• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unfortunatlely I don't think we're getting a direct next month. March, probably.

But that's fine by me, because i'm expecting a Pokemon Direct in February.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unfortunatlely I don't think we're getting a direct next month. March, probably.

But that's fine by me, because i'm expecting a Pokemon Direct in February.
Sadly I agree. The most we might see is maybe datamining of remaining DLC characters but that's it. Otherwise March I think we might get our first glimpse of gameplay of Joker as well as release date for April and tease of the next DLC fighter and if lucky maybe of the others two such as silhouettes being shown.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember there being some discussion about Simon as a wanted addition back during Smash 4's heyday, since he's considered a classic third-party NES/SNES icon along with Mega Man, so I wasn't surprised at the leaks/reveal of him. I heard more about Simon than I did about Isaac or Skull Kid, which is why I was surprised that those latter two were so discussed last year, since I'd never heard them be hyped up before. But I didn't peruse the Smash community too closely until last year, so what do I know.

Richter was the real surprise. No one anticipated him. But from what I heard, it has to do with the fact that Richter is more popular in Japan than Simon is. Makes sense, given that Rondo of Blood was Japanese exclusive for many years, and was apparently very successful over there despite that.

Dark Samus, too. Chrom's been requested since forever, since he's apparently popular among Fire Emblem fans as the main character of Awakening, so he wasn't a surprise, but Metroid fans primarily only cared about Ridley. I never saw anyone really bring up Dark Samus, since she was only in two games and is much less popular and well-known than Ridley. The only time people started discussing her was when there was evidence for her based on the E3 demo, with the DS alt color for Samus missing, Echo Fighters being introduced, and the DS Assist Trophy not having been shown. Before that, hardly a soul considered her.

I'd love to see the raw ballot results and figure out how the hell Dark Samus came ahead of other potential Echo Fighters. Whether or not I ever understand that mystery, though, I'll be extremely thankful.
Oh, I can totally understand Japan wanting Richter over Simon any day of the week. ****ing Divine Bloodlines is literal sex, for God's sake. ...That, and Rondo of Blood is severely revered, like how Donkey Kong Country 2 is revered, over there. But I mean, Bloodlines, man.

This song is the best in the entire Castlevania franchise, and you know it. The bassline says it all.

I think with all this Smash Ballot talk, I know it'd probably do a lot of discourse alongside the interesting facts, if we DO know about the raw results if they get revealed, though... With Sakurai being able to get direct info from Nintendo about Online statistics (which is quite rare for them to do), being more open about character decisions, I hope one of these days we'll get to see direct inside info about the process for these selections, rather than just being the outsider looking in. It's just seeing him place Simon and Richter on the level of King K. Rool and/or Ridley is what makes me curious the most.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Richter's inclusion in the game was most likely a result of his popularity in Japan. That and Sakurai said though he briefly considered Alucard he went with the Belmonts due to fans finding them more recognizable and felt they would had preferred them. Simon was obviously added as the main one being he's the most recognizable Belmont and as said Richter due to his popularity in Japan.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Well if somebody waited a Decade+ Just for one Character I think they deserve their character just based off of their Patience alone. There's other examples of stuff but I'm too tired to look it up right now.

I'm pretty sure I've waited at least a decade for nice weather. Where is it?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh we resurrecting that joke from last week?

SUPER SMASH BROS X PLUMBERS DON’T WEAR TIES

Jane joins the battle! Enjoy fighting in a style of pictures right after another in beautiful 60 FPS. Look out for the dogs in the audience!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hmm, you have a point there...

Now I can't make up my mind whether I want to use Masked Marshmallow's pic or yours...
I mean I kind of just threw that image together, I could touch it up, but I'm fairly tired right now.

I will say though that I'd find it really funny if you used an image I drew in 15-20 minutes as a jokey sketch as your PFP. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Jane joins the battle! Enjoy fighting in a style of pictures right after another in beautiful 60 FPS. Look out for the dogs in the audience!
I GOT A BETTER ONE

SUPER SMASH BROS X DESPICABLE ME

GRU STUFFS THE CRUST!

D

Deleted member

Isn't that the Movie/Game thing that was critically panned due to not really being a video game

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure I've waited at least a decade for nice weather. Where is it?
I never said the characters were gonna happen nor do I think most of them will but It's not a bad thing to want People to get what they want or to be Happy as I always assumed that was a good thing? I'm Just saying I'm rooting for People to get who they want which is why despite me not liking Erdrick in the Slightest I wouldn't wish harm upon people who want him nor would I insult them cause I think everyone should get who they want eventually.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Isn't that the Movie/Game thing that was critically panned due to not really being a video game
Yep.

Game has an 18+ content warning for a scene yet the game is 17+.

The real question is what fool would (seriously) want one of the leads in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Ooo I got one
SUPER SMASH BROS X THE BEE MOVIE

BARRY BEE BINSIN SUES THE FIGHT!!

D

Deleted member

Ooo I got one
SUPER SMASH BROS X THE BEE MOVIE

BARRY BEE BINSIN SUES THE FIGHT!!
Um the same thing posted twice if I get infracted for this i swear

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sigh. Yet another character elevated to godhood because of a meme.

God I hate memes.
I’m starting to resonate with that. The Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme was resurrected and while I like some of the art that spawned from it the meme is just starting to spread everywhere. Now there’s like UI Shaggy battles on comic vine...which are being consecutively locked by the way, but it still shouldn’t be a thing in the first place.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m starting to resonate with that. The Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme was resurrected and while I like some of the art that spawned from it the meme is just starting to spread everywhere. Now there’s like UI Shaggy battles on comic vine...which are being consecutively locked by the way, but it still shouldn’t be a thing in the first place.
lol this dude uses comicvine as a hub for vs debating

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never said the characters were gonna happen nor do I think most of them will but It's not a bad thing to want People to get what they want or to be Happy as I always assumed that was a good thing? I'm Just saying I'm rooting for People to get who they want which is why despite me not liking Erdrick in the Slightest I wouldn't wish harm upon people who want him nor would I insult them cause I think everyone should get who they want eventually.
But it's impossible for everyone to get what they want, so it isn't very smart to make it a purpose, especially in a game that emphasizes creativity this much.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I Mean who doesn't?
VSBattles
Bootleg VSBattles #259 there are too many of them
Omniversal Battledome (RIP)
Narutoforums (RIP-ish)
Spacebattles
r/www
r/characterrant

All of these are applicable and diversely used.

I’ve been going there since 2009. I don’t use just comic vine, though.

I know you have an account on there btw.
which i used to ****post with a friend to **** on another site

never used it again. so much for boasting

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But it's impossible for everyone to get what they want, so it isn't very smart to make it a purpose, especially in a game that emphasizes creativity this much.
Okay I'm confused to what your point is. At first I thought you were Saying that wanting people to be happy is wrong but Now I'm just lost

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m gonna do exactly one more.

SUPER SMASH BROS X OZ NO MAHŌTSUKAI

Dorothy Gale sweeps in! She may not have many fighting skills, but her silver shoes and kiss from the Good Witch of the North should help her win. Her Final Smash involves the Tornado dropping a house on opponents! Now that shall blow the competition away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom