• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
making jokes get me flamed

by all means, go ahead

By "so many" you mean like 500 tops
Why do you feel the need to diminish the potential popularity of a character you don’t like. Why does anyone? I mean. I can’t stand Steve but i’m not gonna day he’s not popular.

I’ll say why I think he shouldn’t be till the cows come home but I won’t say that he actually isn’t.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Game: Come up with a not so direct codename for your most wanted and explain where it came from.

Sora: Destiny. Sora's homeland is the Destiny Islands, which is also an important area in the majority of the KH games.
Geno: Flash. Geno's final and strongest ability is called Geno Flash.
Saber: Phantasm. In Fate, some of the most powerful abilities are called Noble Phantasm.
Chunli: lightning (lightning kick) and FF bait
KOSMOS: alphabet_salad (self explanatory)
Pyra: shield (Aegis aka shield is her title in the game)
Impa: Sage (she's often the only one who knows what's going on in Zelda)
Saber: Saber (its already a code name and there needs to be an easy one)
Ezio: assassin (only sneaky because its literally after saber)
Diablo: Fear (lord of fear, brave needs a friend)
Tyrael: Justice (Angel of Justice)
Li-ming: mana (I need more)
Terra: esper (generic term for psionic user or specific term in FF6)
Kerrigan: primal (Starcraft 2 revolves around this, for her anyway)
Sephiroth: wing (One-winged angel)
2B: model (directly references her full designation, but wouldn't be highly guessed)
Lloyd: brave (datamining)
Dana (Ys): dancer_one (she literally moves like one)
Shantae: dancer_two (her magic works through dance)
Lenneth: valkyrie (literal, but I think she'd be some peoples 2nd or 3rd guess)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I imagine Ultimate's main theme as "Everyone is here" not Adding most of the fan wanted characters, Like I said Sakurai did good with adding Fan Favorite Characters this time around like K. Rool, Ridley and Depending on who you ask Simon. That's pretty good but as I said I think the only way to top Ultimate for now is to add the 3rd Party fan favorites and other Fan Favorites. That's just me.
According to Sakurai. Alongside :ultkrool:both:ultridley:and:ultsimon::ultrichter:were added as a result of the ballot.

And though probably not as much as those four. These four were also added due to being frequently requested. :ultisabelle::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:

So yeah that's most of the newcomers then.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You mean like what he did for Ultimate?

>Skull Kid
>Fan Favorite

Did you mean bandwagon pick?

All I'm saying is that before him it was Ghirahim, and before Ghirahim it was Midna; Skull Kid wasn't speculated about or requested at all until loz18 threw his name out.

I'm actually kind of surprised his popularity has lasted this long.

Still waiting for that picture of Mach Rider riding Skull Kid btw.
Skull Kid got requests well before Loz. It did become more vocal after him. There might be some bandwagon fans, but I doubt it was much. It seems more like "Ooh, we have a good reason to express our current support." Same reason why a lot of Minecraft fans spoke up after Verg said stuff.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As it stands out though the only ones that didn't get added for demand were :ultincineroar::ultinkling:(Was guaranteed anyways),:ultpiranha::ultken:

Was Joker requested/demanded?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As it stands out though the only ones that didn't get added for demand were :ultincineroar::ultinkling:(Was guaranteed anyways),:ultpiranha::ultken:

Hard to tell. He had support and a fan base but he didn’t exist during the ballot.

Although I think Sakurai enjoyed Persona 5 so maybe...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why do you feel the need to diminish the potential popularity of a character you don’t like.
You had it all going for you and then you said that. :239: Bold of you to assume how much I like characters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I like it, but let me put it this way...

I'm thinking more like DIO's expressions and mannerisms... :yoshi:
Here's a sketch I threw together in about 20 minutes, is this kind of thing what you're looking for?
DioshiSketch.png
...This is basically a ****post...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sigh. Yet another character elevated to godhood because of a meme.

God I hate memes. If I could only do one thing with the infinity gauntlet... it would be to change my Y chromosome to an X or change the result of the 2016 election. But then i’d get rid of all memes!
To me it isn't a meme. I'm being completely earnest with that image

D

Deleted member

Okay yeah I kinda forgot some characters were popular like Isabelle and Dark Samus. I knew Chrom and them were Popular but I forgot that Isabelle wasn't added cause of Marketing but instead because of a decent amount of Popularity,

I might've assumed that cause of the Trailer and AC for Switch being revealed right after, Instead what probably went down was "Oh Sakurai you're developing Isabelle mind if we group her reveal and AC:Switch together?" Sure why not.". Still though I would Like for Sakurai to add more Fan-Favorites as people deserve to be happy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No. Was it proven even more fake than it already was?
Remember when the banner glitched and a green pixel was found near Little Mac? Many assumed it was Isaac using vines, based on his stance from the fake mural. But actually..

he presh.png

So yes. It was proven even more fake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

According to Sakurai. Alongside :ultkrool:both:ultridley:and:ultsimon::ultrichter:were added as a result of the ballot.
I'll say this, in regards to all-around worldwide popularity, I can see King K. Rool being a part of that. The requests were MASSIVE for an entire region alone for Ridley, so I can see that making sense too, for the poll.

However, Simon and Richter? Simon probably have been requested off and on in the past, and Richter probably was added in as a bonus, but to say that he's on the level of Ridley and King K. Rool makes me do a double take. Note, I'm looking at the Smash Ballot as how varying regions would vouch for which characters. (Example: Ridley = America, Bayonetta = Europe, Rex & Pyra = Japan, so forth)

Even adding on how simply dormant the Castlevania IP had been during that time of the Smash Ballot and with what numerous fan-made polls we've seen, I'm curious how Sakurai came to the conclusion to add in Simon and Richter in that deal.

But then again, Bayonetta won the Smash Ballot back during Smash For, so what do I know? :dazwa:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Nerfed suicide death, nerfed burying, and buffed almost everyone getting back on the stage. Maybe they're going for general fun experience rather than balance at this point?

D

Deleted member

Nerfed suicide death, nerfed burying, and buffed almost everyone getting back on the stage. Maybe they're going for general fun experience rather than balance at this point?
*Sees Jigglypuff got some buffs especially her Bair*

Me: It's Melee time!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Maybe it's just cuz it's new, but I really like playing Piranha Plant.

Not as much as my mains, and certainly not as much as my bro :ultincineroar: but I could see it being a secondary.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You want us to take the idea of Yoshi as Jesus completely seriously?

I’m just gonna go to sleep now. The world has clearly gone mad.
I'm pretty sure you missed the entire context. This is basically a representation of my personality, and in that way I'm being earnest. No, I'm not making everyone think he's a literal god, but sure, keep up the judgment all you want...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, the Wii Shop channel is shutting down very soon.

May it enter the great cloud in the digital sky.

(Remember that redownloading will be avaliable for the foreseeable future and all video on demand services will end with the shop channel)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure you missed the entire context. This is basically a representation of my personality, and in that way I'm being earnest. No, I'm not making everyone think he's a literal god, but sure, keep up the judgment all you want...
I apologize for missing the context. I just wasn’t eager to have another Shaggy meme.

Go ahead and represent yourself however you want. Just don’t make stupid jokes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well were on our last day of January this year until February comes in. I await what news, datamining, leaks (Real or Fake) and potential reveals awaits on that month.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'll say this, in regards to all-around worldwide popularity, I can see King K. Rool being a part of that. The requests were MASSIVE for an entire region alone for Ridley, so I can see that making sense too, for the poll.

However, Simon and Richter? Simon probably have been requested off and on in the past, and Richter probably was added in as a bonus, but to say that he's on the level of Ridley and King K. Rool makes me do a double take. Note, I'm looking at the Smash Ballot as how varying regions would vouch for which characters. (Example: Ridley = America, Bayonetta = Europe, Rex & Pyra = Japan, so forth)

Even adding on how simply dormant the Castlevania IP had been during that time of the Smash Ballot and with what numerous fan-made polls we've seen, I'm curious how Sakurai came to the conclusion to add in Simon and Richter in that deal.
But then again, Bayonetta won the Smash Ballot back during Smash For, so what do I know? :dazwa:
I remember there being some discussion about Simon as a wanted addition back during Smash 4's heyday, since he's considered a classic third-party NES/SNES icon along with Mega Man, so I wasn't surprised at the leaks/reveal of him. I heard more about Simon than I did about Isaac or Skull Kid, which is why I was surprised that those latter two were so discussed last year, since I'd never heard them be hyped up before. But I didn't peruse the Smash community too closely until last year, so what do I know.

Richter was the real surprise. No one anticipated him. But from what I heard, it has to do with the fact that Richter is more popular in Japan than Simon is. Makes sense, given that Rondo of Blood was Japanese exclusive for many years, and was apparently very successful over there despite that.

Dark Samus, too. Chrom's been requested since forever, since he's apparently popular among Fire Emblem fans as the main character of Awakening, so he wasn't a surprise, but Metroid fans primarily only cared about Ridley. I never saw anyone really bring up Dark Samus, since she was only in two games and is much less popular and well-known than Ridley. The only time people started discussing her was when there was evidence for her based on the E3 demo, with the DS alt color for Samus missing, Echo Fighters being introduced, and the DS Assist Trophy not having been shown. Before that, hardly a soul considered her.

I'd love to see the raw ballot results and figure out how the hell Dark Samus came ahead of other potential Echo Fighters. Whether or not I ever understand that mystery, though, I'll be extremely thankful.

D

Deleted member

Citation needed.
Well if somebody waited a Decade+ Just for one Character I think they deserve their character just based off of their Patience alone. There's other examples of stuff but I'm too tired to look it up right now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I remember there being some discussion about Simon as a wanted addition back during Smash 4's heyday, since he's considered a classic third-party NES/SNES icon along with Mega Man, so I wasn't surprised at the leaks/reveal of him. I heard more about Simon than I did about Isaac or Skull Kid, which is why I was surprised that those latter two were so discussed last year, since I'd never heard them be hyped up before. But I didn't peruse the Smash community too closely until last year, so what do I know.

Richter was the real surprise. No one anticipated him. But from what I heard, it has to do with the fact that Richter is more popular in Japan than Simon is. Makes sense, given that Rondo of Blood was Japanese exclusive for many years, and was apparently very successful over there despite that.

Dark Samus, too. Chrom's been requested since forever, since he's apparently popular among Fire Emblem fans as the main character of Awakening, so he wasn't a surprise, but Metroid fans primarily only cared about Ridley. I never saw anyone really bring up Dark Samus, since she was only in two games and is much less popular and well-known than Ridley. The only time people started discussing her was when there was evidence for her based on the E3 demo, with the DS alt color for Samus missing, Echo Fighters being introduced, and the DS Assist Trophy not having been shown. Before that, hardly a soul considered her.

I'd love to see the raw ballot results and figure out how the hell Dark Samus came ahead of other potential Echo Fighters. Whether or not I ever understand that mystery, though, I'll be extremely thankful.
Would you like the real results, or the sifted ones that remove the 5 billion Shreks and Cory in the Houses?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well if somebody waited a Decade+ Just for one Character I think they deserve their character just based off of their Patience alone. There's other examples of stuff but I'm too tired to look it up right now.
I don't get this train of thought, tbh. Nobody told them to support a character for that long.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Dark Samus as I recall it was demanded mostly in the West. That's where it stems from.

D

Deleted member

I don't get this train of thought, tbh. Nobody told them to support a character for that long.
I don't know man maybe so and maybe they don't deserve to be Happy (I still think they do) but I want people to be happy. I want Isaac fans to be happy, Geno fans, Banjo, Skull Kid, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom