• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pretty sure Shiny was being sarcastic? Maybe? I can't really tell but I don't think he's illogical enough to just be a straight ass hat about someone's opinion of a cartoon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Other popular opinions if people jumps to conclusions I'm a total cynicalist.

-Hellboy and its sequel are my favorite non-DC and Marvel superhero films.
-Love the Rocky films. In fact I look up to Rocky Balboa as an idol since everyone was basically him at some point in their lives when life was getting down for them but managed to come out on top despite all odds.
-Giant monster fan. On top of Godzilla. I also love the Heisei Gamera films and King Kong films.
-Yu Yu Hakusho is as of late my favorite anime. Yusuke and Kuwabara being my favorite characters.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
  • it's ok to dislike popular things, and i try not to get defensive about the popular things i do like because it's not worth it and they don't need defending
  • with that said, ffs peni ham and noir are obviously minor comic relief characters, criticizing them for not being super fleshed out like miles/peter/gwen is like criticizing an apple for not being an orange ok im done

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pretty sure Shiny was being sarcastic? Maybe? I can't really tell but I don't think he's illogical enough to just be a straight *** hat about someone's opinion of a cartoon.
Being a **** and hiding it under sarcasm isn't really an excuse.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh uhh, if you spoil Endgame in this thread I will literally report you. No joke. I want at least one part of the internet as a safe space seeing as virtually almost every other social media site will be compromised with spoilers now. As long as I won't get an infraction for reporting someone for that reason, right mods?
We should do that with every new movie, tbh.

Don't see why it should be regulated to only Endgame...

If all of you wanna talk spoilers of a recent release, remember that the spoiler tab exists

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Unpopular opinion: Into the Spider-Verse was overrated. Overpraised and overhyped and how people saw that towards Black Panther I saw towards that movie. It was average at best IMO.

Among my nitpicks were not as much fighting as I thought there'd be and Peni, Ham and Noir not appearing until close to the third act. However I'm willing to give this series a chance and hopefully the sequel and spin-offs proves to be improvements.
I thought there was just enough fighting in this film and the quality of those fights more than made up for any potential lack, though I will agree that I would’ve liked the other spiders to appear sooner, though I can understand if it would’ve made things a bit too cluttered.

I’ll agree there’s some minor issues but I don’t believe those are enough to bring the film down and I believe it deserves all the praise and hype it had going for it.

Roberk

Smash Champion
As much as I would have loved more of those three, I don’t think they needed more screentime because the story wasn’t about them. They were there to show how much variation there could be among the spider-people and for some fun moments (I think? Gotta ask the filmmakers if I’m reading their intents right)

I genuinely have nothing but praise for the movie and mad respect for Sony for making that save after the emoji movie.
Sure, I think the team made the best decision for the movie by giving them less screen time, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a detriment. Those characters still had scenes trying to pull at your heart strings so they’re intended to be more than just jokes, but we simply just didn’t have enough time to care about them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>Zach beats me with water gun gimp
>Arena breaks
blackquil laughing.gif

Now that's what I call karma.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Round 3.

4FT5S

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Sure, I think the team made the best decision for the movie by giving them less screen time, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a detriment. Those characters still had scenes trying to pull at your heart strings so they’re intended to be more than just jokes, but we simply just didn’t have enough time to care about them.
That’s fair. I can’t say I felt the same way, but man do I want some spinoffs focused on them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys, I figured out why Smash online sucks so much. It's all foreshadow for our next newcomer.

Crash
Steps into the Ring

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Favorite Animal: Crocodile
Favorite Animated Film: The Brave Little Toaster (The Prince of Egypt being a close second)
Favorite Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Cartoon: The Angry Beavers
Favorite Character: Daggett (The Angry Beavers)
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Comic: Hellboy
Favorite Kaiju Film: Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Favorite Natural Horror Film: Alligator (1980)
Favorite Post-Apocalyptic Film: Reign of Fire
Favorite Superhero Film: Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2
Favorite Video Game: God of War series

I'd go on but it'd be endless but just wanted to post this just so people can get a better idea of me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tagging Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! in this. I have a slight idea on the Spider-Women spin-off could play out:
We didn’t get any resolution on Doc Ock, last she saw of her she was hit by a truck in the collider fight. I think it’s possible that she got sucked into another dimension and she becomes a major player if not the main villain that the Spider-Women have to track down and apprehend.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We should do that with every new movie, tbh.

Don't see why it should be regulated to only Endgame...

If all of you wanna talk spoilers of a recent release, remember that the spoiler tab exists
We did it so well with KH3 spoilers that I was able to go 2 whole months without being spoiled.

I sure hope we can make 3 weeks.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I fell asleep what did I miss?
lmao major scenes of Endgame got leaked

Thread carefully on Youtube now my dudes
Oh **** really? Oh gosh IIRC this happened with Infinity War too is nothing sacred anymore? What's the point in Spoiling stuff for people?

I really hope I don't find any spoilers on Youtube or here for that matter.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, hey, if you guys want to get mad at me, the only anime I watched and is up to date is MHA. I have tried other anime, but I didn't like them.

No, I haven't gotten to DB yet, I will eventually.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait... why don't you like Thor: Ragnarok then?
Because there was a difference. While the Guardians films were campy and goofy in nature they at the same time let emotional moments sink in nor didn't have forced jokes and quips being pulled off every five minutes and still managed to at the same time take things seriously without moments being interrupted by a damn joke or quip. Yondu's funeral or death of Quill's mother in the beginning of the first Guardians most notably comes to mind when it comes to emotional moments sinking in meanwhile we have ****ing Korg interrupting Asgard's destruction with a damn joke.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Redline is great but it's so weird.
That's what makes it great thooooooo.

Everyone's always moving. Always. Even when it's wholly unnecessary, ESPECIALLY when it's wholly unnecessary. There is very rarely a still frame in that entire damn movie, and it's ****ing AWESOME.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
still mad there isnt worldbreaker hulk in mcu yet

like cmooooonnnnnn its gotta happen eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom