• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How the heck do you even dub Nichijou? So much of the show's humor is based around Japanese word-play and puns that don't really translate well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How the heck do you even dub Nichijou? So much of the show's humor is based around Japanese word-play and puns that don't really translate well.
I think what happens in that cause is that they replace the joke with some English friendly joke... regardless if it’s good or not

D

Deleted member

I think what happens in that cause is that they replace the joke with some English friendly joke... regardless if it’s good or not
If they do it the same way they did Sgt. Frog it could be good.

Otherwise, eeeeehhhhh I'll stick with my blu-ray of the sub.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They translated Squid Girl, specifically the episode where the joke is that everyone's speaking English but one character who doesn't know English tries to pretend she knows what everyone's saying by assuming what they mean, examples include accidentally telling someone who's looking for directions she'll kill him and when the scientist asks what she thinks of her as a person she assumes she wants snacks and isn't happy and goes "We're poor" which in Japanese, sounds an awful lot like the word bimbo.

The dub made them talk cockney instead, ****ing genius

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

I feel like the motives are different
Well, if you say so, Captain Motive-Finder
Honestly I've seen this a lot for the last week and it's a surprisingly good motivation tool for getting my life back on track
Shish, you're expecting me to give you the same rights as the karate bugman?
Uh... of course? Is this a rhetorical question?

Shroob

Sup?
I mean.

The Thanus thing is to make Thanos implode.

The other thing sounds like a line from a doujin, and I'd know, I know a guy who's paid to translate doujins.

:drshrug:

D

Deleted member

anyways speaking of ant-man why does the wasp have a penis on her torso
1555375111568.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom