• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Ok. What did just happen?
Also, did Joker absolutely murder's Sakurai's "realistic guns are off-limit" quote?

LEON HERE WE GO

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is the first time that we've gotten a new assist trophy through DLC, right? (at least, I think Morgana is an assist trophy - I've only seen Joker's individual trailer, but I don't think he's part of Joker's moves)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well if they reveal Banjo and Erdrick, it appeals to two crowds. The Japanese market and the western market. It's actually a fairly smart move since we're all amped over Joker's Fighter Pass right now. We can wait till E3.
I fully agree. I just honestly dont think Nintendo has the smarts to do this. We don't really have a big western exclusive 3rd party. So if banjo is in would they make a smart choice like this?

This DLC is being handled very differently so I'm curious if we actually get 2 characters this year at E3. It's going to be something for sure.

D

Deleted member

HEY GREY.

REMEMBER THE "ponytail" PART OF THE JANE CODING?

GUESS WHO ELSE HAS A PONYTAIL, AND WE KNOW SHE CAN USE A GUN?!
Hang on.
Jane - Jill. Ponytail.
You might actually be onto something here. Jane could be a phonetic codename or just another generic name for a girl.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is the first time that we've gotten a new assist trophy through DLC, right? (at least, I think Morgana is an assist trophy - I've only seen Joker's individual trailer, but I don't think he's part of Joker's moves)
Morgana's part of Joker's taunts. He's going to jump in and quip with "Looking Cool, Joker!" and now I'm reminded about why I want to strangle him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
lmao i called my own thing

joker's persona gimmick is just heritage for the future

D

Deleted member

HOLY **** OUT OF NOWHERE?! :crazy:

Also Persona 3 and 4 music seems to be in, too!

@Mr. Wario Somehow you were right, no direct.
Yo I called it. Nice.

Also,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m watching the Smash news update

HOLY **** THIS IS THE COOLEST **** I HAVE EVER SEEN IN SMASH

Shroob

Sup?
"Hello and welcome to Smash Ultimate Tonight.

Tonight's Breaking News is Japanese School Kid guns down two Italian Men in cold blood."

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
THE MEMES WERE REAL!
1555464837819.png

Also, I'm so glad they put in P4 and P3 music, plus Stage Builder looks AMAZING!

HE HAS A ****ING GUUUUUUUUUN.
I love that they gave him the gun moves from that one "cheater" sidequest! So cool!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"A counter that's also a reflect!? Is that even allowed!?"

- Salty Quickplay players after fighting K.Rool for the first time.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The only downside to this all is knowing someone will show off what Joker looks like in Wario's mouth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultjoker:

IS

HERE!

bruh I'm excited as heck

no news on who the heck Brave is tho...guess we will have to wait just a little longer for that still...but again. it's fine. I can wait. I finally have JOKER BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"A counter that's also a reflect!? Is that even allowed!?"

- Salty Quickplay players after fighting K.Rool for the first time.
Palutena and K. Rool look at each other

"****, I didn't read the rules, did you?"

"I'm a goddess, man, I'm above the rules."

Roberk

Smash Champion
Okay to dampen the mood a bit, I'm actually kinda worried about Joker's Arsene summon.

It seems to function in a way similar to Little Mac KO and/or Cloud Limit, but the difference is he can't manually charge it and to do so, he'd either have to be at a stock/percent deficit or be put into a counter state where he could be grabbed. And even then he only temporarily activates his boost mode by himself without player input, meaning some characters might try to stall him out.

Granted, all his moves look absolutely phenomenal in terms of frame data, range, comboing, and killing potential for his smashes, and Arsene might just be the "cherry on top" for him, but that being his primary mechanic kinda scares me if he relies on it and it doesn't pan out.
Gotta agree, a move set literally relying on counters doesn’t sound fun. Go against anyone conditioned for dealing with counters and you’re send straight to grab/wait ‘n punish town.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
HEY GREY.

REMEMBER THE "ponytail" PART OF THE JANE CODING?

GUESS WHO ELSE HAS A PONYTAIL, AND WE KNOW SHE CAN USE A GUN?!
DON'T TEASE ME.

NOW THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH--!!

D

Deleted member

I still can't get over the fact his Neutral Special is literally just called "Gun"
Screenshot_20190416-220651.png

I also cannot get over the fact he doesn't play like a HftF character all. Press F for the Jojo stans.

D

Deleted member

I fully agree. I just honestly dont think Nintendo has the smarts to do this. We don't really have a big western exclusive 3rd party. So if banjo is in would they make a smart choice like this?

This DLC is being handled very differently so I'm curious if we actually get 2 characters this year at E3. It's going to be something for sure.
I'm... definitely unsure. Our initial speculation over when Erdrick would be revealed was completely off. We'll just have to play it by ear until someone credible says something.
THE MEMES WERE REAL!
View attachment 209206
Also, I'm so glad they put in P4 and P3 music, plus Stage Builder looks AMAZING!

I love that they gave him the gun moves from that one "cheater" sidequest! So cool!
I guess my one throwaway meme really did pay off.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do we know what Joker's stage is tho?

More importantly...how's he gonna be handled in WoL?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"For his neutral special, he wields a gun."

1514676675002.png

Not just a specific magic gun, just... gun.

I can't believe how BTFO these anti-gun posters are right now. They're just so straight-forward with it like it's not even a problem.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For the love of god I hope they give us at least a DLC character tease of Brave next week. That's all I ask. Must we wait another less then two months of such an DLC character drought...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well I must say... I was mainly worried w/ how Mementos would look in Smash.

Those worries have completely disappeared now.

Kinda wish I wasn't smack dab in the middle of midterms right now...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
My complaining about lack of Joker info prompted Nintendo to drop info. I am the new furry messiah guy.

Also Joker will win Smash through the power of gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom