• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Smash, anyone interested in an evening arena?
I could put my Ender Dragon fighting to a hold.
I destroyed all of the End Crystals, but I have to be super careful.

Let's fight. I have not played Smash today, so my skills might be mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And speaking of ******* Twist Villains. Apparently not even animated films that isn't Disney nor Pixar are safe from that damn trope...

Looking at you Lego Movie 2. Hint, hint. Rex Dangervest...-_-

On another note too I'm rather grateful I was wrong about the Light Fury being on it with Grimmel as I predicted.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
actually, I'm gonna vote Fire Red in the 'mon poll.

My first Pokemon game (at least outside of the N64 titles, I forgot), and while it's a Gen 1 remake alongside Leaf Green, it's technically Gen 3 so I avoid requiring a flame shield :cool:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Guys just face it. Scorpion in Smash Bros. will never be a thing.

Hell I would give Sans better chances of getting in long before Scorpion ever would.
That's... quite a bold statement, and when people say things like that with other characters, not Scorpion in particular, they look like fools when they end up being wrong. I'm not saying he's likely, but no character is ever impossible.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's... quite a bold statement, and when people say things like that with other characters, not Scorpion in particular, they look like fools when they end up being wrong. I'm not saying he's likely, but no character is ever impossible.
Goku? (Why the **** is this even a thing to begin with when Sakurai said Video Game characters only? What makes Goku so special that differs him from other non-video game characters?)

Shrek?

Batman?

Spider-Man?

Scooby-Doo?

Guess they're not impossible either I guess.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys just face it. Scorpion in Smash Bros. will never be a thing.

Hell I would give Sans better chances of getting in long before Scorpion ever would.
People were only talking about Mortal Kombat in a general sense, not in terms of Smash. But I'll bite I guess.

Though honestly, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are a pair of poster boys that are pretty iconic. Not quite up to Ryu and Ken's level, but that's only because Japan in particular never cared too much for the series and thus got very few entries released there. In the US and UK, I'd argue that MK is a bigger series, at least sales wise.

If you think the violence is an issue, Snake and Bayo had their violence toned down, and I would argue that Bayo's violence, while not a "gory" as modern MK is about as flashy as Classic MK, if not a bit more so and she turned out fine.

Sub-Zero would be a slightly safer choice if Scorpion's spear is a bit too much compared to the Grappling Hook/Grapple Beam that the Links and Samuses use. Not that it should, because all it would be is a command grab with a "slash" effect like Ridley's skewer, likely without the close-up on top of that. But these attacks don't NEED blood to show up.

And you don't need Sub-Zero to do his Spine Rip, Something more tame like an Ice Beam like MK9 or his Injustice 2 Super could work. Hell, even turning into a Polar Bear and doing something like Ike would work to reference Animalites.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If you think the violence is an issue, Snake and Bayo had their violence toned down, and I would argue that Bayo's violence, while not a "gory" as modern MK is about as flashy as Classic MK, if not a bit more so and she turned out fine
Yet people says Doom Slayer is too violent...Yet clamors for Scorpion and Sub-Zero...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If they didn't keep regurgitating the same overused tropes over and over again that they do nowadays I wouldn't have such a problem or be losing interest. Its to that point I know what to expect and who the twist villain will be. Looking at you Ernesto...

The fact Missing Link actually had a main villain from the get-go like how Disney villains used to be especially back in the 90's felt like a breath of fresh air and was like I was watching an 90's animated film again.
I don't know why Ernesto is your go-to example for this when he's one of the better examples of the trope...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know why Ernesto is your go-to example for this when he's one of the better examples of the trope...
Again...I would not have such a problem if Disney/Pixar weren't overusing that god damn trope. Its too that point I know what to expect and why I've stopped watching their films because I can't enjoy it without not knowing what to expect or being surprised or such.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yet people says Doom Slayer is too violent...Yet clamors for Scorpion and Sub-Zero...
I've heard more people complain about Scorp and SubZ than Doom Slayer. Nor is Doom Slayer a character I have anything against. If you were to pick a character from a shooting game, I feel he'd be the best choice not just icon status, but music and stages too. He'll even bring some decent spirits if possible since all the enemies have could make for good fights.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Speaking of winning in Smash...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Again...I would not have such a problem if Disney/Pixar weren't overusing that god damn trope. Its too that point I know what to expect and why I've stopped watching their films because I can't enjoy it without not knowing what to expect or being surprised or such.
Okay but you literally bring this up all the time. We get it.

Also thanks for spoiling a movie that only came out a few months ago, by the way.

Shroob

Sup?

Literal Joy-Con Boiz out there representing.

Noipoi

Howdy!

roarcrouch.png

One day.....

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And speaking of ******* Twist Villains. Apparently not even animated films that isn't Disney nor Pixar are safe from that damn trope...

Looking at you Lego Movie 2. Hint, hint. Rex Dangervest...-_-

On another note too I'm rather grateful I was wrong about the Light Fury being on it with Grimmel as I predicted.
Thanks for the spoiler buddy.

>:^(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom