• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note Missing Link is so far the best movie I've seen this year. Gonna see it again this week and for sure picking up on disc when it comes out.

******** that it bombed while soulless crap like those live-action Disney remakes and Disney/Pixar films that relies on overused tropes nowadays makes money. Missing Link shows an animated movie doesn't need to rely on tropes to be good.

D

Deleted member

So I understand that Nia's life is in mortal peril as we speak, but sigh...

This **** is a bigger ****ing problem, Tora!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Something I'm a fan of is turning your sadness and anger into productivity. Use the energy you get from those emotions and do some work. Or hell, don't do some work. Draw a cool idea you had earlier or get good at a game or write a story or something. Anything to take your mind off it while still utilizing that energy

Something I'm NOT a fan of is self-harm. Personal experience, it just makes you more sad. Don't do that.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
On another note Missing Link is so far the best movie I've seen this year. Gonna see it again this week and for sure picking up on disc when it comes out.

******** that it bombed while soulless crap like those live-action Disney remakes and Disney/Pixar films that relies on overused tropes nowadays makes money. Missing Link shows an animated movie doesn't need to rely on tropes to be good.
Laika movies always seem to do poorly at the box office, but they always do a number on my heart.

D

Deleted member

The lvl 99 telethia that just sits on its *** preventing anyone from exploring the top of the mountain.
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought endbringer only aggros you if you attack it first?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Writing can help quite a bit. Or drawing. Or creating something that reflects what you're thinking.

Though, don't be afraid to cry. Personally, I think men should be encouraged to show their emotions more. I mean, it's one thing to feel like you cry because of a lot. All that means is that you have a heart, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to cry less.

But still. Some folks just feel like they can't cry. Which is sad in itself.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Laika movies always seem to do poorly at the box office, but they always do a number on my heart.
At this point I'm losing interest in Disney animated films due to their constant use of tropes most notably pre-climax arguments and twist villains and moving onto Laika when it comes to animated films..

It especially hurts me Laika doesn't have the best of luck in the box office since they work effortlessly to pour their hearts and souls into these underrated masterpieces.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought endbringer only aggros you if you attack it first?
Well ****, I kinda assumed it would just one shot me on sight.

Well, I aint plugging back the Wii U again to test it out so I'll accept that.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oof, MK11 is getting completely torn apart now and we’re not still a couple weeks away, so if you want to avoid spoilers for that game, now is the time to get completely shut off for now.

As if the whole game wasn’t leaked enough, someone got a hold on Shao Khan, fatalities and intros from other characters have surfaced, Frost finally started showing up as she’s the only character not officially shown yet, and apparently is downloadable (although it also seems she’s base/free).

I already felt bad when Ed Boon in his interview with Game Informer basically admitted that MK11 already got leaked, but this game can’t get enough.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I DON’T WANNA FIGHT 64 SNAKES
You’re pretty good.
(That’s the only MGS quote even remotely applicable to this situation.)

Sometimes I wish I could change my username without buying premium.

Also, I was more talking about my tendencies towards bitter, black and white, misguided rants.

Vote in the EarthBound poll.
https://www.strawpoll.me/17822309/

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oof, MK11 is getting completely torn apart now and we’re not still a couple weeks away, so if you want to avoid spoilers for that game, now is the time to get completely shut off for now.

As if the whole game wasn’t leaked enough, someone got a hold on Shao Khan, fatalities and intros from other characters have surfaced, Frost finally started showing up as she’s the only character not officially shown yet, and apparently is downloadable (although it also seems she’s base/free).

I already felt bad when Ed Boon in his interview with Game Informer basically admitted that MK11 already got leaked, but this game can’t get enough.
Your opinions on Scorpion/Sub-Zero joining Smash at the last MK11 trailer?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Not many of Laika's movies are known for making bank though. There's a reason why crappy remakes are a thing, people like what's familiar.

Saw Isle of Dogs a few days ago and I thought it was great.

EDIT: Though in Dumbo's case, it ain't making much.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Telethia is indeed the chill bro.

Pharsis is a ***** if you enter her wet disco ball with a Skell.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
The biggest issue is that there's like no advertising or Laika moves, which cause tgem to bomb. I, for example, was completely unaware of Missing Link until 2 weeks ago because of the lack of marketing.
That's very true, they don't usually do the greatest job at getting the word out. It might be because they're a somewhat smaller studio and therefore don't have the funds to devote to a huge marketing campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom