• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Luigi's "WOOOOAAAH" that's stolen straight from Mario Kart Wii sets up the punchline for Mario's reused line from SuperStar Saga.
I like how unphased he sounded despite having a giant demon of darkness summon around him. Like that's the sound he makes when he gets jumped at a surprise party
also 100th post nice

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I wish I could hop on streams more often. I was playing solo battles with friends online, since I never get to jump in enough for ridiculous commentary.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Real talk though I think Ridley's jab is ****ing amazing, especially if it's used if someone mashes out of side b, my friends really struggle with that because not many characters seem to have attacks that can outspeed Ridley's jab when he lets go of you

D

Deleted member

Real talk though I think Ridley's jab is ****ing amazing, especially if it's used if someone mashes out of side b, my friends really struggle with that because not many characters seem to have attacks that can outspeed Ridley's jab when he lets go of you
Are your friends using SDI?
Also, Ridley's jab is fun. It can lead to some nasty stuff too.
Jab - Neutral Air - Edgeguard

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You know, here's a good question. What's the most impressive parry people here have pulled off? Once I parried Doriyah and another time I was on the ledge as Incineroar vs a Link who was charging Fsmash. I ****in parried the first hit and Revenged the second one, he was SO mad
I tend to parry a lot of things (even things that I really shouldn't like multi-hit attacks that are too fast to parry), so it's happens pretty often for me.
I've parried quite a few of :ultganondorf: F-Smashes and Warlock Punch, but those do have a bit a startup, so it's not too bad.
The best parry I've ever pulled off was against a fully charged :ultroy: Neutral B w/ :ultridley:

Was it smart... no? Did I need to do it... no? Did it look awesome as ****... yes, yes it did.

I was playing against I think PsySmasher PsySmasher as their Ridley ( it was a tough match). We were each down to 1 stock, like over 100%. They down smashed, I parried, and then Smashed for the win.
Oh yeah. I remember that.

Good times.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that Incineroar is the only Pokemon that has a special move completely made up for Smash. Thunder Jolt, while not appearing in the games, has appeared in the TCG.

Alolan Whip never appeared in any Pokemon media aside from Smash.

D

Deleted member

I don't think SDI can make your attacks faster, their issue is that Ridley doesn't get put in disadvantage if someone mashes out of his comman grab, meaning Ridley can punish you for breaking free
That is not what I meant by "attacks faster". I meant that if your friends are struggling to escape Ridley's rapid jab, then they should SDI. Do you use rapid jab? Also, as a player who plays Ridley, I agree that Ridley can punish you when you escape his jab. I have done it before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is there any updates on that? like is the fire contained?

-The spire is totally lost
-Fire is officially controled
-At least one rose window is intact
-The stone vault saved the rest of the building
-No structual damages that could compromise the rest of the Cathedral

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't think SDI can make your attacks faster, their issue is that Ridley doesn't get put in disadvantage if someone mashes out of his comman grab, meaning Ridley can punish you for breaking free
I was able to act out after escaping his command grab, but I wasn't sure if my friend didn't react fast enough to follow up. Alternatively, I think rolling right after is possible, but you probably need to expect the escape in order to time it right, otherwise you're eating his skewer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That is not what I meant by "attacks faster". I meant that if your friends are struggling to escape Ridley's rapid jab, then they should SDI. Do you use rapid jab? Also, as a player who plays Ridley, I agree that Ridley can punish you when you escape his jab. I have done it before.
Again, they're not struggling with his rapid jab for being a multihit, they're struggling because it's like frame 3 and not many characters can beat that

D

Deleted member

Sorry shish but superheroes are the most oppressed group of all, especially Iron Man, a rich white dude
despite being only 13% of the population, superheroes are directly responsible for 50% of total murders in the united states of america

ok but actually are we all gonna forget about the time when tony stark made a murder bot that tried to drop a city on everyone

i mean sure his mind was ****ed with by wanda but still

D

Deleted member

We got Yoshi's Crafted World icons but still no Smash icons.
Nevermind, you can all relax.

D

Deleted member

Again, they're not struggling with his rapid jab for being a multihit, they're struggling because it's like frame 3 and not many characters can beat that
Oooh, makes sense.
I should use that jab tactic more often when I am playing Ridley.
Thank you!

Edit: Double Post

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

-The spire is totally lost
-Fire is officially controled
-At least one rose window is intact
-The stone vault saved the rest of the building
-No structual damages that could compromise the rest of the Cathedral
If this is to be believed

Seems like the damage isn't as bad as it could be. It's tragic that we lost even one of the stained glass windows, but at the least the rest are ok.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Gwen was referring to when someone mashes out of Side B, Ridley's jab will come out faster than most characters' other attacks, meaning even if they mash out, Ridley is still in a good position.

Also you can pretty much SDI out of any rapid jab. That's pretty much how you get out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom