• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well this post aged incredibly well and it's only been twenty or so minutes, Pour one out for my dude Noipoi Noipoi I am so sorry for your loss.

At least Geno didn't get deconfirmed! Hahaha...like it matters

Not to mention that it's coming out tomorrow! That's incredibly exciting! And that stage! That stage is incredible!
BRO STOP SAYING YOUR SORRY FOR MY LOSS

D

Deleted member

I know it isn't looking good at all for jane. But I'ma still hold out for secret costumes coming after the concert XD
We can pray.

So who argued with me saying Joker wouldn't have his Gun again?
To be fair, they did censor out the blood in his final smash. Nintendo ain't going completely 1-to-1 yet lol. K. Rool is like, "No! Muh sparkles!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
WHAT THE FUUUUUU
Fianlly!!!

As someone who doesn't care about Joker, he seems a cool character.
It seems a lot of effort is put into those DLC characters, more than the default roster.
The only thing I don't like is that it's based on counter attacks and charging gauges, two things I hate, but regardless of this, I like the new character.

The stage builder is finally decent... layers, moving parts, and the ability to use series-themed backgrounds instead of generic pictures are a win.
The video editor is just a plus, I mean, it's cool but it doesn't affect gameplay so I care a bit less.

This update is great and the stage new builder is finally something interesting considering that I still don't have the game and I'm waiting for the full content to be shown before purchasing it.

Even though I like how he turned out, I doubt I'll get Joker because I simply don't care about Persona, though I have about 6 euro already on my Nintendo account, about the cost of a fighter. I'm still waiting for a character I care of... I really want to main someone else that's not Kirby and I'm waiting for a DLC character I can get hyped for, since I'm not particularly fond of the base roster newcomers.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Jokerino looking rad and ****.
But No Jane, No Buy :V

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SMASHBOARDS THE FANFIC

LAST TIME
Cyndane is getting sick of our heroes' ****
Galaxy Queen Rosalina and Moydow are building a resistance
The group have to find Noipoi
Noipoi, Incineroar and Sans had a rad training montage
Everyone sang for some damn reason

and now...

Chapter 7: Noipoi Country Returns

(a bit of a ****ty chapter meant to set up the next few, I need to get back into the groove)

@TotsBS stared at the sunset, a wistful look in his eyes. He had lost count of how long it'd been since that day, the day he became the man he is today. He trained long and hard with his master, Scott the Woz. But right before he was to take upon the title of master himself and train his own student, a demon from one of Dark Queen Cyn Cyn 's many dark realms ascended from the fiery depths. Together they fought valiantly, and the beast fled with it's forked tail between it's legs, but the damage was done. Scott the Woz was dying. In a last ditch effort to save his master ToTsBS absorbed Scott's soul and merged it with his own, making them the same being (while still slightly different). TotsBS (Now Scott) swore to guard his merged soul forever, but in a cruel twist of fate it was decided by the Gods that if Banjo and Kazooie didn't emerge from the Triple Ether-Gate (E3) on June 11th, Scott's soul would be lost. He could feel them, he could sense Banjo and Kazooie's spirits in the realms beyond. But he wasn't quite sure if the almighty elder God Sakurai would choose them. Only time will tell. Alas, now wasn't the time to dwell on what the future held, he had a resistance to help! He made his way down into the base and looked upon his fellow freedom fighters. "Hey y'all, Scott here! And if I learned anything from fighting **** Vitale's Awesome Baby College Basketball, it's that taking down evil overlords should be a breeze!" "I wouldn't be so sure, Scott." spoke @Galaxy Queen Rosalina while @Moydow followed her, a grave look on their faces. "Cyndane's like nothing you've ever seen." agreed Moydow "She'll destroy you, bring you back to life, and destroy you again. Just because she can." Scott mulled these words over, then looked into the sea of faces. His comrades, @PsySmasher ZephyrZ ZephyrZ @Connorb0t2 and @TheCJBrine to name a few. Would he really be okay with sacrificing their lives? Just then, the front door was blasted open and a dark shadow was cast over the base. @KMDP and @Diem got ready to fight Cyndane's guards, but it wasn't Cyndane's guards. It was just one woman. "I'm gonna ask this once, and only once. Where's my son?" asked an incredibly pissed off @Cutie Gwen .

Luigi The President Luigi The President led the group into a dense forest. " RandomAce RandomAce says he was here." she spoke, as the wolf Pokemon nodded in agreement. @staindgrey tried to ask a question but @faygoshill kept dabbing in his face, so Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku asked it for him. "Well, where is he?" @Zinith found a flip-flop footprint, and looked up to see where it led. "I think he went this way!" he said, without speaking in brackets because his secret was out. As they trudged on @Mr. Wario just couldn't help but ask. "Why were you a God Emperor two weeks ago? What happened to your titles?" ZInith paused for a moment. "You know Zeus? God of thunder?" "Yeah" responded @ClaTheBae "I ate his lightning." ...."what?" everyone managed to ask at the same time.
"Yeah, I did. Tasted real spicy. Anyway, because I offended a fellow God to such a high degree I got my Godhood stripped." "Okay," started Mr. Wario "Well what about Emperor?" "Picked it because it sounded cool." With that explained, our heroes continued their trek, until- *KABOOOM* "Oh yeeeah, brother!"
"What the **** was that?" asked staindgrey, but @tehponycorn just smirked. "That's Noipoi." They chased after the trail of flames in the sky, hoping their friend was on the other side.

@Pyra (who used to be ToasterBrains, but their soul was consumed by waifu-ism) entered the strange realm. " Mythra Mythra i've come to bargain..." they spoke. Suddenly, deity of lewd Mythra appeared. "What do you ask of me, fellow blade?" Pyra then pulled put a laptop. "You wanna ****post?" Mythra considered the offer, then answered "Hell yeah."

Noipoi, Sans and Incineorar blasted through the clouds, rocketed by intense flames from Incineroar's belt. They were headed straight for Cyndane's castle, they were ready to end this. "Almost there, bud. Keep it up!" encouraged Noipoi. "yeah, you're on fire" punned Sans. "I will drop all of us, RIGHT NOW."
The Heel Pokemon threatened. They both shut up. After offering a quick prayer to Jane, they finally landed in front of Cyndane's fortress of evil evilness.
Idon Idon @PeridotGX and @NateVO all tried to stop them, but Noipoi had grown too strong. He blasted them away with a quick Fire Blast, and entered the castle. Cyndane wasn't in her chamber, instead there was a young woman dressed like a moon sailor named Hinata Hinata . "Hey uhhh, I came to stop Cyndane but she's not here..." Suddenly, dark chains sprung from the shadows and wrapped themselves around her limbs. "Finally, a vessel!" spoke Cyndane as she rose from the darkness. Aw ****, she's about to use this chick to destroy the world! All at once, Noipoi's friends rushed in ready to fight. But Cyndane had already taken Hinata high into the sky, towards her vacation home of evil evilness. Their only option was to follow her, and end this once and for all...
Oh no! Cyn Cyn has my mommy!

Don't worry mommy! Hinata Hinata I'll save youuuuuuuu!
il_570xN.838171102_7zbc.jpg

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Joker has some really good alts too. This one could be my favorite.

Leave it to DLC to provide the interesting content, it seems. Sometimes.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay to dampen the mood a bit, I'm actually kinda worried about Joker's Arsene summon.

It seems to function in a way similar to Little Mac KO and/or Cloud Limit, but the difference is he can't manually charge it and to do so, he'd either have to be at a stock/percent deficit or be put into a counter state where he could be grabbed. And even then he only temporarily activates his boost mode by himself without player input, meaning some characters might try to stall him out.

Granted, all his moves look absolutely phenomenal in terms of frame data, range, comboing, and killing potential for his smashes, and Arsene might just be the "cherry on top" for him, but that being his primary mechanic kinda scares me if he relies on it and it doesn't pan out.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
First I finally become confident in my ability to shorthop consistently, then Nintendo goes and adds a shorthop shortcut the next day.

Then I go make a mini-montage, and Nintendo announces that you'll be able to just do that in-game the next day.

Welp.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note.

What do y'all got to say realistic guns can't be used now?

And thus another rule taken out. Doom Slayer seems like he'll no longer be an issue. ;)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Joker doesn't have a little video like everyone else.

I guess Plant got one because he was basically ready, he just needed more time.

I suppose DLC characters won't have them.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay so 2 newcomer reveals at E3 methinks

Also hoping that they put as much love and care into the rest of the DLC pack as they clearly have for Joker (though I know Sakurai especially likes Persona 5)

D

Deleted member

Because there's a distinct lack of Jane boobs put there, and someone's got to fix that.
Maybe it’s just ‘cause I’ve been turned off by everything for the last couple of weeks, but looking at it realistically, there’s really no point in doing it other than satisfying sexual urges.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So is this a soft disconfirm of Characters outside of the FP? That would seriously suck if so.
I mean this is usually how it goes for FP's, look at Street Fighter. They release them as sets. All this confirms is at least a break between this and FP 2

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Erdrick and Banjo are my E3 Predictions.

Hell it could even be better for both sides that wants them. Its a long stretch but maybe even...

Banjo and Steve. Win-Win for Microsoft.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Never forget that today is the day where Nintendo walked slowly and dropped a Trailer of Smash :falconmelee:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wow that was really unexpected. But I think we have an idea of 3 out of the 4 DLC characters. They're going to be from Namco, SE, and Capcom.

The 1st mii costume pack only had Sega costumes both returning and new. So I think the rest will follow with each respective new character from each company.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay so 2 newcomer reveals at E3 methinks

Also hoping that they put as much love and care into the rest of the DLC pack as they clearly have for Joker (though I know Sakurai especially likes Persona 5)
Feast your eyes, for Joker has arrived! Marvel at his changing stage, be bewildered by his particular moveset, chuckle at the little references and easter eggs I left for all you Persona fans!

Here's ****in Banjo I don't give a ****

D

Deleted member

Outside of a surprise, it really does seem like they're sticking to their "Plant+5 fighter pass" slots.

For now.
Dang man that's bad for Characters who have little to no chance like Dixie, BDee and my boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom