• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I expect nothing.
Sakurai says he won't then chances are he wont.
... though I would hope for it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My best guess for Ultimate's lifetime sales before launch was 15 million. It's probably going to reach that or come close to it in the next fiscal quarter. Keep in mind this report only goes through December 31st; as of now, it's probably flying past Brawl.

Switch software is legitimately insane.
I think that Erdrick's official confirmation would boost Japanese sales. People mugges eachother to get DQIII copies so how would they react to that dude in Smash?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
:ultkingdedede:"What's a man to an king?"
:ultolimar:"What's an king to an army?"
:ultyoshi:"What's a n army to a god emperor?"
:ultpiranha:"What's a god to a non-believer?"

Edit: Got the original order of the meme wrong, fixed it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually almost wanted to make :ultmewtwo: or :ultdarkpit: the non-believer, but then it occurred to me that :ultpiranha: would be funnier.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Plz quickplay stop matching me with :ultpiranha: when I'm playing :ultrob: - I don't like pitting my boys against each other :(

And those Switch sales numbers are pretty cool: wonder where the new Animal Crossing and Pokemon Gen 8 will eventually rank? Also gives me hope that even Nintendo's less big-name titles might be able to still do well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I actually almost wanted to make :ultmewtwo: or :ultdarkpit: the non-believer, but then it occurred to me that :ultpiranha: would be funnier.
It should've been Shulk or Joker

Plz quickplay stop matching me with :ultpiranha: when I'm playing :ultrob: - I don't like pitting my boys against each other :(

And those Switch sales numbers are pretty cool: wonder where the new Animal Crossing and Pokemon Gen 8 will eventually rank? Also gives me hope that even Nintendo's less big-name titles might be able to still do well.
They'll likely be pretty high. Metroid 4 being delayed might hurt some people, but Pokemon and Animal Crossing are real big hitters.

D

Deleted member

I just hope Crafted World does pretty well... :yoshi:
Ditto.
It may well be my first Yoshi game, considering it’s on the Switch.
Then, I did play the Yoshi’s Woolly World demo on a public shelf 3DS a few years ago, so. . .

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that it'll only be a couple months until Ultimate overtakes not only Brawl, but both copies of Smash 4 combined in terms of sales numbers is mind boggling.

Those games have been out for years now.

Ultimate came out like 2 months ago.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I struggle to see what was changed about ZSS' middle-angled side smash. But maybe I just misunderstand it or didn't know how much the knockback was at before.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The fact that it'll only be a couple months until Ultimate overtakes not only Brawl, but both copies of Smash 4 combined in terms of sales numbers is mind boggling.

Those games have been out for years now.

Ultimate came out like 2 months ago.
Remember back when shareholders were selling their Nintendo stock because they only showed Pokemon Let's Go and Smash at E3?

Bet they're feeling stupid.

D

Deleted member

I still don't expect Nintendo to capitalize on Ultimate's success and make a second Fighter Pass simply because they hate money.

D

Deleted member

I can recognize Zinnith with any kind of name.
That user could change its name to "Yoshi Hater" and even then I would see Zinnith as clear as water.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can recognize Zinnith with any kind of name.
That user could change its name to "Yoshi Hater" and even then I would see Zinnith as clear as water.
Except he wouldn't.

I still don't expect Nintendo to capitalize on Ultimate's success and make a second Fighter Pass simply because they hate money.
If they hated money, they would release Melee HD instead of Ultimate.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It all depends on the percentage of people who buy the DLC. 12 million is a great number. If only 2 million of those 12 million buy the fighters pass, that is significantly less revenue being brought in than what a brand new release could.

Nintendo doesn't play by other companies' DLC rules in part because their audience is different. They're ****ing Nintendo. People who have little interest in playing this as a long-term fighting game will still buy it because you can fight Sonic as Mario with a bunch of goofy things happening onscreen. I'd suspect that the attachment rates for DLC in Smash are significantly lower than a more traditional fighter like, say, Street Fighter V. So it ultimately depends on whether enough people purchase the DLC to convince Nintendo that negotiating longer contracts for their borrowed Bandai Namco and Sora employees is worth it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I found out yesterday that I have a retinal tear and I need laser surgery ASAP
Appointment is tomorrow at 9EST.

:urg:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh shoot, that's awful. I hope things go well for you :yoshi:
Thanks... By the way Zinith, did you get some kind of celestial promotion or something? I wanna be a god emperor :(

How the **** did you do that?
People keep asking me this and I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that I accidentally flailed and kneed myself in the eyeball like a decade ago... but that was like a decade ago.

Wishing that you make it through pal.
We will support you as much as possible.
Good luck with that, I hope it goes okay.
Well, hope it goes well
Thanks guys. I appreciate you all.
****'s scary.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
People keep asking me this and I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that I accidentally flailed and kneed myself in the eyeball like a decade ago... but that was like a decade ago.
Probably too much Smashboards.

Good luck. You'll be alright.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Probably too much Smashboards.

Good luck. You'll be alright.
Hopefully. But I hope I'll be able to work or something within a few days of it because I have a big money problem lol.
And yeah SB probably makes people blind but it's fun so

Think of this as a reflection of my heart and personality (yes, I'm being earnest and not memeing all of you)

Plus, you already have the power :yoshi:
I just made a scene in the office because all of a sudden I started glowing and floating towards the ceiling.
I'm not gonna question it.

And that's cool, man. Haha

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Is it said I actually kinda hope all of the DLC characters are 3rd Party characters?
With how Nintendo has placed almost all of my most wanted 1st/2nd Party characters as Assist Trophies/Pokémon, I don't think anything they'd offer would excite me..unless they told a white lie and Rex/Pyra actually got in.

1. Would explain the K Rool guidance talk about bananas (repeat mode cause it keeps making me think about that)
2. Bowser Jr is good though...not Roy, but still good
3. They were confirmed to have gotten lazy over the years
4. Guess she was being lazy
5. The only time she won’t mess with Pit is if it’s a legit serious business or when he almost died and she went into the “depressed goddess” mode
I can't stand Bowser Jr for the following reasons.
1) Bratty Kid Archetype
2) Child looks Identical to Parent as Child Trope
3) Child is named (Parent) Jr. Trope
4) Literally just Baby Bowser in design (I find it lazy)
5) His creation led to the Koopalings being retconned to no longer be Bowser's children but his henchmen instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom