and completely over-dramatic, reminds ya that nothing lasts forever.

That **** was a huge highlight of my teen years, and now it's gone.
I'm sad to say goodbye to the original Pokemon Rumble.

That game was the absolute best of Wiiware, and now it's gone forever.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Can we get an F for the Wii Shop Channel?
Since my downloaded games had mysteriously vanished off of my SD card some years back, I spent some time today and earlier this month redownloading most of them before I lost them. (Having to do it one game at a time was rather annoying...)

It was kinda weird returning to it and seeing how severely dated it is compared to Nintendo’s modern Eshops. Yet, I had spent so much time there and had quite a bit of fun with some of the games I downloaded from it. It seemed so cool back in the day, didn’t it? The occasional free bonus like Everybody Votes Channel, Check Mii Out Channel, and Nintendo Channel was pretty cool, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, guess what? Mario Kart Tour has been delayed to Summer 2019. Reasoning is so that they can improve on the service and app.

First Metroid, now Mario Kart. Next you're gonna tell me Fire Emblem: Three Houses is gonna be delayed.
Again. it's gonna be delayed again. Unless they're forgetting that Awakening got in the public eye because of marketing, I see no possibility that Three Houses will actually release in May

StormC

Smash Hero
With 12 million units sold in a single freaking month, I think a season 2 of DLC is a real possibility now despite my previous hesitations on it.

It probably all comes down to whether or not Sakurai wants to, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
With 12 million units sold in a single freaking month, I think a season 2 of DLC is a real possibility now despite my previous hesitations on it.

I think it might depend on the actual DLC sales, too.

Uh, and development team. Sakurai doesn't make the DLC by himself. It can get smaller during post-release content creation, iirc.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

You know I would disagree but Ultimate has nearly outsold Brawl. As in, Super Smash Bros Brawl. As in, literally the best selling fighting game out there

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Well, we all know he can afford high-end tech thanks to ta-*gets shot*

Anyway, I wonder if dino computers have different designs.
Well it's clearly hexagonal and the monitor seems to be... hovering above the pc?
Holy Chortles that's advanced. Dino's should've never went extinct

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Still skeptical on a second fighter's pass. Nintendo is very one-and-done with their rounds of DLC, even with top sellers like MK8. If they've decided to do five fighters, they're probably only doing five fighters.

StormC

Smash Hero
You know I would disagree but Ultimate has nearly outsold Brawl. As in, Super Smash Bros Brawl. As in, literally the best selling fighting game out there
My best guess for Ultimate's lifetime sales before launch was 15 million. It's probably going to reach that or come close to it in the next fiscal quarter. Keep in mind this report only goes through December 31st; as of now, it's probably flying past Brawl.

Switch software is legitimately insane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom